Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Brass vs.ti.Posting every Q in a different to finish 10 posts quota for authorization

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

That’s a nice cue too

Comment

Snake wood I suppose. The shaft is great too. Got it for a steal.

Comment

Originally Posted by fkhan View Post
          Snake wood I suppose. The shaft is great too. Got it for a steal.
          Yes, correct,snake wood. Basically yes I got lucky, the specs were exactly what I thought I needed and I bought from a seller who was a decent player who had decided to buy 3 cues slight variations in spec and make his mind up which one suited him best (not a bad idea if you can't try b4 you buy) so it was practically new.
          ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

That’s a good price for a cue like that ,interesting about the stiffness ,hope my new ones not too pokey

Comment

Originally Posted by mikee View Post

The guys in Thailand have been busy in the last week ,they have got the new cue done already ,just the ferule to go on ,can’t belive it was that quick ,Dave sent me these pics .He did say the Ash is a bit more dense and the balence point may not be quite the same ,but apart from that it’s 18.70 weight with 9.8 ferule .Should be shipping a few days all being well
              She's a beauty. Hope she plays as good as she looks.
              Guts over Glory

Comment

Originally Posted by mikee View Post
                That’s a good price for a cue like that ,interesting about the stiffness ,hope my new ones not too pokey
                Looking at the chevrons on yours I doubt it will be too stiff, good distance between them.
                ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

Originally Posted by Cue crafty View Post

Looking at the chevrons on yours I doubt it will be too stiff, good distance between them.
                  I never thought about that ,well spotted

Comment

Well I’ve got my cue now and tried it out for half an hour ,plays very well and I’m going to like it I can tell that after just a short time .it’s quite a bit stiffer than my original ,but it feels good .Now the ferule is titanium so it’s hard to say if that has a real bearing on how the ball reacts or if it’s the stiffer shaft ,what I can say is so far longer Potts seem easier ,playing with side is weird at the moment ,stick a little on and nothing much happens ,put a bit more on it and the ball really pings and reacts ,the cue really is active on screw shots ,less effort needed by a long way which will be a bit tricky to get used to I suppose ,but I think we’ll get on well My old cue is down at Dave’s as the it has developed a dead sound and the ferule is worn badly ,another good reason to go titanium if nothing else .

Comment

mikee Cool that you like your new cue. I hope you adapt to it soon.
                      Guts over Glory

Comment

Thinking of getting a titanium ferrule installed on my Maximus Premium, mainly for for the harder material. I always struggle to maintain a flat top of the ferrule when i cut off the old tip. Does the material of the ferrule affect the cue thet much? Thanks

Comment

No it does not affect the cue much ,regardless of what people say , it’s just too small and light to alter anything major . I have Titanium on my new cue , getting used to a much stiffer shaft and different tip is harder to adjust too . From my own experience swerving the cue ball throws the shot a little different ,and maybe playing with side in and around the balls ,just maybe might be slightly different ,nothing you don’t automatically adjust to anyway .Titanium looks good , stays shiny, won’t wear down much , keeps it’s shape ,and for those reasons it’s worth fitting if you need a new ferule

Comment

I went for the titanium ferrule, collected it today from Martin Chesworth in Sheffield. Had a knock with it earlier and it does take some getting used to, but in my limited experience with it you can aim at the object ball as you normally would and then hit the extreme edge of the white with no deviation of the cue ball. So far so good👍🏼
                            Attached Files

Comment

Interesting,I suppose a titanium ferule on a cue you’ve been using for some time will make a bit more of a difference ,not so much on a new cue ,with the whole package to get used to .My new cue with the titanium ferule has improved my long game by a fair bit ,more to do with having a lot stiffer shaft and slightly wider ferule than anything else .Had a go with my old cue of twenty years last week and it felt totally alien to me now .

Comment

Working...
                              X