Fair price for this MW cue?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fair price for this MW cue?

A friend is selling me this MW cue and he’s asking for about £240 for it, is it a fair price? Album of pics: https://imgur.com/a/EgwOOjc

Many thanks in advance

Can't believe you're actually asking this, throw him the money as quick as possible and buy him a few pints!!! That's worth £500 all day long and probably a fair bit more.
    ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

I’m asking because I read somewhere that MW’s old butterfly spliced cues are worth £250 brand new and this one is fairly old and used..

Comment

Looks like the butterfly spliced version of his cues?

Comment

Ok, try and find another.... If you like it and it plays ok for you, then it's a top cue that you will struggle to better. If it's doesn't play well for you that's a different matter as there are a lot of options out there. Many people would love to be able to try a cue like that before buying but don't have that option, so hopefully if you have played a few shots at least with it and like it, then in my view it's a great buy.

Team TSF , what say you??
          ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

Originally Posted by Cue crafty View Post
            Ok, try and find another.... If you like it and it plays ok for you, then it's a top cue that you will struggle to better. If it's doesn't play well for you that's a different matter as there are a lot of options out there. Many people would love to be able to try a cue like that before buying but don't have that option, so hopefully if you have played a few shots at least with it and like it, then in my view it's a great buy.

Team TSF , what say you??
            I definitely do like playing with it however it’s only 56inch and it has a proprietary extension which I’ll need to purchase on my own from MW but only if I manage to negotiate a better price so that I can afford getting the extension.

Comment

Originally Posted by ylrd View Post

I definitely do like playing with it however it’s only 56inch and it has a proprietary extension which I’ll need to purchase on my own from MW but only if I manage to negotiate a better price so that I can afford getting the extension.
              Seems like a fair price if you can play fine with a slightly shorter cue. I'd get the cue and get the extension later if you can't afford it, rather than talk yourself out of a good deal. If there was a MW cue at that price and my specs i'd grab it before it's sold to someone else. Pressuming this is one of his shark cues, they were going for £250 second hand 5 or 6 years ago, so probably pushing £300 now easily.
              Last edited by Mark187187; 11 September 2021, 09:33 AM.

Comment

Working...
              X