Tip feeling

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tip feeling

Hi all, I have been messing around with a few different tips and ended up using a century G3 (as I found the G2 to soft) but I feel that even this tip may be a touch on the soft side, does anyone use a G4 ? , and is there much difference between the G3 and G4?, I have a tin of Talisman Trinity mixed tips but am not sure about laminated tips, I think I definitely want a firmer tip but not sure which, so any advice would be great.

Cheers Carpy

Having fitted loads of G3 G4 and G5 in all honesty the ones that have been hardest have been the G3 tips, pressed tips I don't think are ever gonna have the consistency that a layered tip will have. The best tips if wanting a hard tip are the ADR mjw, I've tried pretty much every tip on the market and fitted most for others including John Higgins and Graeme Dott and those are the best I have come across easily

Comment

Originally Posted by frazz View Post
      Having fitted loads of G3 G4 and G5 in all honesty the ones that have been hardest have been the G3 tips, pressed tips I don't think are ever gonna have the consistency that a layered tip will have. The best tips if wanting a hard tip are the ADR mjw, I've tried pretty much every tip on the market and fitted most for others including John Higgins and Graeme Dott and those are the best I have come across easily
      Are you using a Ton Praram cue now Frazz and if yes how is it? Cheers. :snooker:
      ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

Originally Posted by Carpy2009 View Post
        Hi all, I have been messing around with a few different tips and ended up using a century G3 (as I found the G2 to soft) but I feel that even this tip may be a touch on the soft side, does anyone use a G4 ? , and is there much difference between the G3 and G4?, I have a tin of Talisman Trinity mixed tips but am not sure about laminated tips, I think I definitely want a firmer tip but not sure which, so any advice would be great.

Cheers Carpy
        I'm currently playing with a G4 and love it. It has the same feeling as my old Talisman Trinity Soft. I love them both. If you like a firmer tip I'd most definitely recommend them 2.
        Maximus Legend Plus : Ebony butt with Ovangkol front wedge and thick maple veneer : Premium ash shaft : Tip 9.45 mm Talisman Trinity Soft, length 58″, weight 18.4 oz, butt diameter 29.4 mm, balance 18″

Comment

Originally Posted by sk1nnym0nkey View Post

I'm currently playing with a G4 and love it. It has the same feeling as my old Talisman Trinity Soft. I love them both. If you like a firmer tip I'd most definitely recommend them 2.
          I still have the tin of mixed Talisman tips I won on your your youtube site, would you recommend the soft or the medium??.
          cheers Carpy

Comment

I still have the tin of mixed Talisman tips I won on your your youtube site, would you recommend the soft or the medium??.
            cheers Carpy
            Try the Soft first as the Medium is quite hard. Worth a go. I've recommended them to many and when they've tried them they've loved them. They're not like the original Talisman tip which was like granite haha
            Maximus Legend Plus : Ebony butt with Ovangkol front wedge and thick maple veneer : Premium ash shaft : Tip 9.45 mm Talisman Trinity Soft, length 58″, weight 18.4 oz, butt diameter 29.4 mm, balance 18″

Comment

Originally Posted by Cue crafty View Post

Are you using a Ton Praram cue now Frazz and if yes how is it? Cheers. :snooker:
              Sorry just seen this, not yet, I have ordered 2 praram limiteds with pro shaft through stu green to praram but am waiting on them being made, I am using a GBL vanquish just now. Since I ordered mine 2 more mates have bought praram cues, 1 a black bone with pro shaft and 1 a praram limited just yesterday from stu green and I retipped another guy in Glasgows praram beyond that was a real nice cue too

Comment

Originally Posted by frazz View Post

Sorry just seen this, not yet, I have ordered 2 praram limiteds with pro shaft through stu green to praram but am waiting on them being made, I am using a GBL vanquish just now. Since I ordered mine 2 more mates have bought praram cues, 1 a black bone with pro shaft and 1 a praram limited just yesterday from stu green and I retipped another guy in Glasgows praram beyond that was a real nice cue too
                Thanks Frazz, I hear nothing but praise generally for these cues, Mr Maguire seems to be playing well with his one! Good luck on getting the cue you need to take you forward!
                ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

Cheers mate....fingers crossed

Comment

Try the Soft first as the Medium is quite hard. Worth a go. I've recommended them to many and when they've tried them they've loved them. They're not like the original Talisman tip which was like granite haha
                    Put the Talisman soft on yesterday and played 11 frames with it last night, lovely tip, but it still feels a bit soft, I found it quite similar to the G3 in the way it felt to me, with my limited experience, I will keep on with it for a while, but think the Talisman medium will be my next tip to try.

Comment

Put the Talisman soft on yesterday and played 11 frames with it last night, lovely tip, but it still feels a bit soft, I found it quite similar to the G3 in the way it felt to me, with my limited experience, I will keep on with it for a while, but think the Talisman medium will be my next tip to try.
                      Let me know how you get on. I have more Mediums here if you find you like it and want more

Comment

Let me know how you get on. I have more Mediums here if you find you like it and want more
                        Fitted the Talisman medium on Sunday, played a few frames with it Sunday afternoon, and played my league match last night with it, i think i have found the tip for me lol, for me it feels great, good solid hit, nice and responsive, only downside is occasionally when i strike the cb i get a really hollow sound, this i pressume is just me not striking the ball quite right. So Talisman Trinity medium it is for the foreseable future, (or until i get the urge to tinker again lol).

Comment

Fitted the Talisman medium on Sunday, played a few frames with it Sunday afternoon, and played my league match last night with it, i think i have found the tip for me lol, for me it feels great, good solid hit, nice and responsive, only downside is occasionally when i strike the cb i get a really hollow sound, this i pressume is just me not striking the ball quite right. So Talisman Trinity medium it is for the foreseable future, (or until i get the urge to tinker again lol).
                          Nice one. I'm a fan of layered tips as once you've shaped them you don't need to mess with them. Still on my G4 but have to do the occasional re shaping and sharpening as it starts to compress.

Comment

Just need to get some spare tips, are the talisman pro tips the same as the trinity tips ???,

Comment

Carpy I think the sound greatly differs based on what cue you have, my Dad and I both fitted a Talisman soft and they sound completely different. I get a nice solid 'thud' but he gets a kind of high pitched sound i can't quite describe. In either case seems great once you get used to it.

My soft talisman after maybe 20 frames of playing with it is very responsive to spin, offers a good solid & consistent hit and good control on long drag shots. I really like it. I said on another post I made 60 odd first frame with it and i've already had a couple of 80 plus breaks with it and several 50 plus in only 20 or so frames so i'll be sticking to it.
                              Agree with the other comment about shaping the tip although i was incredibly careful when doing so to make sure the layers didn't come apart.
                              "just tap it in":snooker:

Comment

Working...
                              X