Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
    cool, hope you like it
    and all goes well with Tedisbill - I hear he does not use the whip too much! :wink:
    Ha!, Nah he's one of the nicest Englishmen i ever met, but granted, i only met a handfull yet
    Just got notice the MW cue tips are sent, so hopefull before the next weekend.

Comment

TS Long BA for me. I bought a box a few years ago simply to put on the cues I make as they are so cheap, but on playing with one on a cue I made I was so impressed, no playing in needed, I now use them myself. They are not all uniform and seem to grade according to their blue colour, darkest blue hardest and lightest blue softest and there's a blue between dark and light which is between the hard and soft ones.
      This may or may not be deliberate, this may or may not be true of all of them but it's definately my experience so far and I've fitted lots of them to my cues and to friends cues as well and seeing as they work out at about 10p each a box of fifty will give you many of the type you favour and you can always pass on the ones you don't like to those who do like them.
      Speak up, you've got to speak up against the madness, you've got speak your mind if you dare
      but don't try to get yourself elected, for if you do you'll have to cut your hair

Comment

I had a talisman Soft put on last night, had a couple around the house and my dad re-tipped both our cues.
        First impressions, quite hard for a 'soft' tip but very responsive, nice solid hit. It feels a very reliable tip to use. I had confidence in it straight away making a 50 first frame with it.
        Seems to hold chalk very very well.

I did try this tip 4/5 years ago but may have used a duff one because this seems to play completely different.
        "just tap it in":snooker:

Comment

Has anyone tried the new Legends tips? Not heard anything abput them?

Comment

Nobody still playing Talisman then??lol Had few days with it now, quite like it, seems quite soft even though its a medium. Using taom chalk to for first time, seems to need a lot of chalking but like lack of chalk dust on table.

Comment

Originally Posted by Delphi View Post
              Very nice off you Dean but i ordered a pack of 3 from ebay, hope it will arrive soon, then i'll have to bother someone to glue it on and trim it.

If that doesn't work out in time until Febr 13th i will ask Tedisbill when i meet him to put the tip on.
              Did the tips arrive yet?
              Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Yes, they arrived today at work, i checked this morning and i was bummed they weren't there but at 11 am they were!
                How did you know?
                But now the person i trust to put the tip on isn't free tonight or tomorrow so i have to find someone else tomorrow, i have a club tournament sunday and want it on by then, and tried out.

Attached Files

Comment

Originally Posted by Delphi View Post
                  Yes, they arrived today at work, i checked this morning and i was bummed they weren't there but at 11 am they were!
                  How did you know?
                  But now the person i trust to put the tip on isn't free tonight or tomorrow so i have to find someone else tomorrow, i have a club tournament sunday and want it on by then, and tried out.
                  Got mine too but not fitting for a wee while yet as happy with current status. Will be good to hear how you get on once fitted .:snooker:
                  ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

Cool, i'll let you know

Comment

Originally Posted by tomwalker147 View Post
                      I had a talisman Soft put on last night, had a couple around the house and my dad re-tipped both our cues.
                      First impressions, quite hard for a 'soft' tip but very responsive, nice solid hit. It feels a very reliable tip to use. I had confidence in it straight away making a 50 first frame with it.
                      Seems to hold chalk very very well.

I did try this tip 4/5 years ago but may have used a duff one because this seems to play completely different.
                      Yeah i agree, think mine is meduim, but like the solid feel and is very responsive with small stuns and screw shot...so far i am impressed...only one mis cue to!

Comment

I’m using the Elk-pro tips (soft) at the minute, great tip, I’ve used Century tips in the past which I also rate highly

Comment

Was a long time user of MW supertips. But as my recent league record high break thread was first time using Elk-pro medium I think i'll stick with them for a while!

Comment

Originally Posted by Cue crafty View Post

Got mine too but not fitting for a wee while yet as happy with current status. Will be good to hear how you get on once fitted .:snooker:
                            Tried it out over the weekend but can't say i like it very much, maybe i need to get used to it, i'm not sure but i got several bad miscues in yesterdays tournament.
                            Might put a elk on there again.

Comment

Oh no
                              did you gently sand the dome?

Also in a tournament you may have been slightly tense which can affect your delivery.
                              What chalk do you use?

I find Tweeten green and spruce chalk work well with pressed tips and Master chalk better with laminated tips
                              Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

I was using the Russian magic, switched to Tweetens after a few miscues

Comment

Working...
                                X