Snookerspex

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Snookerspex

Hi all, has anyone had any exprience with either the Hustler half rim glasses or the Premium half rim glasses from snookerspex ??. I need glasses all the time, but really need them for playing snooker as the balls at the far end of the table are blurred, and was wondering what the difference is between the 2 pairs, and whether the extra ?20 was worth it , i know it is not a lot of money for either pair, but it is all relative and ?100 is a fortune to me (over 60% of weekly income) lol.

Already a thread about that, and yes i have Snookerspex glasses

https://www.thesnookerforum.co.uk/bo...ker#post993554

Comment

Delphi. Carpy is asking something quite specific here. Not covered in original thread.
      Carpy. I think the difference is just cosmetic. Why don’t you e-mail snookerspex and ask. The type of lense is the important thing. If they’re both the same then go for the cheaper ones.

Comment

Thanks Nifty i will do that today, to be fair i never even thought about sending them an E:mail lol.

Comment

Had an answer to my question from Snookespex, he said that he prefers the cheaper ones, so will bite the bullet and order some.

Comment

Today will be the first game i play wearing my new snooker specs, hope they make a difference, on the upside, at least i will be able to see the balls that i am missing lol. I have tried them on around the house, and my vision through them is crystal clear. Hopefully they help me improve my game, the glasses themselves are nice and light and i have good vision through them when i bend forward, unlike my normal glasses where i would be looking over the top of them to see the balls. We will see how it goeslol.

Comment

Well something worked, it is a single frame league, and i won 94 - 23

Comment

Hey Carpy
                How are you finding the glasses after all this time (assuming you've been able to play much).
                i'm changing mine as they don't sit high enough so i'm still looking through the top too much.
                what is your prescription, if you don't mind me asking?
                i'm -3.0.
                anyone else with experience to share?
                cheers
                Wayne

Comment

Wayne, I’ve got snookerspex. Had them for a few years now. I got mine made extra deep. Think they are 57mm. Any less and like you say I’m looking through the top. Also you need to get them fitted properly so that they sit on the bridge of your nose correctly and don’t slip down when your playing.

Comment

Wayne, i have used them quite a lot before this darn virus started, they are fantastic for me, no more looking over the top of my glasses and the vision is perfect, i cannot say enough good things about them, my presciption is only +1.5. I bought the cheapest ones i could find (Hustler half rim), one of the best investments i have ever made, so if you need some new glasses, you can buy these with confidence, great glasses and great service from a great bloke, you wont regret it.

Now they just need to make a cue case that my glasses will fit in, so i dont forget to take the with me lol.
                    Last edited by Carpy2009; 10 September 2020, 10:28 AM.

Comment

Cheers guys. Managed a quick email chat with Chris and ordered the Checkside ones.
                      Carpy, my cue case answers that particular problem quite nicely
                      Cheers
                      Attached Files

Comment

https://youtu.be/Xgd1gKGf4J8
                        Barry Stark talking about SnookerSpex and getting the line of sight right.

Comment

Steve Barton did one last week.
                          Snooker is a game of simple shots played to perfection, Joe Davies

Comment

Originally Posted by John Flaf View Post
                            Steve Barton did one last week.
                            Yeah saw Steve’s video. There’s a lot of good information provided in the 2 videos. For me it demonstrates how important it is to buy the right specs and get them fitted properly so that they fit correctly on your face. Buying a pair of specs off e-bay is not an option IMO although might be ok for some folk.
                            Who would have thought that there was something called pupillary distance which needs to be considered? Steve mentions it in his video.
                            In Barry’s video he explains that for some folk the lenses may need to be extra deep. This was the case with me. I found with cheap e-bay specs I was looking over the top of the lense. Chris at SnookerSpex made my lenses extra deep, 57mm I think, and they’re fine. I chose the Blue Baron style cos I thought they looked the nicest.
                            Worth noting that Steve says glasses will never be as good as contact lenses so if you can get used to them that’s the way to go. For me I could never get used to putting them in. Too fiddly!

Comment

From what I gather from Steve's video is that you have to send your prescription to Chris at Snookerspex, prob I have is I dont have one, I buy cheapies about 1.5 strength from pound shop, just use them for close up reading Nifty
                              Snooker is a game of simple shots played to perfection, Joe Davies

Comment

Working...
                              X