Small ding in brand new cue.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Small ding in brand new cue.

On friday morning my new Peradon pro-cue arrived from Thurston via DHL. The cue was wrapped in bubble wrap and tape and in a very thick cardboard tube. I also got some other bits and pieces like a 23" telescopic extension. Anyway when I took the cue out of the tube I noticed a very small dent in the cue about 20" from the tip. It is small and I can barely see it. I spotted it when I felt the shaft with my fingers. Obviously this part of the shaft will never go over the bridge.
    The question is this. Is this a big deal? Should I ask Thurston to replace it? I would also like to say that there are no dents on the tube or scratches so DHL didn't do it. And the other thing is that I am very happy with the weight of the cue and the balance and feel. If I sent it back there is no guarantee that the next cue would be better. What would you do?
    Last edited by JamesFoster; 31 May 2009, 08:01 PM.

forget about it or remove the ding.
    https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

Whats Mr JUNHUI doing in your cue????
      Always play snooker with a smile on your face...You never know when you'll pot your last ball.

China Open 2009 Fantasy Game Winner.
      Shanghai Masters 2009 Fantasy Game Winner.

Comment

I'm sure i read something here about putting a drop of water ont he cue to take a dent out although i think it was taking the **** lol but who knows
        Last edited by Jonny; 31 May 2009, 10:29 PM.

Comment

you could steam the ding out , but if the cue got lost or stolen that ding is a good identifying mark .
          [/SIGPIC]http://www.gclbilliards.com

Comment

"As above"

Comment

Originally Posted by Geoff Large View Post
              you could steam the ding out , but if the cue got lost or stolen that ding is a good identifying mark .
              A very good idea... Now wheres my hammer...

Only kidding
              sigpic A Truly Beakerific Long Pot Sir!

Comment

Originally Posted by Jonny View Post
                I'm sure i read something here about putting a drop of water ont he cue to take a dent out although i think it was taking the **** lol but who knows
                No, somebody advised rubbing a marble over it.

Comment

Originally Posted by neptar View Post
                  No, somebody advised rubbing a marble over it.
                  http://www.thesnookerforum.com/board...light=dent+cue

Comment

Just lightly sand the ding out , then use some steam to lightly raise the wood at where the ding is, then fine sand it to flash with the cue, and oil and polish.
                    The idea is that heat and water will raise the wood a bit.
                    If it is a very deep ding then it will not work.
                    It is not a big deal, and it not worth sending the cue back and forth for in my opinion.
                    www.AuroraCues.com

Comment

Originally Posted by Jonny View Post
                      Holy water is better, but the best is tears!
                      Your own tears.

=o)

Noel

Comment

Nice isn't it, when they use postal orders to get rid of the cues with minor flaws? In my experience (other makers - yes note the plural) the flaws were not so minor so I guess you're lucky. If you like the cue it should be easy to take the ding out.
                        Tear up that manure-fed astroturf!

Comment

Please tell us about your experience then

Comment

The problems didn't involve the three cue makers I know of who are active posters here.

Flat spots on the chevrons of the shaft making the taper look lumpy and bent in two places coinciding with those chrevrons, another cue with a knot going through the shaft about 6 inches from the tip that should have been seen prior to splicing and discarded.

Not making light of your problem at all but I would have gladly traded those faults for the ding. If you stick with the cue, enjoy
                            Tear up that manure-fed astroturf!

Comment

Originally Posted by RocketRoy1983 View Post
                              Whats Mr JUNHUI doing in your cue????
                              HaHaHa... that's what first popped into my mind too... this one's for you Roy.

=o)

Noel

Comment

Working...
                              X