Elk master pro&Century tip

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Elk master pro&Century tip

Hi all,I got a new cue recently but I couldn’t find a tip that I feel comfortable.
    My friend recommended me elk pro m and century g3.Has anyone tried these before and how’s it play?Thank you.

Each of them costs more than a fiver. You can get great tips for much less.
    Last edited by fkhan; 27 May 2020, 09:35 PM.

Comment

Any recommendation? I used to play with triangle but it seems like doesn’t work on my new cue.
      Thanks you

Comment

you could try the blue Master Chalk (still made by Tweeten as is Triangle chalk) which is often liked for hard tip and laminate tips, but some don't like the mess it can make of the cue ball and the table and the cue.
        or if you can find some, Triangle "Spruce" (as opposed to the usual Green and the Blue colours)

I have been using Triangle Spruce for many years - love 'em! - there was a seller on UK ebay recently, and I got a box
        I will have a look to see if still available

here is a seller who will do just 3 lumps
        https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Genuine-T...uBRjqVca_vRWXQ
        Last edited by DeanH; 26 May 2020, 03:25 PM.
        Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Thanks mate.I’m using taom chalk and I’m quite satisfied with it.
          I mean I was using triangle tip but I don’t get the grip and feeling that I used to.Maybe it just don’t match up with my cue.
          btw thanks for the reply.

Comment

oh sorry, I misread
            Tip - I am using a MW Supertip, after years of staying away from them because of "bad batch" they now seem to be back to where they were

Comment

Thank you.I will give it a try.What about the hardness of the tip?

Comment

I would say they are "Medium" - they don't come in a scale :shrug:
                BUT, they are great to fit, they keep form, they take chalk easily but keep it on well upon striking
                they hit the ball with a confident strike and a nice sound and a good level of grip
                I went through lots of tips back in the day and this tip has everything I am looking for

but as you know, everything to do with snooker is down to personal preference

Comment

That sounds good.Found out that my new cue is a lot stiffer than the old one and I can’t play with a hard tip.It just don’t get any feeling.
                  Thank you for the recommendation.

Comment

A friend has a stiff maple cue and I fitted one of the MW Supertip's I have from the same pack and he likes it

Comment

BD+, Grand, ADR pressed, MW Supertips as mentioned by Dean are all good. There are many more brands out there. It's just that we are spoiled now with so much choice.

Comment

Is the mw supertip has different grade of hardness?If so,which grade are you prefer?

Comment

Originally Posted by hot123456 View Post
                          Is the mw supertip has different grade of hardness?If so,which grade are you prefer?
                          They don't come in different hardness, MW classes them as Medium., I think they are good enough to not have to come in different hardnesses
                          https://handmadecues.com/cue-tips/

Snooker if difficult enough without having to think "oh do I have the g3.567 or G4-978 tip on?" :biggrin::wink:

Comment

Already put it on the cue.Maybe try it later.Thanks mate

Comment

you already got a MW Supertip?
                              You have access to a table?

Comment

Working...
                              X