Cue advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cue advice

I've just started playing pool again after a ten year break. I'm looking for a forever cue to last me the rest of my days. I'm looking at getting a cue from Vr Cues Thailand as I've heard good things about them and they are very reasonably priced compared to maximus etc.

However as I've had such a long break I'm not really sure what spec cue I will play best with, and I don't want to spend 300 quid on a cue that might not be right for me. So I'm looking to buy an intermediate cue for 100-150 mark to play with a bit, before deciding on the specs to buy the VR cue.

I'm looking for recommendations for a cue about 100-150 which I can buy from a UK shop or website, which gives good bang for its buck and will be decent enough for me to get a feel of what I want to play with going forward. I've heard that a lot of stuff around this mark can be way overpriced and don't want to end up with a rubbish cue. Thanks for any help.

Master Cue are decent if you can get hold of one within your budget. I had one from Greenbaize.com a few years back for around ?150. Their prices have probably gone up a bit, but you might find one if you shop around. Greenbaize.com now stocks Baize Master cues, which I know less about, but that website doesn't stock junk cues, so they are probably good cues for your budget. There is a member on here called ADR147 who is also on ebay. He does his own brand cues which are well regarded, and also has hundreds of other cues, many of which aren't listed on ebay. You can try messaging him on here, but I don't know how often he logs on nowadays, so through facebook or ebay might be a better idea

Comment

Jm1973 - welcome to TSF
      I second all that Mark has said above, please note though you can not PM until you have over 10 posts
      Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

I make cues myself and have a few for sale, check out the My Workshop in the 'cues' section for examples of my work. I pulled all my cues off ebay because of the pandemic rather than continue to pay insertion fees when no one was buying because no one was playing, got about eight cues available, a couple of which would be ideal for UK 8 ball. I'm not expensive but I'm not cheap either, every cue is priced honestly according to material used and amount of labour.

I think Stu at Greenbaize must be paying a retainer to everyone on this forum, no one else seems to get a look in
        Speak up, you've got to speak up against the madness, you've got speak your mind if you dare
        but don't try to get yourself elected, for if you do you'll have to cut your hair

Comment

Originally Posted by Jm1973 View Post
          I've just started playing pool again after a ten year break. I'm looking for a forever cue to last me the rest of my days. I'm looking at getting a cue from Vr Cues Thailand as I've heard good things about them and they are very reasonably priced compared to maximus etc.

However as I've had such a long break I'm not really sure what spec cue I will play best with, and I don't want to spend 300 quid on a cue that might not be right for me. So I'm looking to buy an intermediate cue for 100-150 mark to play with a bit, before deciding on the specs to buy the VR cue.

I'm looking for recommendations for a cue about 100-150 which I can buy from a UK shop or website, which gives good bang for its buck and will be decent enough for me to get a feel of what I want to play with going forward. I've heard that a lot of stuff around this mark can be way overpriced and don't want to end up with a rubbish cue. Thanks for any help.
          I’ve made many pool cues, and still have a few ready for the table..
          Plenty to look at here:
          https://www.thesnookerforum.co.uk/bo.../46964-j6-cues

Comment

Working...
          X