X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Brother John,

What you need to do is just;
    1. Clean your cue thruly with a moist towel
    2. Use a piece of cloth, apply cue oil(mastercue oil for you) evenly from tip down to butt
    3. Let oil dry over nite if time permits, if not let oil dry 1-2hrs
    4. Use a dry cloth, wipe down the oil residue

Hope this helps.
    That what i usually do to me cues.

Comment

Boiled Linseed

I was advised to use boiled linseed oil and it works very well.
      Forget it, Donny, you're out of your element

Comment

Originally Posted by jonplayer View Post
        I was advised to use boiled linseed oil and it works very well.
        Bad advice
        Try reading post 9 of this thread

Comment

Originally Posted by trevs1 View Post
          There are other oils available for use on things such as cues, and no, they don't have to be any particular cuemakers "SPECIAL" oil either. Read up on finishing oils online and you'll soon learn what might be best. Cuemakers will more than likely tell you that their oil is something unique and miraculous, but it isn't, it's more or less readily available.
          So true... spread the word!

Comment

Originally Posted by jrc750 View Post
            Bad advice
            Try reading post 9 of this thread

I read it already. Robin Cook advised me to use boiled on my cue and its like a piece of silk woven by angels.

Maybe not all boiled oils contain these additives?
            Forget it, Donny, you're out of your element

Comment

Originally Posted by jonplayer View Post
              .... its like a piece of silk woven by angels....
              Nice ......

Comment

hi guys,

found this bottle of flaxeed oil lying about in the kitchen... can i use it to buff my cue?

quick, before someone misses it.

thx!!
                When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take the lemons back. GET MAD!!

Comment

Trev says that once he has finished the cues, they never need to be oiled again.

In the older days, never heard of anybody oiling their cues. None of the people I knew in those days ever oiled theirs.
                  :snooker:

Comment

is it imperative that you actually do this raw linseed oil thing? ive had my cue almost a year and have never done this...perhaps i should..

i want to a new badge made up for my cue with my name on it so i might email john parris, get him to make that and apparently he does a sort of "service" on the cue that will make it feel new again..

cue feels fine to me at the moment so im happy with it, every now and then it gets dirty but a damp clothe to clean it and dry with a nice screeching sound usually does the trick for me!
                    what a frustrating, yet addictive game this is....

Comment

My m8 dry rubs his shaft (damn that sounds painful) every time he plays and often between shots. After years of doing this, the natural oils from his hand seem to have preserved the cue somehow and it's the smoothest shaft I have ever felt (again that doesn't sound appropriate). Not sure if he does the linseed treatment or not.

A little tip on chalk: It's the chalk and the friction that wears a tip down. Chalk is an abrasive and will fall onto your ferrule, shaft in tiny amounts each time you chalk the cue, or strike the cue ball. Wipe your cue down regularly with a dry towel to remove the chalk. I don't use a moist towel that often (maybe once every 50 sessions of play)
                      Mayur Jobanputra, Snooker Coach and Snooker Enthusiast
                      My Snooker Blog: www.snookerdelight.com

Comment

Originally Posted by Acrowot View Post
                        Trev says that once he has finished the cues, they never need to be oiled again.

In the older days, never heard of anybody oiling their cues. None of the people I knew in those days ever oiled theirs.
                        :snooker:
                        Oil is a kind of finish, but it is not a very hard finish. It is like the oil finish on hardwood floors. After a while, in order to keep the floor looking nice and shinny you need to reapply the finish.

Oiling a cue can also help to keep the ebony and other butt wood from cracking, and it helps to seal the wood to a certain extend.
                        www.AuroraCues.com

Comment

Hi Trevor. This is Ray from China. I am so impressed on the finishing of my TW cue. Could you tell me the best oil to cues?

Or if it is not sensitive, what are the three ingredients on mixed in your oil?

Comment

Originally Posted by liuyoung_ray View Post
                            Hi Trevor. This is Ray from China. I am so impressed on the finishing of my TW cue. Could you tell me the best oil to cues?

Or if it is not sensitive, what are the three ingredients on mixed in your oil?
                            Trevors 3 ingredients:
                            Blood
                            Sweat
                            Tears

sigpic <---New Website
                            Dan Shelton Cues on Facebook

Comment

oils

same as yours then dan

Comment

Hi Dan, I noticed your cue for a long time. Do you have the same finishing like TW cues?

Comment

Working...
                                X