Snooker cue shortage- Brexit?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Snooker cue shortage- Brexit?

Looking for a cue for my 13 year old and noticed that virtually everywhere seems to have been sold out of sub £50 cues for months. Argos, House of Fraser, Sports Direct....virtually everywhere. Is it to do with Brexit and not being able to get the imports in or what?

This is the one he wants: https://www.argos.co.uk/product/8257...r%20cue:1:10:1

Comment

It's probably more to do in general with covid and delays to imports reaching our shores.

I think mostly cues such as the one you listed will be imported from Asia. As we know, many goods from that region have been delayed, or causing shortages due to covid.

I'd advise you to look on eBay and the second hand market, or maybe a member on here may have a cue to suit. You are more likely to get a better cue than the one you listed that way.

Comment

Originally Posted by EssexCueStar View Post
        I wonder if it comes with a bitten off tip?

Comment

Looking for a cue for my 13 year old and noticed that virtually everywhere seems to have been sold out of sub £50 cues for months. Argos, House of Fraser, Sports Direct....virtually everywhere. Is it to do with Brexit and not being able to get the imports in or what?
          Have a look online at Cuepower , Thurston , John Parrott I'm sure there's others but that'll give you a start

Comment

These are better cues than that one. https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/291662513...YAAOSwcSBhj42n
            ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

Originally Posted by Cue crafty View Post
              These are better cues than that one. https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/291662513...YAAOSwcSBhj42n
              Try telling a 13 year old this is better than a nice shiney one with a Ronnie signature on it lol.

Comment

Thanks all, that's all really helpful advice. Amazingly John Parrott and Cue Power were mostly out of budget cues when I looked. The ebay ones do look good and I might get one of them myself. In the end I got him a BCE 3 piece with case and chalks from Sports Direct for £35. He was happy it all came in one. Will try it out later tonight. Ironically it's the Ronnie and Selby cues that seem to be mostly out of stock, which as you say doesn't matter because they're just merchandising really and probably imported from far-east.

Comment

Originally Posted by Nifty50 View Post

Try telling a 13 year old this is better than a nice shiney one with a Ronnie signature on it lol.
                  Lolz yes I did think about what I would say and I guess if you look at them both, the eBay one looks more like Ron's playing cue than the Argos one.
                  ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

Working...
                  X