Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Other than MW tipping advise.. you can try to use the search button to get ADR tipping tips.. It's very informative and useful too

Comment

the adr147 tip guide is 1st class
      Age/Location: 23/hull/ UK
      Highest Practice/Match Break: P:112/M:96 (Line Up: 122)
      Cue: John Parris, champion , 18.7oz 9.5mm tip talisman hard usually

Comment

spot on. like some have said its a simple task but well worth watching!

Comment

Thumb up!!
          In progressing!!

Comment

Great video
            Last edited by anjamagkekse; 31 May 2012, 08:54 PM. Reason: really bad spelling...

Comment

Originally Posted by Timo View Post
              I used to use normal superglue but now I use superglue gel, it gives you a little more time to centre but you do need to leave it over night to properly set before trimming :snooker:
              Really? I trim after 30mins. I use it superglue gel too

One thing I would add to that vid is... use a figure 8 motion when sanding tip on paper to negate the fear of convexing the tip edge. I would also use 0000 wirewool to burnish ferrule after using finest grade sandpaper (made smoother by rubbing on itself) cut into a 2mm long strip between my thumb and ferrule to make the join between tip and ferrule perfectly flush and clean. Perhaps I need to video it myself for youtube.

Comment

Use to have nightmares retipping my own cues in the past(some bad advice) but the beauty of the Internet and especially YouTube it's now a doddle and I think the secret is not to use too much glue at all...just a bead will do.
                I've also found that the gel stuff is far better than the normal stuff.
                VR Ultimate Limited Edition 1 Piece Ash Cue - 58” | 9mm | 18.9oz | 29.5mm | 18”.
                Long & Short Tele Extensions | 6” & 3” Ebony Mini Butts.
                Peradon Blue/Black Patchwork Leather 1 Piece Wide Case.
                Century Titanium Ferrule | ADR147 Tip | Taom V10 Chalk.

Comment

I always use a bit of masking tape on the ferrule so the glue doesnt go onto the ferrule, and doesnt get marked from cutting tip level with scalpel.

Comment

Originally Posted by stejohn View Post
                    I always use a bit of masking tape on the ferrule so the glue doesnt go onto the ferrule, and doesnt get marked from cutting tip level with scalpel.
                    excellent simple tip :encouragement:
                    The Cuefather.

info@handmadecues.com

Comment

Originally Posted by MikeWooldridge View Post
                      excellent simple tip :encouragement:
                      i just get someone else to do it, that way if they stuff it up after being paid to do it, then they sort it!

Comment

In case in anybody hasn't tried gel yet Home Bargains are selling Loctite Ultra Gel for 99p, bargain
                        #jeSuisByrom

Comment

Thanks for the great re-tipping guide.

Comment

Hi mike have you got any sun bin cues ATM?

Comment

Hi all
                              I am a newbie to snooker.
                              I thought I would post my question here about Cue Tips.

Yesterday I bought a "new" unused Ronnie O'Sullivan Signature Series (BCE 3pc), but this is apparently old stock. Current one is 4-pc set. Anyway, the butt rubber was moldy. The seller retorted saying "will it affect your game"?

Ok, anyway today I looked the (still) unused cue tip.
                              It said "blue diamond". It looked a bit rounded but I am pretty sure it is unused because the cue was factory wrapped up.
                              However, when I touched the tip (I am total beginner), the rubber (or leather) seems to be very hard. Almost no bounce at all.
                              BTW, it does not look blue. More like a dirty black with spots of grey or white or dirt.

My question is: is this normal for a brand new blue diamond tip? I read that this is a tad harder than others.
                              The rubber is all there, just a bit "dead meat" type of hardness. Do I need to change the tip or should I just use it for a few games or a few months with plenty of chalk?
                              Do I need to "break in" the new tip?

I appreciate your time to read and reply. Thanks for your help.

Joe

Comment

You have to love the subtle tools they use in some of these videos, why he didn't just whip out a chainsaw to get the tip off is a mystery.

Comment

Working...
                                X