No announcement yet.

Tip of choice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I would like to to buy a box of blue diamond, are you able to post to California, and how much is postage, what is the discount code, do I qualify?

Comment

Originally Posted by Steve748 View Post
      I would like to to buy a box of blue diamond, are you able to post to California, and how much is postage, what is the discount code, do I qualify?
      I believe being a member of TSF gives you a 10% discount, how it works on the shop I am not entirely sure

any enquires for the shop
      sales AT thesnookerforumshop.co.uk
      [replace AT appropriately ]
      Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Hi,
        Please email sales@thesnookerforumshop.co.uk with your enquiry including quantity and size for shipping cost

10% off cue tips will also be valid for this order (code is cuetip10 )

Comment

Originally Posted by tomwalker147 View Post
          I had a talisman Soft put on last night, had a couple around the house and my dad re-tipped both our cues.
          First impressions, quite hard for a 'soft' tip but very responsive, nice solid hit. It feels a very reliable tip to use. I had confidence in it straight away making a 50 first frame with it.
          Seems to hold chalk very very well.

I did try this tip 4/5 years ago but may have used a duff one because this seems to play completely different.
          I've used a few makes of tips over the last couple of years just to try with various cues.

The Talisman Soft was actually quite hard but as long as you shaped it correctly it didn't de-laminate and the grip was superb. Even though chalk didn't look like it was holding I love it.
          Legend LT1 - Another great tip, was a little softer and responded very well, probably my favourite of the Legend range.
          Century G1 and G3 - the G3 is also very hard and sounded a little like the Talisman soft but was great on my old cue, the G1 was a little softer which felt better on the shot but played very similar I thought.
          On Cyborg Snooker Tip - Had 2 on now. I love the feel and I'm convinced the cueball threw less on the first one and it was superb, a eureka moment. The second doesn't seem as reactive but I will probably take it down a little.
          Grand Soft - I fit this to most of the cues I sell and they are superb fir the money. They look terrible out of the box, take a little playing in but they feel great.

All of these tips have been good on different cues so I still maintain you need to choose the tip that suits the cue as they react differently, not sure If you tried 10 cues you should have the same tip on each.
          Snooker Crazy - Cues and Equipment Sales Website
          Snooker Crazy - Facebook Page
          Snooker Crazy - You Tube Channel

Comment

Originally Posted by Shockerz View Post

The Talisman Soft was actually quite hard but as long as you shaped it correctly it didn't de-laminate and the grip was superb. Even though chalk didn't look like it was holding I love it.
            Mine is playing a dream, it looks as though it's not holding chalk but actually is. Also the grip is incredible, i'm quite simply about to play shots that weren't possible with my previous elk. I'm a 'feel' player and this suits me down to the ground.
            "just tap it in":snooker:

Comment

Originally Posted by Delphi View Post
              I was using the Russian magic, switched to Tweetens after a few miscues
              Have you got used to the MW tip now Delphi or swapped back to your Elks? Would be interested to know if you found it a hard tip, and if it was very reactive on spin/screw shots etc.

Thanks.
              ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

Originally Posted by Cue crafty View Post

Have you got used to the MW tip now Delphi or swapped back to your Elks? Would be interested to know if you found it a hard tip, and if it was very reactive on spin/screw shots etc.

Thanks.
                Tried it again last friday, can't almost pot any ball with it, might be me but i just can't play with it, it's coming off again Thursday when i'm in England.

Comment

Originally Posted by Delphi View Post
                  Tried it again last friday, can't almost pot any ball with it, might be me but i just can't play with it, it's coming off again Thursday when i'm in England.
                  thats a let down, but thanks anyway Delphi. Better luck with the next choice.
                  ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

I have a cue tip on there now from the Parris shop, 9mm, probably standard Elkmaster, Tedisbill did a amazing job putting it on Thursday.
                    This one feels great now.

Comment

Yep JP does like an Elk
                      sorry you did not get on with the MW
                      Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
                        Yep JP does like an Elk
                        sorry you did not get on with the MW
                        Could have been a combination of the tips, which seems soft and the russian chalk that provided the oh so many miscues.

Comment

I am still playing the talisman medium alongside Taom chalk. Still on fence maybe, i like the tip, seemed to play in really quickly, quite hard and responsive. Not sure bout the tip/chalk combo, i seem to have to chalk more, and less is being applied. Couple of mis-cues as well. I notice Ronnie is still use old school triangle!

Comment

Originally Posted by cueboy777 View Post
                            I am still playing the talisman medium alongside Taom chalk. Still on fence maybe, i like the tip, seemed to play in really quickly, quite hard and responsive. Not sure bout the tip/chalk combo, i seem to have to chalk more, and less is being applied. Couple of mis-cues as well. I notice Ronnie is still use old school triangle!
                            I use a Talisman soft currently and my mate let me try his chalk, the Taom V2. I played half a dozen frames with it and he asked me what i thought. I genuinely think it's a massive gimmick. I hate the light colour of it, never sure if you've applied enough to the tip and there are no miraculous benefits people claim to be able to 'feel' i.e. more feel when playing shots with spin etc. I'll continue with 'old school triangle' which does what chalk should do.

On the miss cues, I've had one since using the talisman and I'd have 6/7 pints and tried a deep screw shot so think it was the beer not the tip/chalk
                            "just tap it in":snooker:

Comment

Recently ordered 3 Talisman Medium 11mm tips from the John Parrott website. Shipment was cheap for Canada so went with them.
                              it left back in mid Feb from the UK and I just received the package this week!

Anyway - I have never seen Talisman (the old style, not trinity) come in a dark version. The ones I have used in the past have all been light cream color and made out of pig skin.
                              Not sure if these are the same. The color is sort of dark blueish and the bottom has a "Talisman M" in gold imprinted.
                              I do see some online with a similar look.

Are they the same but different color? Going to try one out this week.

Cheers

Comment

ADR pressed or Grand soft for me.

Comment

Working...
                                X