X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JC_snooker_37
    replied
    Originally Posted by fkhan View Post

Nicely done. Just round it up on the top and burnish the sides after and you are all set.

Just for the picture. I did polish the sides when I put it on. But then I got a little aggressive with some sand paper while I was playing.

That's about as round as I like it. I tent to add too much side with a domed tip.

Leave a comment:

• fkhan
    replied
    Originally Posted by JC_snooker_37 View Post

That's the ADR tip fitted. They start off white but end up black when shaped.
    Nicely done. Just round it up on the top and burnish the sides after and you are all set.

Leave a comment:

• Cue crafty
    replied
    Has anyone heard bad reports on century tip quality?

Leave a comment:

• JC_snooker_37
    replied

That's the ADR tip fitted. They start off white but end up black when shaped.

Leave a comment:

• JC_snooker_37
    replied
    I've been down the rabbit hole a little.

I'm using an ADR lamb skin at the moment. Which is a little harder than I am used to. But its got very good grip and holds triangle chalk just fine. ( Which has made me question what I thought I knew about tips in the past)
    when I've tried other people cues with hard tips, I've found it hard to screw and had to chalk every shot. Also too hard an the donk sound isn't pleasing.😄

Before than I tried G1, cue soul soft and always elks before that.
    really didn't get on with the cue soul tips.
    I've never had a bad elk. Just one that was a little too soft or a little too hard. They're so cheap that if your fitting them yourself it's not an issue to pull on off. They also seem to like a bit of sand paper every no and then.

Leave a comment:

• fkhan
    replied
    Originally Posted by Met75 View Post
    Hey guys!

Tell me, the snooker players whitch tip types preffered (or better?)? soft, medium or hard
    I'm hobby player.
    I use BCE JWS.100 cue with original tip for long time.
    A few weeks ago change the tip to Elk Master soft. I play with it and I didn't feel anything special.
    A guided by a sudden idea, change the tip to Le Professionel hard tip and I hate every shoots. It was too direct feelings to me. As if it were the handle of a broom🙄
    The medium tips what it feels like? I have one IBS Diamond medium tip, I dare to try it or similar fellings like hard tip?😁

sorry this bad english..
    ADR147 pressed medium tips. My preferred choice.

Leave a comment:

• Met75
    replied
    Hey guys!

Tell me, the snooker players whitch tip types preffered (or better?)? soft, medium or hard
    I'm hobby player.
    I use BCE JWS.100 cue with original tip for long time.
    A few weeks ago change the tip to Elk Master soft. I play with it and I didn't feel anything special.
    A guided by a sudden idea, change the tip to Le Professionel hard tip and I hate every shoots. It was too direct feelings to me. As if it were the handle of a broom🙄
    The medium tips what it feels like? I have one IBS Diamond medium tip, I dare to try it or similar fellings like hard tip?😁

sorry this bad english..

Leave a comment:

• ADR147
    replied
    Originally Posted by Nifty50 View Post

Why all the mystique lol?
    No mystique just not my business fella.

Leave a comment:

• Nifty50
    replied
    Originally Posted by ADR147 View Post

And who makes them
    Why all the mystique lol?

Leave a comment:

• ADR147
    replied
    Originally Posted by Cue crafty View Post

No surprise I guess Andrew, I'm sure you know exactly how decent those tips are then.
    And who makes them

Leave a comment:

• Cue crafty
    replied

I know tom
    No surprise I guess Andrew, I'm sure you know exactly how decent those tips are then.

Leave a comment:

• ADR147
    replied
    Originally Posted by Cue crafty View Post

Ask Das Lowe for some Tom tips. I'd love to know what you think of them, best tips I've used since playing again in 2015.
    I know tom

Leave a comment:

• Cue crafty
    replied

Mine was due to them not having the tan leather in the right quality at the time, in the case of Talisman it is a totally different material.
    Ask Das Lowe for some Tom tips. I'd love to know what you think of them, best tips I've used since playing again in 2015.

Leave a comment:

• ADR147
    replied
    Originally Posted by itsnoteasy View Post

I don't know but I do remember ADR made a tan tip but had to change to black but I forget the reason for it. He might come on and tell us again.
    Mine was due to them not having the tan leather in the right quality at the time, in the case of Talisman it is a totally different material.

Leave a comment:

• Nifty50
    replied
    Originally Posted by mikee View Post
    I’ve used normal Elkmaster for years and years ,occasionally I get a bad or iffy one out the box ,but it’s no big deal ,just put a new one on .A good Elk is still as good as anything ,cheap as chips and proven over the years .
    I used Elks in the days when there was very little choice. Occasionally used blue diamond. Must have been 10 years ago or thereabouts when I got 2 bad Elks in a row. Cracked me up. Moved to Mike Woolridge Supertips and been very happy. Had a try with those Elk Pros but wasn’t impressed. Not really interested in trying all the tips that are available… there’s far too many. If it ain’t broke don’t fix it.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X