This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

lol. been there, done it mate.

but when you get it right. oh! how sweet..
    The Cuefather.

info@handmadecues.com

Comment

Try to turn a mushroom tip from a 14mm Moori...

There is a small thing that one cue lathe maker (Chris Hightower from GA, USA) makes that he sells with his lathe, it is a little concave center that you can put at the tail stock. It will automatically aline the tip in the center, as long as the lathe is centered.

The concept is really quite simple, as once the shaft is held secured in the chuck and the center of the chuck is lined up centered with the live center, then just by pressing the tip with the concave center the tip will be centered.

It is the little silver thing on the right of the lather at the tail stock shown in the picture attached. All that you really need to do is to press the tip on the shaft with this concave center until it sets.

The concave center is shaped for 13mm or so tips, but I am sure one can be made for snooker tips.

Here is the web site, he also sells woods and such: http://www.cuesmith.com/index.php?me...page=wood_shop
      Last edited by poolqjunkie; 13 January 2010, 09:08 PM.
      www.AuroraCues.com

Comment

cheers for the link but spending a couple of grand so i can get my tip centered is not what i had in mind ,,,, i am working on a something though

Comment

Mike,

Where is my tips? It's been a week now....are they still swimming across the HINDI OCEAN? Looking forward for your feedback regarding this matter...ASAP
          My cueing sucks

Comment

Hi Mike

Please reply to me as well.

My buddy here in South Africa BTN of Warren Horsely also received a pack of MW tips from you ans did I via another friend, Ambrose. In both packs there were several tips that did not quite match up to your previous batch and I was very disappointed.

I politely asked Ambrose to email you and request some kind of reply or perhaps some kind of compensation even if it's just one Supertip that you personally select and send to ambrose. We are yet to still get a reply from you and it has been a few months now.

Please understand that here in South Africa our Rand is weak against the pound so everytime we order tips it sets us back quite a few bob for just tips.

I am currently using Elks but just don't like them anymore after using your MW ST's.

I humbly request you to kindly respond to this post.

Thx and knd rgds,
            Mutalieb

Comment

Originally Posted by snooker warrior View Post
              oh well ,,, i have lost count of the amount of times it looks ok ,, until i turn the cue ,,and then it looks like i put it on with my eyes shut ,,,if i find a fool proof way i will let you know first mike !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
              Or try using brand name Supergel.

Comment

Originally Posted by mutalieb View Post
                Hi Mike

My buddy here in South Africa BTN of Warren Horsely also received a pack of MW tips from you ans did I via another friend, Ambrose. In both packs there were several tips that did not quite match up to your previous batch and I was very disappointed.

I politely asked Ambrose to email you and request some kind of reply or perhaps some kind of compensation even if it's just one Supertip that you personally select and send to ambrose. We are yet to still get a reply from you and it has been a few months now.

Please understand that here in South Africa our Rand is weak against the pound so everytime we order tips it sets us back quite a few bob for just tips.

I am currently using Elks but just don't like them anymore after using your MW ST's.

Thx and knd rgds,
                Mutalieb
                Same to our Ringgit. 1GBP = MYR5.XX...that's so damn a lot...and hope it worth the value of the tips/services...time is the ultimate enemy for international deals
                My cueing sucks

Comment

Tell me about it. Time is the enemy in these type of deals. Our Rand is at almost 13 to the pound and thats very hefty for us.

Lets just hope Mike Wooldridge replies.

Comment

Originally Posted by snooker warrior View Post
                    mike,,you got any "tips" on getting a 11mm tip centred easy on a 10mm ferule as i play with a mushroom tip ,,,, it usually takes me two or three times to get it right,and then its rarely perfect !!!!!!!!!!!!
                    I used to use normal superglue but now I use superglue gel, it gives you a little more time to centre but you do need to leave it over night to properly set before trimming :snooker:

Comment

Originally Posted by brendan147 View Post
                      Mike,

Where is my tips? It's been a week now....are they still swimming across the HINDI OCEAN? Looking forward for your feedback regarding this matter...ASAP
                      Sorry mate but as mike already said we have been subject to postal strikes here in the uk so getting stuff delivered has been a little difficult
                      sigpic A Truly Beakerific Long Pot Sir!

Comment

Originally Posted by brendan147 View Post
                        Mike,

i have no idea. i am not in control of airmail. yet...

Originally Posted by mutalieb View Post
                        Hi Mike

Thx and knd rgds,
                        Mutalieb
                        i answer all emails and help whenever i can. if i did not reply to an email it was an over sight.

but i checked my records and can confirm i received no email from ambrose.

if i remember rightly i sent warren more tips back in april/may. i never heard anymore so would assume all was ok.

any more questions, i humbly request you email me, the forum is not my place of business...

Originally Posted by RGCirencester View Post
                        Sorry mate but as mike already said we have been subject to postal strikes here in the uk so getting stuff delivered has been a little difficult
                        thanks rg. i understand when people are waiting for stuff but once i send it i have no control over times.
                        The Cuefather.

info@handmadecues.com

Comment

Originally Posted by RGCirencester View Post
                          Yeah...as long as Mike already posting it, that should be okay then. I just asking in case he forgot to do so..lol...well...you know...his business deals around the world...might want to double check things...
                          My cueing sucks

Comment

I have had a lot of problems shipping to Malaysia before, I am not sure what it is. Have you had problem/delay in receving mails and parcels?
                            www.AuroraCues.com

Comment

Originally Posted by poolqjunkie View Post
                              I have had a lot of problems shipping to Malaysia before, I am not sure what it is. Have you had problem/delay in receving mails and parcels?
                              I cannot tell you since this is the first time I make my order from UK, and it was Mike who became the first ever person sending parcel to me here from UK. If this delivery tooks more than 2 weeks, than it should be the courier/custom declaration problem, either Malaysian or UKs. I just don't know. And I will not blame Mike since he is done with his job.
                              Last edited by brendan147; 30 October 2009, 07:51 AM.
                              My cueing sucks

Comment

Originally Posted by MikeWooldridge View Post
                                i have no idea. i am not in control of airmail. yet...

i answer all emails and help whenever i can. if i did not reply to an email it was an over sight.

but i checked my records and can confirm i received no email from ambrose.

if i remember rightly i sent warren more tips back in april/may. i never heard anymore so would assume all was ok.

any more questions, i humbly request you email me, the forum is not my place of business...

thanks rg. i understand when people are waiting for stuff but once i send it i have no control over times.
                                Ok, Mike and thx for the reply.

I will rather email you next time and will also have a word with Ambrose and ask him to order another pack.

Comment

Working...
                                X