Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Brass vs.ti.Posting every Q in a different to finish 10 posts quota for authorization

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brass vs.ti.Posting every Q in a different to finish 10 posts quota for authorization

For my new Ton Praram beyond pro I am conflicted between titanium and brass ferrule. For a new cue I have to adjust for the throw anyways and titanium is better for ferrule damage while tip change. But the problem is adjusting to the aesthetics of it. I may be wrong about the adjustment to the throw as I have never tried a titanium ferrule. This my first custom cue so, I am getting a little paranoid for the changes I am making to the cue than I am accustomed to.

Any suggestions?
    Guts over Glory

I think you will have enough adjusting to a new cue anyway that the teeny weenie little thing on the end wont be noticed.
    I say forget about it, enjoy your new cue and play and have fun with it

By the way, why are you so desperate to get to 10post and more?
    Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
      I think you will have enough adjusting to a new cue anyway that the teeny weenie little thing on the end wont be noticed.
      I say forget about it, enjoy your new cue and play and have fun with it

By the way, why are you so desperate to get to 10post and more?
      My desperation is due to my OCD. Not having authorization is somehow annoying me.
      Waiting for my cue I am passing my time by browsing different stuff. And I need a lot of browsing to do as the cue may arrive after 3 months.
      Just hoping it turns out to be a nice one.
      Guts over Glory

Comment

Originally Posted by throwawayttyl102 View Post

My desperation is due to my OCD. Not having authorization is somehow annoying me.
        Waiting for my cue I am passing my time by browsing different stuff. And I need a lot of browsing to do as the cue may arrive after 3 months.
        Just hoping it turns out to be a nice one.
        oh ok, gotcha

I am sure the cue will be great and hopefully your prefect playing buddy
        Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Originally Posted by DeanH View Post

oh ok, gotcha

I am sure the cue will be great and hopefully your prefect playing buddy
          Thank you .
          Guts over Glory

Comment

I’m having a new cue made after 20 years ,it’s not ready yet but I’ve gone for a titanium ferule ,measurements and Weight are all going to be the same as the original one . My thoughts are just the same as mentioned ,the cues going to be new and different anyway ,so I doubt the ferule will be of an issue ,it’s mainly for durability . From what I have heard Its more players that have a different material ferule fitted to an existing long time cue that probably don’t get on with it .I have no concerns about a thin bit of metal on the end

Comment

Originally Posted by mikee View Post
              I’m having a new cue made after 20 years ,it’s not ready yet but I’ve gone for a titanium ferule ,measurements and Weight are all going to be the same as the original one . My thoughts are just the same as mentioned ,the cues going to be new and different anyway ,so I doubt the ferule will be of an issue ,it’s mainly for durability . From what I have heard Its more players that have a different material ferule fitted to an existing long time cue that probably don’t get on with it .I have no concerns about a thin bit of metal on the end
              Same thought Mate!
              Guts over Glory

Comment

I got one fitted, for durability and because it stays shiny lol, that may not matter to many but I hate a dull ferrule. As for the claim of less throw when playing side, I have found no difference, not even a smidgen, yet I have spoken to a few pros who all say it has made a difference, of course they will all cue better than me but for an average club player I wouldn't advise on getting one if you think it will help with slight off centre cueing or playing with side.
                At the end of the day I'm glad I got it done and being happy with your cue is an important part of playing well with it, they do look good but that's about it in my opinion.
                This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
                https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

The guys in Thailand have been busy in the last week ,they have got the new cue done already ,just the ferule to go on ,can’t belive it was that quick ,Dave sent me these pics .He did say the Ash is a bit more dense and the balence point may not be quite the same ,but apart from that it’s 18.70 weight with 9.8 ferule .Should be shipping a few days all being well

Comment

Looks like a corker Mikee, love the splicing.
                    It would be nice to get an update on how it plays once it arrives.

Comment

Very nice, looks like pale moon?
                      ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

Thanks I enjoyed picking out the woods ,I like the subtle purple to just break up the contrast between the fox wood and ebony .I’m hoping it plays nice ,20 years with the same cue ,I’m ready for a change

Comment

Yes but no wonder you've stuck with that Dave Coutts cue so long it's magnificent. A new cue can be a lot of fun, but after completing my search I'm not looking at any others again till it breaks or gets nicked etc.

I wasn't sure whether it was pale moon or fox wood it was a toss up for me with my limited knowledge.
                          ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

Originally Posted by Cue crafty View Post
                            Yes but no wonder you've stuck with that Dave Coutts cue so long it's magnificent. A new cue can be a lot of fun, but after completing my search I'm not looking at any others again till it breaks or gets nicked etc.

I wasn't sure whether it was pale moon or fox wood it was a toss up for me with my limited knowledge.
                            Same here mate I know bugger all about cues really ,I just like the wood How long have you had your current cue .

Comment

Originally Posted by mikee View Post

Same here mate I know bugger all about cues really ,I just like the wood How long have you had your current cue .
                              Just over a year now Mikee, I'd never messed around with cues and definitely not a cue collector type, but felt I was searching for a feel in a cue that I wasn't finding until I got this one, it was a learning curve of too stiff too long too springy etc, but first time I used it I never went back to my other cue (a Maximus immortal ) even just to compare etc, the Maxi was a good cue but the spec was a bit heavy 18.7 and at 9.8mm it was poker stiff, I played decent in the balls with it but long game was crap.

This one now is a Tom Classic Thailand cue 57" 18.3g 9.5mm with a BP around 18 inches, bought as new on evil bay for £103!! (They are circa £250 new)
                              ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

Working...
                              X