using raw linseed oil

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by liuyoung_ray View Post
    Hi Dan, I noticed your cue for a long time. Do you have the same finishing like TW cues?
    No. Well my cues are smooth and shiny, but as I do not know what Trevor uses then I can't say its the same.
    sigpic <---New Website
    Dan Shelton Cues on Facebook

Comment

I added your msn to my contact today. But still not approved. I wanna discuss with about some designs. maybe I can bring you a leed from my friend who fall in love with your cue when I show him the pics.

Comment

Dan didnt online in weekend
        Last edited by tinwong; 31 October 2010, 09:11 PM.

Comment

beeswax worked for me and then raw linseed oil a week later.
          highest break 112 ( 14 reds , 14 blacks)
          1994 individuals winner, 1994 summer league individuals runner up.
          league title winners 2003. league knockout winners 2003
          current cue: peradon salsbury , 17oz .10mm tip. 3/4 jointed butt

Comment

Originally Posted by damienlch View Post
            hi guys,

found this bottle of flaxeed oil lying about in the kitchen... can i use it to buff my cue?

quick, before someone misses it.
            thx!!
            Yes its the same. linseed is also known as flaxseed. Is it raw or boiled?

Comment

Originally Posted by fbook View Post
              Thanks!!

No idea... it's long gone.
              When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take the lemons back. GET MAD!!

Comment

Originally Posted by fbook View Post
                Depends where you buy it. I was told to always used boiled linseed as raw gums up. Personally, I only use my own cue oil now, which is PURER and lighter than any out there, I don't want my cue going sticky with heavy yellow 'oils' that a lot of sellers punt that really only deserve to be on garden furniture. Aurora's cue oil ain't bad either, they like purity as well.

But the only thing going on angel ash is ANGEL OIL!
                Last edited by Master Blaster; 18 June 2015, 04:46 PM.

Comment

By down to butt, do you mean don’t oil the butt then, only the shaft ?

Comment

I’d go for boiled linseed oil over raw. Raw can take a long time to dry - if it ever fully dries. BLO is used extensively by carpenters etc so it can’t be all that bad for the wood. Apply generously, leave overnight and buff in the morning. Leave two or three days and repeat. Do this 3-4 times, leave for a week, then a nice coat of beeswax and your cue should be good to go.

Comment

Originally Posted by hanchi View Post
                      Thanks very much
                      Cold pressed flaxseed oils the best but use sparingly and allow to dry, I’ve had the same cue for 36 years x, doesn’t matter how expensive a cue is, Stephen Hendrys cue was crap and it’s the last cue you would pick at a snooker club but he won 7 world titles with it
                      my closest friend spent ?500 on a custom cue but he’s still can’t string a 30 together bless him.
                      anyway cold pressed flaxseed oil xcxx

Comment

Thanks very much
                        Cold pressed flaxseed oils the best but use sparingly and allow to dry, I’ve had the same cue for 36 years x, doesn’t matter how expensive a cue is, Stephen Hendrys cue was crap and it’s the last cue you would pick at a snooker club but he won 7 world titles with it
                        my closest friend spent ?500 on a custom cue but he’s still can’t string a 30 together bless him.

Comment

Originally Posted by Lez View Post

Cold pressed flaxseed oil is a purer form of linseed oil that's used for cooking and as a vegan omega 3 food supplement, doesn't contain chemical dryers for that reason. Raw linseed will not dry, when it has been boiled that changes it's molecular structure allowing it to dry so in theory you could boil your cold pressed flaxseed oil and then it should be good for cues but it's not as simple as just putting it in a pan and heating it up.

Speak up, you've got to speak up against the madness, you've got speak your mind if you dare
                          but don't try to get yourself elected, for if you do you'll have to cut your hair

Comment

As a said use it sparingly and buff and polish, , it’s never done my cue any harm and it’s 36 years old, and av got no hair I’m bald

Comment

Stick to cooking

Comment

Hi all
                                I need your help about using linseed oil, i applied it on my cue yesterday,
                                i left it for the night, i dry it using a dry cloth, then a wet & dry cloth,

till it seems completely dry,

but after a while it feels oily again, is there any thing i've done wrong or is it normal.

Please can anyone reply ?
                                I’ve used tung oil in the past. It’s not as heavy as linseed oil ( only thing is though, i cannot stand the smell of it? ). The smell goes away though when it’s dry,

Comment

Working...
                                X