X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cueboy777
    replied
    Originally Posted by tomwalker147 View Post
    I had a talisman Soft put on last night, had a couple around the house and my dad re-tipped both our cues.
    First impressions, quite hard for a 'soft' tip but very responsive, nice solid hit. It feels a very reliable tip to use. I had confidence in it straight away making a 50 first frame with it.
    Seems to hold chalk very very well.

I did try this tip 4/5 years ago but may have used a duff one because this seems to play completely different.
    Yeah i agree, think mine is meduim, but like the solid feel and is very responsive with small stuns and screw shot...so far i am impressed...only one mis cue to!

Leave a comment:

• Delphi
    replied
    Cool, i'll let you know

Leave a comment:

• Cue crafty
    replied
    Originally Posted by Delphi View Post
    Yes, they arrived today at work, i checked this morning and i was bummed they weren't there but at 11 am they were!
    How did you know?
    But now the person i trust to put the tip on isn't free tonight or tomorrow so i have to find someone else tomorrow, i have a club tournament sunday and want it on by then, and tried out.
    Got mine too but not fitting for a wee while yet as happy with current status. Will be good to hear how you get on once fitted .:snooker:

Leave a comment:

• Delphi
    replied
    Yes, they arrived today at work, i checked this morning and i was bummed they weren't there but at 11 am they were!
    How did you know?
    But now the person i trust to put the tip on isn't free tonight or tomorrow so i have to find someone else tomorrow, i have a club tournament sunday and want it on by then, and tried out.

Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• DeanH
    replied
    Very nice off you Dean but i ordered a pack of 3 from ebay, hope it will arrive soon, then i'll have to bother someone to glue it on and trim it.

If that doesn't work out in time until Febr 13th i will ask Tedisbill when i meet him to put the tip on.
    Did the tips arrive yet?

Leave a comment:

• cueboy777
    replied
    Nobody still playing Talisman then??lol Had few days with it now, quite like it, seems quite soft even though its a medium. Using taom chalk to for first time, seems to need a lot of chalking but like lack of chalk dust on table.

Leave a comment:

• trying
    replied
    Has anyone tried the new Legends tips? Not heard anything abput them?

Leave a comment:

• tomwalker147
    replied
    I had a talisman Soft put on last night, had a couple around the house and my dad re-tipped both our cues.
    First impressions, quite hard for a 'soft' tip but very responsive, nice solid hit. It feels a very reliable tip to use. I had confidence in it straight away making a 50 first frame with it.
    Seems to hold chalk very very well.

I did try this tip 4/5 years ago but may have used a duff one because this seems to play completely different.

Leave a comment:

• vmax
    replied
    TS Long BA for me. I bought a box a few years ago simply to put on the cues I make as they are so cheap, but on playing with one on a cue I made I was so impressed, no playing in needed, I now use them myself. They are not all uniform and seem to grade according to their blue colour, darkest blue hardest and lightest blue softest and there's a blue between dark and light which is between the hard and soft ones.
    This may or may not be deliberate, this may or may not be true of all of them but it's definately my experience so far and I've fitted lots of them to my cues and to friends cues as well and seeing as they work out at about 10p each a box of fifty will give you many of the type you favour and you can always pass on the ones you don't like to those who do like them.

Leave a comment:

• Delphi
    replied
    Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
    cool, hope you like it
    and all goes well with Tedisbill - I hear he does not use the whip too much! :wink:
    Ha!, Nah he's one of the nicest Englishmen i ever met, but granted, i only met a handfull yet
    Just got notice the MW cue tips are sent, so hopefull before the next weekend.

Leave a comment:

• DeanH
    replied
    cool, hope you like it
    and all goes well with Tedisbill - I hear he does not use the whip too much! :wink:

Leave a comment:

• Delphi
    replied

I have one you can try if you wish.
    Yes 10mm, this tip is easy to trim down, I use a tip-"sharpener" (like a large pencil sharpener") initially and then finish with fine sandpaper.
    Very nice off you Dean but i ordered a pack of 3 from ebay, hope it will arrive soon, then i'll have to bother someone to glue it on and trim it.

If that doesn't work out in time until Febr 13th i will ask Tedisbill when i meet him to put the tip on.

Leave a comment:

• DeanH
    replied
    I see they are only available in 10 mm, i need 9, or there would be trimming needed, i guess he'll have 9mm some day, says so on his site.
    I have one you can try if you wish.
    Yes 10mm, this tip is easy to trim down, I use a tip-"sharpener" (like a large pencil sharpener") initially and then finish with fine sandpaper.

Leave a comment:

• Cue crafty
    replied
    after bouncing around a few different tips, I have settled on MW Supertip - which are now back to how they were in the good days
    Just bought some, reviews too good to ignore!! :wink:

Leave a comment:

• Cue crafty
    replied
    Originally Posted by cueboy777 View Post
    No tryed century, how does it play?
    Solid and responsive, if you burnish the side walls they keep their shape very well. I used to like the original Blue Diamond tips and these are the closest I have found to them. Also guaranteed consistency if you buy a box!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X