X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

nice little vid, cheers!

Comment

Been off the sport lately, havent played in yonks now, but im drawn back to it. Gotta say great work Mike! The new anim's are really well made. Such a good site.

Comment

Some people use these big 'pencil' sharpers to cut of the excess of their tip. Is that ok?
        WVandeweyer Photography - Trevor White Cues Photo Collection (site)

Comment

Pencil sharpeners??????? Never heard that before...
          sigpic A Truly Beakerific Long Pot Sir!

Comment

Originally Posted by RGCirencester View Post
            Pencil sharpeners??????? Never heard that before...
            Very popular in US pool and on the Old Continent.
            Quote: "Here's how I shave down a tip (regardless of its hardness). If the tip is significantly too large for your ferrule, with a large portion sticking over the edge, I would first shave it down bluntly using a tool many pool rooms have for this purpose. This tool looks very much like a giant hand held pencil sharpener, and works exactly the same way. Your local pool room may have one. But if you don't have access to such a device you must resort to a razor blade."

It does look exactly like a giant pencil sharpener, and it does work quite well, but you have to be careful or it'll cut into your ferrule.

Use with care!
            Il n'y a pas de problemes; il n'y a que des solutions qu'on n'a pas encore trouvées.

"Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is knowing not to put in a fruit salad." Brian O'Driscoll.

Comment

Originally Posted by Wimm View Post
              Some people use these big 'pencil' sharpers to cut of the excess of their tip. Is that ok?
              Yes, but be careful to not cut into your ferrule, and be sure to burnish well after cutting or your tip will lose integrity.
              Il n'y a pas de problemes; il n'y a que des solutions qu'on n'a pas encore trouvées.

"Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is knowing not to put in a fruit salad." Brian O'Driscoll.

Comment

thanks for sharing this! It helps a lot!!!

Comment

AWSUM video for re tipping yo! but then id expect that from u =] haha

ive been doing tips like that ever since i got my first cue! and i had ppl tell me, to not cut it, etc, or not use sand paper (cause sand or glass particles get stuck in the tip fibre and scratch the ball?), but i still did cause i didnt think thre was anything wrong with it. like, i fount it worked fine and there were no visible evidence for things scratching balls.. and then i read online, that it was ok to do that. so i did! and then i had the guy who does the tip for ben nunan (australian number 1 8ball pool player) tell me i did an excellent job for re tipping cues, and that i should get paid to do it, and that made me feel better! i do free re-tipping for all my friends and stuff tho. i dont mind. and then u making a vid like that makes me feel better too lol kudos to u mate! *2 thumbs up*- id giv u more if i had more thumbs =]

are your tips really that much better? im tempted to buy one, but im afraid, wat if i ruin it, or, i mes it up. hmmmm i dont think im even worthy of using ur tip.. lol

Comment

Awesome guide Mike!
                    Good job

Comment

Hello Mike

definitely a very good video as guide of re-tipping...God bless you for sharing your knowledge with us...virtually...and animatedly...that was surely required a lot of hardwork my friend...

By the way, I still haven't received my Laminated Super tips that I paid to you on 21/10/2009. What happened mate? Is it on its way now?

Cheers...
                      My cueing sucks

Comment

Originally Posted by brendan147 View Post
                        Is it on its way now?

Cheers...
                        yes, we've had post strikes here though so you're gonna have to be patient.
                        The Cuefather.

info@handmadecues.com

Comment

Originally Posted by MikeWooldridge View Post
                          yes, we've had post strikes here though so you're gonna have to be patient.
                          Post strikes? Super busy mate? Seems your business doing well now...good for you...

Will use your tips for my cue here (experimental) though...
                          My cueing sucks

Comment

mike,,you got any "tips" on getting a 11mm tip centred easy on a 10mm ferule as i play with a mushroom tip ,,,, it usually takes me two or three times to get it right,and then its rarely perfect !!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally Posted by snooker warrior View Post
                              mike,,you got any "tips" on getting a 11mm tip centred easy on a 10mm ferule as i play with a mushroom tip ,,,, it usually takes me two or three times to get it right,and then its rarely perfect !!!!!!!!!!!!
                              lol. not really mate, i do it by eye. and you have to be bloody quick if you use superglue....

i used to use 10mm on 9.5mm ferrule. would usually end up having to sand/file one side down slightly cos i never got it perfect either. so you're not alone...

try using epoxy glue (like araldite), so you get more time to 'centre' it.

good luck.
                              The Cuefather.

info@handmadecues.com

Comment

Originally Posted by MikeWooldridge View Post
                                lol. not really mate, i do it by eye. and you have to be bloody quick if you use superglue....

i used to use 10mm on 9.5mm ferrule. would usually end up having to sand/file one side down slightly cos i never got it perfect either. so you're not alone...

try using epoxy glue (like araldite), so you get more time to 'centre' it.

good luck.
                                oh well ,,, i have lost count of the amount of times it looks ok ,, until i turn the cue ,,and then it looks like i put it on with my eyes shut ,,,if i find a fool proof way i will let you know first mike !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X