Best cue for £100

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best cue for £100

What's the best cue you can buy for £100. I've had my barracuda Kirkham cue for well over 30yrs now and it's showing it age and has a lot of sentimental value to me so I'm looking for a half decent cue as a stand in. I've started up playing again, only once a week so not looking for something stupid expensive.

Cheers

Might be worth looking at 2nd hand or give ADR147 (a member on here) a shout. He might have something which suits.

Comment

These are decent for the money, a friend of mine bought one recently like this and I re-tipped it for him so got a chance to give it a good look over, they are nicely weighted with a smooth finish on the shaft and a decent air lock joint. Worth a look.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/265139409...UAAOSwAu1giADE
      ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

Originally Posted by Nifty50 View Post
        Might be worth looking at 2nd hand or give ADR147 (a member on here) a shout. He might have something which suits.
        I would have something but why would you not continue to use the same cue?
        https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

Originally Posted by ADR147 View Post

I would have something but why would you not continue to use the same cue?
          It's just over 31yrs old now and was given to me as a gift when I was barely a teenager from my late granddad. He was the one that got me into snooker and kept me on the straight and narrow so the thought or maybe damaging it puts me off using it. Might seem a bit silly to some but that's just my choice on it lol. It even came with the old floppy leather case which it's still in. I'll be looking to upgrade to a proper hard sided case for future use.

Comment

Originally Posted by Big Eck View Post

It's just over 31yrs old now and was given to me as a gift when I was barely a teenager from my late granddad. He was the one that got me into snooker and kept me on the straight and narrow so the thought or maybe damaging it puts me off using it. Might seem a bit silly to some but that's just my choice on it lol. It even came with the old floppy leather case which it's still in. I'll be looking to upgrade to a proper hard sided case for future use.
            I have countless cues but the cues I use day in day out is 150 years old. If you look after them they will look after you.

Comment

Similar story Eck. I’ve still got the cue I bought in 1983. Centre jointed Powerglide Purist. Sentimental value. About 10 years ago some hairline cracks started to appear in the timber around the joint. I bought a new cue to save further damage. Good luck with your search for a new cue. It’s not an easy task to find a replacement for something you’ve loved. Ask Stephen Hendry lol.
              Last edited by Nifty50; 12 September 2021, 08:09 AM.

Comment

What's the best cue you can buy for £100. I've had my barracuda Kirkham cue for well over 30yrs now and it's showing it age and has a lot of sentimental value to me so I'm looking for a half decent cue as a stand in. I've started up playing again, only once a week so not looking for something stupid expensive.

Cheers

What specs are you looking for?

Comment

I have countless cues but the cues I use day in day out is 150 years old. If you look after them they will look after you.
                  Out of interest what cue is it that you use ADR ?

Comment

Originally Posted by Starsky View Post

Out of interest what cue is it that you use ADR ?
                    I have lots but generally I use a tom Newman and a cannon match.

Comment

I have lots but generally I use a tom Newman and a cannon match.
                      Nice cues …

Comment

Hey Guys,

Which brand better quality? BCE Heritage or Dufferin Nr. 1 Medusa?
                        Order from UK not option (thx brexit)

Comment

Working...
                        X