Mike Wooldridge Cues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by DandyA View Post
    ok, fair enough, thanks for explaining your view ... I guess we all see things differently ...
    That's right Dandy we all see things differently. The difference is that he can't discuss something without using dirty language.

Judging from a guy who likes to pull peoples chains. He sure can dish it out but he can't take it! A slight comment and the guy
    goes nuts. Grow up cuefather

Comment

I've had 3-Mike Wooldridge Cues and they've all been beautiful. One of our players just got one and he swears by it. I can see why Mike gets angry when someone comes on the forum and says he has two of Mikes cues and doesn't like them and doesn't say why. I've got no problem with the way he treats people who are just stirring without backing up their criticisms.

Comment

Sounds like there's nothing wrong with the cue rather that he's more annoyed than anything that no one has offered him around the price he paid for it

Comment

Originally Posted by GilgamesH View Post
          Hi,

Anyone here who plays with MW cue? Are they any good?
          This is my first time trying out this cue from my mate and the shaft is very well seasoned and durable, just a few mins lay it in my hand and naturally give me a lot of confident with this cue, try it mate, very fun toys. ;p
          Last edited by 888; 10 October 2013, 09:34 AM.
          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a5NJt...eature=related
          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ObX6G...eature=related
          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vzNirO2VkH4
          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y1uYI...eature=related

Comment

Originally Posted by Gary Hall View Post
            Sounds like there's nothing wrong with the cue rather that he's more annoyed than anything that no one has offered him around the price he paid for it
            I ain't one to stick up for cue makers regardless because unlike some people who love all these cue makers and stick up for them regardless - I am not one of them - I judge people as I find them.

Here is what i think . Mike Wooldridge customer service skills certainly ain't the best, he sometimes is quick and angry with his responses when he should relax and understand that many of us can see through these occasional wind ups and judge for ourselves what is either perhaps bad critique or honest comment or someone just having a laugh.

Mike has jumped on the offensive defensive very quickly for something that is a quite trivial complaint

BUT

Has the complaining person listed his Mike Wooldridge cues for sale on here? No - so how do we know he cant get more than 250 for a cue costing over 400.

Is that the only complaint. Yes

What is the big deal?

Have you or I ever not bought anything they did not like - sure all the time - but **** happens - why come on winding him up on a world wide forum just send him an e-mail or take it on the chin and buy another cue brand. I don't buy brand I try and find cues I like in my spec and HOPE I like them. If I dont like them I sell them some for more some for less BUT I enjoy using the cue for a while which is fun. Loosing 150 on a cue is no big deal - my wife bought a handbag for a few hundred once - never got any money back on that one.

My view Mike Wooldridge cues are this.

I think the finish of his cues are among the best in the world - Of the cues I have used they are up there with the top brands - I wont buy one because the new black ferrel thing aint to my taste as I found when using my mates cue it made me take my eye off where I was aiming, towards the white ball too much although perhaps if I had used it long enough I may have got used to this. A pro friend of mine uses one - he loves it so I suppose this is just the fact I ain't used one for long enough.

As for what the cues are worth - if you play well with any cue it is priceless regardless of maker.
            I once offered a lad 400 for a older Mike Wooldridge cue I liked that he had. It was beautiful about 18 oz two piece with a joint that made it feel like a one piece and it had beautiful grain, great balance and played beautifully too - a few quick games with it I made a few breaks over 70 and had the white ball on a string.

At the end of our session of snooker I offered him 400 for the cue - apparently the type of cues are not made any more as it was an older type and yet the guy would not sell it because out of all the cues he had Parris, Glover, Trevor White etc, it was quite rightly his favourite cue. So if this guy complaining says he cant get 250 - is this correct?

Mike needs to understand we on the forum can see through complaints and stuff and nonsense and he should chill and just carry on having a laugh - Cant please everyone but using that language wont do him any favours - rise above it - ignore it or just respond properly or leave it to others to spot a wind up if that is what it is.

Bigger things in life to worry about man - check the threads and you can see what I mean.

Comment

Originally Posted by bob1 View Post

That's right Dandy we all see things differently. The difference is that he can't discuss something without using dirty language.
              there is nothing to discuss due to the fact it is none of your business.

your first comment in this thread set the tone. the second merely confirmed it.

you were trying to stir things up. you know it. i know it.

Judging from a guy who likes to pull peoples chains. He sure can dish it out but he can't take it!
              why should i take sh*t from you? who are you? a customer?

no. you're a nobody poking their nose into something they actually have no direct knowledge of themselves.

also, i don't where you get this 'me pulling chains' from. i usually only respond to other people's comments and i'm pretty certain regular forum members will back me up on that.

A slight comment and the guy
              goes nuts. Grow up cuefather
              it's being grown up that makes it easy to spot people like you, and understand exactly what you are saying regardless of how innocuous the devious little 'slight' comment may appear to others.
              The Cuefather.

info@handmadecues.com

Comment

Originally Posted by Byrom View Post
                I ain't one to stick up for cue makers regardless because unlike some people who love all these cue makers and stick up for them regardless - I am not one of them - I judge people as I find them.

Here is what i think . Mike Wooldridge customer service skills certainly ain't the best, he sometimes is quick and angry with his responses when he should relax and understand that many of us can see through these occasional wind ups and judge for ourselves what is either perhaps bad critique or honest comment or someone just having a laugh.

Mike has jumped on the offensive defensive very quickly for something that is a quite trivial complaint

BUT

Has the complaining person listed his Mike Wooldridge cues for sale on here? No - so how do we know he cant get more than 250 for a cue costing over 400.

Is that the only complaint. Yes

What is the big deal?

Have you or I ever not bought anything they did not like - sure all the time - but **** happens - why come on winding him up on a world wide forum just send him an e-mail or take it on the chin and buy another cue brand. I don't buy brand I try and find cues I like in my spec and HOPE I like them. If I dont like them I sell them some for more some for less BUT I enjoy using the cue for a while which is fun. Loosing 150 on a cue is no big deal - my wife bought a handbag for a few hundred once - never got any money back on that one.

My view Mike Wooldridge cues are this.

I think the finish of his cues are among the best in the world - Of the cues I have used they are up there with the top brands - I wont buy one because the new black ferrel thing aint to my taste as I found when using my mates cue it made me take my eye off where I was aiming, towards the white ball too much although perhaps if I had used it long enough I may have got used to this. A pro friend of mine uses one - he loves it so I suppose this is just the fact I ain't used one for long enough.

As for what the cues are worth - if you play well with any cue it is priceless regardless of maker.
                I once offered a lad 400 for a older Mike Wooldridge cue I liked that he had. It was beautiful about 18 oz two piece with a joint that made it feel like a one piece and it had beautiful grain, great balance and played beautifully too - a few quick games with it I made a few breaks over 70 and had the white ball on a string.

At the end of our session of snooker I offered him 400 for the cue - apparently the type of cues are not made any more as it was an older type and yet the guy would not sell it because out of all the cues he had Parris, Glover, Trevor White etc, it was quite rightly his favourite cue. So if this guy complaining says he cant get 250 - is this correct?

Mike needs to understand we on the forum can see through complaints and stuff and nonsense and he should chill and just carry on having a laugh - Cant please everyone but using that language wont do him any favours - rise above it - ignore it or just respond properly or leave it to others to spot a wind up if that is what it is.

Bigger things in life to worry about man - check the threads and you can see what I mean.
                can we just be clear about one thing:

i have absolutely no issue with guy3103 and my input here is not aimed at him or anything he said.

he is a customer and has the right to say what he wants. i have already emailed him to find out exactly what the issue is.

i have had many email conversations with him. in my opinion the cues he had were excellent but he was unsure, so i offered refund/exchange a long time ago.

thereafter, he changed his mind several times between keeping or selling the cues.

until i hear back from him via email, i have no idea why he considers the cues to be bad.

my point of saying all this is - don't be confused at what is going on here. this is nothing to do with guy3103 and his comments. he is free to say what he wants.

one last thing, my customer service skills are, contrary to popular belief of non-customers, excellent. and have been for years. now, rude people and timewasters are a different story...

ask genuine customers and i'm sure you'll get a very different story.

people confuse forums as being shop fronts. they are not. same as they confuse thinking they have the right to say what they want regardless of how offensive or factually wrong it may be.

p.s. point taken about reacting too quickly sometimes. but walk a mile in my shoes fella and your blisters would hurt as much as mine...
                The Cuefather.

info@handmadecues.com

Comment

Originally Posted by MikeWooldridge View Post
                  you're called a c*nt.

so f*ck off.
                  Well I think the customer care skills could use a little tweaking there buddy

I was a bit drunk last night and am in a bit of pain with an injury so I actually appreciate the entertainment at the moment that this forum is providing me - some nice people on here Mike and the ones that don't know you properly might take you the wrong way speaking like this to people - they might not have walked in your shoes or like me they might not ever have been a customer of yours so put yourself in there shoes too.

I am sure you can be and are a good guy but -and please do not take me the wrong way

I would be as scared to talk to you about ordering a cue as I am about talking to my mother in law
                  Last edited by Byrom; 10 October 2013, 10:57 AM.

Comment

chicken lol get one ordered

Comment

Originally Posted by Byrom View Post

I would be as scared to talk to you about ordering a cue as I am about talking to my mother in law
                      I can reassure you that Mike talks to customers in a professional manner. Nothing to fear there.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Originally Posted by billabong View Post
                        I can reassure you that Mike talks to customers in a professional manner. Nothing to fear there.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"hi Mike can I order a cue please?"

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk Mike ?
                        Last edited by Byrom; 10 October 2013, 12:54 PM.

Comment

i think this says it all...

The Cuefather.

info@handmadecues.com

Comment

I see so you are saying you are either mis-understood or you are -

Comment

Originally Posted by billabong View Post

100% : Снукер:: Снукер:: Снукер:

Comment

can't get £250 for a legend cue? well I will give you more than that blind.
                                https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

Working...
                                X