Century titanium ferrule

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by vmax View Post
    It's all simply marketing blurb, there's no such thing as zero deflection when the cue ball is contacted by the tip off centre. Titanium is a light metal and is used for many automotive parts to lose weight, but a ferrule is such a small item the weight saved is practically non existent as brass is a light alloy in itself. I switched from brass to buffalo horn which is a lighter than titanium, no difference, then from buffalo horn to stainless steel and going by this marketing blurb one would expect even more deflection, but the truth is it made no difference at all. My experience tells me that deflection is all about the shaft.

I watched a video on youtube and some bloke was showing how the new Predator pool cue had zero deflection, he addressed the cue ball parallel with the normal cue and yes the cue ball deflected off the line of aim, then when using the Predator he addressed the cue ball by pivoting the cue in his bridge and the cue ball deflected onto the line of aim so it looked like it didn't deflect. I pointed this out on the comments section and my comment was removed, I wonder why

We saw John Higgins extolling the virtues of his new titanium ferrule after playing well with one, then next tournament he was back to normal, then yet another cue for the next one. Using one thing to take your mind off everything else works for a time but before long it's back to the beginning. You can't buy a decent game, there is no quick fix, you get out of this game what you put into it.
    Steve - so you haven't actually tried one then? Lolz I tend to agree with your thoughts though.
    ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

Originally Posted by vmax View Post
      It's all simply marketing blurb, there's no such thing as zero deflection when the cue ball is contacted by the tip off centre. Titanium is a light metal and is used for many automotive parts to lose weight, but a ferrule is such a small item the weight saved is practically non existent as brass is a light alloy in itself. I switched from brass to buffalo horn which is a lighter than titanium, no difference, then from buffalo horn to stainless steel and going by this marketing blurb one would expect even more deflection, but the truth is it made no difference at all. My experience tells me that deflection is all about the shaft.

I watched a video on youtube and some bloke was showing how the new Predator pool cue had zero deflection, he addressed the cue ball parallel with the normal cue and yes the cue ball deflected off the line of aim, then when using the Predator he addressed the cue ball by pivoting the cue in his bridge and the cue ball deflected onto the line of aim so it looked like it didn't deflect. I pointed this out on the comments section and my comment was removed, I wonder why

We saw John Higgins extolling the virtues of his new titanium ferrule after playing well with one, then next tournament he was back to normal, then yet another cue for the next one. Using one thing to take your mind off everything else works for a time but before long it's back to the beginning. You can't buy a decent game, there is no quick fix, you get out of this game what you put into it.
      Think I've seen the same video Vmax and I agree , I thought he cued the shots differently.
      This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
      https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

Originally Posted by itsnoteasy View Post

Think I've seen the same video Vmax and I agree , I thought he cued the shots differently.
        Yep, I haven't tried dozens of different cues, but enough to know the difference in flex and how that affects the throw. It's all in the shaft, but you never really know if something is complete BS until its tried and tested, but I'm happy to leave that part to others and just read about it.
        ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

Working...
        X