Clear All

• DeanH
    replied
    Yep JP does like an Elk
    sorry you did not get on with the MW

Leave a comment:

• Delphi
    replied
    I have a cue tip on there now from the Parris shop, 9mm, probably standard Elkmaster, Tedisbill did a amazing job putting it on Thursday.
    This one feels great now.

Leave a comment:

• Cue crafty
    replied
    Originally Posted by Delphi View Post
    Tried it again last friday, can't almost pot any ball with it, might be me but i just can't play with it, it's coming off again Thursday when i'm in England.
    thats a let down, but thanks anyway Delphi. Better luck with the next choice.

Leave a comment:

• Delphi
    replied
    Originally Posted by Cue crafty View Post

Have you got used to the MW tip now Delphi or swapped back to your Elks? Would be interested to know if you found it a hard tip, and if it was very reactive on spin/screw shots etc.

Thanks.
    Tried it again last friday, can't almost pot any ball with it, might be me but i just can't play with it, it's coming off again Thursday when i'm in England.

Leave a comment:

• Cue crafty
    replied
    Originally Posted by Delphi View Post
    I was using the Russian magic, switched to Tweetens after a few miscues
    Have you got used to the MW tip now Delphi or swapped back to your Elks? Would be interested to know if you found it a hard tip, and if it was very reactive on spin/screw shots etc.

Thanks.

Leave a comment:

• tomwalker147
    replied
    Originally Posted by Shockerz View Post

The Talisman Soft was actually quite hard but as long as you shaped it correctly it didn't de-laminate and the grip was superb. Even though chalk didn't look like it was holding I love it.
    Mine is playing a dream, it looks as though it's not holding chalk but actually is. Also the grip is incredible, i'm quite simply about to play shots that weren't possible with my previous elk. I'm a 'feel' player and this suits me down to the ground.

Leave a comment:

• Shockerz
    replied
    Originally Posted by tomwalker147 View Post
    I had a talisman Soft put on last night, had a couple around the house and my dad re-tipped both our cues.
    First impressions, quite hard for a 'soft' tip but very responsive, nice solid hit. It feels a very reliable tip to use. I had confidence in it straight away making a 50 first frame with it.
    Seems to hold chalk very very well.

I did try this tip 4/5 years ago but may have used a duff one because this seems to play completely different.
    I've used a few makes of tips over the last couple of years just to try with various cues.

The Talisman Soft was actually quite hard but as long as you shaped it correctly it didn't de-laminate and the grip was superb. Even though chalk didn't look like it was holding I love it.
    Legend LT1 - Another great tip, was a little softer and responded very well, probably my favourite of the Legend range.
    Century G1 and G3 - the G3 is also very hard and sounded a little like the Talisman soft but was great on my old cue, the G1 was a little softer which felt better on the shot but played very similar I thought.
    On Cyborg Snooker Tip - Had 2 on now. I love the feel and I'm convinced the cueball threw less on the first one and it was superb, a eureka moment. The second doesn't seem as reactive but I will probably take it down a little.
    Grand Soft - I fit this to most of the cues I sell and they are superb fir the money. They look terrible out of the box, take a little playing in but they feel great.

All of these tips have been good on different cues so I still maintain you need to choose the tip that suits the cue as they react differently, not sure If you tried 10 cues you should have the same tip on each.

Leave a comment:

• TheSnookerForumShop
    replied
    Hi,
    Please email sales@thesnookerforumshop.co.uk with your enquiry including quantity and size for shipping cost

10% off cue tips will also be valid for this order (code is cuetip10 )

Leave a comment:

• DeanH
    replied
    Originally Posted by Steve748 View Post
    I would like to to buy a box of blue diamond, are you able to post to California, and how much is postage, what is the discount code, do I qualify?
    I believe being a member of TSF gives you a 10% discount, how it works on the shop I am not entirely sure

any enquires for the shop
    sales AT thesnookerforumshop.co.uk
    [replace AT appropriately ]

Leave a comment:

• Steve748
    replied
    I would like to to buy a box of blue diamond, are you able to post to California, and how much is postage, what is the discount code, do I qualify?

Leave a comment:

• Delphi
    replied
    I was using the Russian magic, switched to Tweetens after a few miscues

Leave a comment:

• DeanH
    replied
    Oh no
    did you gently sand the dome?

Also in a tournament you may have been slightly tense which can affect your delivery.
    What chalk do you use?

I find Tweeten green and spruce chalk work well with pressed tips and Master chalk better with laminated tips

Leave a comment:

• Delphi
    replied
    Originally Posted by Cue crafty View Post

Got mine too but not fitting for a wee while yet as happy with current status. Will be good to hear how you get on once fitted .:snooker:
    Tried it out over the weekend but can't say i like it very much, maybe i need to get used to it, i'm not sure but i got several bad miscues in yesterdays tournament.
    Might put a elk on there again.

Leave a comment:

• dcrackers147
    replied
    Was a long time user of MW supertips. But as my recent league record high break thread was first time using Elk-pro medium I think i'll stick with them for a while!

Leave a comment:

• Stef1988
    replied
    I’m using the Elk-pro tips (soft) at the minute, great tip, I’ve used Century tips in the past which I also rate highly

Leave a comment:

Working...
X