No announcement yet.

Mike Wooldridge Cues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is my review of my MW cue that I posted on his site.

Just took delivery of this cue and absolutely love it. I had it made to my exact specifications, the workmanship and attention to detail that went into this cue are second to none. As soon as I picked the cue up it just felt right, the smooth finish of the shaft to the quality of the splice work. Very happy customer. Cheers Mike

Comment

Originally Posted by GilgamesH View Post
      Hi,

Anyone here who plays with MW cue? Are they any good?
      In the U.S. there are very few sources for snooker cues, so I figured my best shot was to order one from the UK. After much searching and reading here on TSF and elsewhere, I finally decided to buy one of Mike's White Shark cues along with an extension, a custom case, and extra tips. I had a good experience interacting with Mike, and I'm happy with the delivered goods.

Though I rarely meet snooker players in the U.S., the ones who have tried my MW Shark considered it a good cue. Although it matters most that I think it's a good cue--and I do--it's nice to get appreciative comments from others.
      http://www.findsnooker.com/
      Snooker tables in the USA

Snooker cue: Mike Wooldridge white Shark
      Pool: Chuck Starkey custom, Schuler SLC-505

Comment

Rethunk:

Just so you know, there are a lot of snooker players in the US, mostly Chicago area and CA (not sure where you are).

If you happen to be close to the Canadian border then any big city would have snooker clubs.

There are also some snooker cue makers in Canada although I would have to say a lot of Canadian players do order British-made cues or else use 2-piece Canadian made cues by Marcel Jacques or others.

You can also get coaching if you need it. Go to 'www.snookerline'com' for a view of the Canadian (and American) snooker scene. Check the 'links page' for SnookerUSA and a few other American web sites

Terry
        Terry Davidson
        IBSF Master Coach & Examiner

Comment

Rethunk:

Didn't notice you put Boston on your profile, so I guess it's not real handy for you to get to Canada, although St John, New Brunswick has some decent snooker clubs and some good players (Jeff Kennedy and Robert Alzavedo).

Not sure but I guess that would be a weekend trip for you. Check SnookerUSA for snooker tables in your area. I know Brooklyn and NYC have some clubs but agains that's quite a drive for you

Terry
          Terry Davidson
          IBSF Master Coach & Examiner

Comment

Originally Posted by Terry Davidson View Post
            Rethunk:

Didn't notice you put Boston on your profile, so I guess it's not real handy for you to get to Canada, although St John, New Brunswick has some decent snooker clubs and some good players (Jeff Kennedy and Robert Alzavedo).

Not sure but I guess that would be a weekend trip for you. Check SnookerUSA for snooker tables in your area. I know Brooklyn and NYC have some clubs but agains that's quite a drive for you

Terry
            Thanks for the info.

This thread in the AzBillards forum kicked off my search for snooker tables in the U.S.:
            http://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=78055

I ended up compiling a list for the entire country and posting the list online. If you click on the Maps link in my website and zoom in to the Boston area you'll notice a rather depressing lack of snooker tables.

I'm familiar with SnookerUSA.com; our websites link to each other. In fact, USSA director Alan Morris created the logo for my website.

In the next month or two I plan to help coordinate an effort to compile a list of all the snooker tables in Canada. I don't know when/if I'll ever make it to Canada, but I'd be happy to contact you if I do.
            Snooker tables in the USA

Snooker cue: Mike Wooldridge white Shark
            Pool: Chuck Starkey custom, Schuler SLC-505

Comment

Hi,

I have a MW cue... Anyone of you keen to see the quality of the cue do let me know.

email me at sean8808@yahoo.com

Comment

I've got a pro3 and a white shark. Both fantastic cues. The pro3 is my playing cue and I think better timber than the White Shark but of course the White Shark is cheaper. I'm waiting for Mikes new website to appear. How far is it away Mike?

Comment

His shop is also down for maintenance so I can't forever check the pending status 10 times a day Oh the agony of not having a button to click waiting for a cue thats due some time soon! I will give a very nice write up on the shark after I use it for a while as I know there is many people who would like to spend in the region of 100-200 on a cue and not sure which is worth what.

Comment

MW cues are known for their good balanc! A friend of mine used MW cue. I tried a couple of shots with him. I must say the balenc is perfect. His cue is made ​​of stiff ash. Good balanc and powerful. What I do not understand is why this man uses black ferrel ?? anyway, I think he has a good reason for that.

Comment

Originally Posted by Syrus View Post
                      ... What I do not understand is why this man uses black ferrel ?? anyway, I think he has a good reason for that.
                      You need to read this then
                      http://www.handmadecues.com/cues/22-blackspin.htm

Comment

Jrc750, Thanks brother, is clear. However, I do not think furrele can create more power .. Most MW cues are powerful because of their good balanc, and of course t kind of ash he uses .. But that's my opinion.

Comment

I have 2 MW cues. A 2003 built cue which is just perfect for me and a 2013 cue for my son which has the blackspin ferrule. The blackspin is just brilliant. A bit strange at first but definitely a concept that works. I would highly recommend a MW cue. Yes they may be expensive but you only get what you pay for and with a MW cue you get exactly that. Quality build with no compromise. In my opinion, the best.
                          You may defeat me but I will fight you to the very end!!!!

Comment

Originally Posted by fred.england View Post
                            I have 2 MW cues. A 2003 built cue which is just perfect for me and a 2013 cue for my son which has the blackspin ferrule. The blackspin is just brilliant. A bit strange at first but definitely a concept that works. I would highly recommend a MW cue. Yes they may be expensive but you only get what you pay for and with a MW cue you get exactly that. Quality build with no compromise. In my opinion, the best.
                            When you say a bit strange Fred, do you mean it's an aiming thing or the feel you get from it?

Comment

Originally Posted by guernseygooner View Post
                              When you say a bit strange Fred, do you mean it's an aiming thing or the feel you get from it?
                              Strange is probably the wrong word to use! It takes a bit of time getting used to the ferrule. It feels more responsive to screw/top/side and you need to strike the cue ball with less power for the same response than a brass ferrule. Once you are used to it it just feels great.
                              You may defeat me but I will fight you to the very end!!!!

Comment

Originally Posted by fred.england View Post
                                Strange is probably the wrong word to use! It takes a bit of time getting used to the ferrule. It feels more responsive to screw/top/side and you need to strike the cue ball with less power for the same response than a brass ferrule. Once you are used to it it just feels great.
                                Not such a bad thing then with having to twat everything on most club tables! I just don't know if I could get used to looking at it when sighting.

Comment

Working...
                                X