No announcement yet.

Another cue refinishing thread about linseed oils and grain fillers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here is my refinished Maximus using the products above, and I’m really happy with how it has come out. The arrows in the shaft have been filled and darkened, and the Q gel has made the shaft and butt end really smooth and shiny. All in all very easy and excellent products to use.

Last edited by andycam; 22 February 2022, 12:26 PM.

Comment

Originally Posted by andycam View Post
      Here is my refinished Maximus using the products above, and I’m really happy with how it has come out. The arrows in the shaft have been filled and darkened, and the Q gel has made the shaft and butt end really smooth and shiny. All in all very easy and excellent products to use.
      sorry Andy, no images showing.
      How are you doing the images?

Here are some instructions that may help

How to add images to your TSF posts
      You can use a free image-sharing site such as ImgBB, without registering (you can register for free), to upload your images, you may have to do the “not a robot” checks quickly. There are other image sharing sites as well.
      ImgBB.com
      Click on "Start Uploading"
      Browse to the file and select it, click Open
      Auto delete image - leave as "Don't autodelete".
      Click "Upload".
      Change "Embed Codes" to "BBCode full linked".
      Hover over the code in the box, a "COPY" will appear, click this.
      Go to your TSF post and paste.
      You can repeat for multiple images in a single post.
      Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Thanks for helping me with that Dean👍👍

Comment

cool
          how did you find using those two products?
          Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Yeah really easy to be honest, i was really nervous about ruining my cue, but it was a really enjoyable process. I would definitely recommend these two products. He has another product called Q -Lac which is designed specifically for the butt end of the cue I believe.

Comment

Nice looking cue , I’ve got exactly the same one
              I’ve just done a couple of coats of the Q Gel recently. How many coats have you done to get that finish ?

Comment

I put one coat on, left it on for 15 minutes and lightly buffed it afterwards. Then left it overnight and went over it with 0000 wire wool in the morning. It now feels super smooth.

Comment

Originally Posted by andycam View Post
                  I put one coat on, left it on for 15 minutes and lightly buffed it afterwards. Then left it overnight and went over it with 0000 wire wool in the morning. It now feels super smooth.
                  Thanks.
                  I've ordered some of the Q Age as well so that should get a similar finish. I’m really looking to darken the shaft a bit as I’m used to a darker finish than the Maximus cues.

Comment

I did try to open the grain on the shaft by running a nylon brush over it gently in the grain direction. I think doing this first helps the grain accept the Q age a bit easier. But it does make a differece to the chevrons in particular.

Comment

Working...
                    X