This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by RGCirencester View Post
    Sorry mate but as mike already said we have been subject to postal strikes here in the uk so getting stuff delivered has been a little difficult
    Hey...are you Gav "The Chav"? Just curious...

To Mike:

Please handle those cues you made with clean attire please...otherwise it they won't be super smooth before they go for delviery (Joking mate...but I got mail for you).
    Attached Files
    My cueing sucks

Comment

Originally Posted by mutalieb View Post
      Ok, Mike and thx for the reply.

I will rather email you next time and will also have a word with Ambrose and ask him to order another pack.
      please do that.

i double checked and can see no record of an email from ambrose so make sure he contacts me to discuss any issues so i can sort it out.

cheers
      The Cuefather.

info@handmadecues.com

Comment

I got my Mike Wooldridge Super Laminated Tips and Cue Oil yesterday...

Thanks Mike...!!! Way to go...

p/s-your tips feel softer than ordinary laminated tips...aren't they? Gonna get used with its feeling now...
        My cueing sucks

Comment

I know a lot of people who swear by Mikes tips. I recnetly fitted one to my pool cue, But unfortunately when i screwed the white ball it jumped and a small chunk came out of the tip.
          I have had to put a blue diamond on now as thats all I had at the time. I am about to order some new Wooldridge tips..

Comment

Originally Posted by Potmad View Post
            I know a lot of people who swear by Mikes tips. I recnetly fitted one to my pool cue, But unfortunately when i screwed the white ball it jumped and a small chunk came out of the tip.
            I have had to put a blue diamond on now as thats all I had at the time. I am about to order some new Wooldridge tips..
            thats strange. especially with a light pool ball.

sorry about that. email me and i'll replace it.
            The Cuefather.

info@handmadecues.com

Comment

Originally Posted by MikeWooldridge View Post

Great business attitude boss...keep it up
              My cueing sucks

Comment

You must be very busy by now, finishing the new online shop, and a couple of cues including mine, surfing TSF...

My trip to London is over, so unfortunately I can't come to pick it up myself or have it delivered to there...

On topic: the tips play very well, I think. Got some on my cues and I'm happy with em.

Comment

No it's ok, was probably bad cueing or the way I put the tip on. I always shape my tip with sand paper and someone told me I shouldn't because it tears the tip? Is this true??

Comment

Potmad,

Sorry for the interruption here. It is depends on what type of sandpaper you are using and how much the pressure you are applying when shaping the tip. This is based on my experience wiith other brand of tip but I still never have the chance to do it on Mike's Super Tip yet. The tip did tear off when I applied too much pressure when shaping it (I guess I was in a hurry that time...damn it).

Someone in TSF recommended me to use medium grade of metal sandpaper when shaping the tip. I haven't tried it yet since my current tip is still 100% okay, so I can't really comment about this.
                    My cueing sucks

Comment

Great 3D vid tbh.

Comment

Glad to see my way is your way Mike , i used to retip cues in a club in Bedford and never had any complaints. Remember the Regal above Burtons.

Comment

Great tutorial.And done in such a way that you could not forget.Thank you.:snooker:

Comment

Originally Posted by stephen povey View Post
                            Glad to see my way is your way Mike , i used to retip cues in a club in Bedford and never had any complaints. Remember the Regal above Burtons.
                            How's it going Stephen.As you can see,i have registered here on your advice.Glad i did.Great forum.Been chatting to a couple people on here already,especially THORPY147.Know his dad.Anyway you'll know me if i mention RILEY E.Good match last night.Well,the first two frames,i should say.:snooker:

Comment

Very clear. Glad to see I have been doing it mostly 'right'.

Comment

Okay So I'll say it. The video is 'Idiotproof' as till now I've relied on the guy from the local club to do that. Thanks ! Will be doing my tips on my own now !!

Comment

Working...
                                X