Going to buy a new Cue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Going to buy a new Cue

I am going to buy a new cue, but actually I have no idea which brands are good what way to choose a right cue.

so many different things to take into consideration

if you can, try to go to a club that sels cues and get a hit with a few before choosing to buy

if you cant, then my advice would be to buy a mid price cue (£75) from a good reputable manufacturer.

if your average height, then get a cue of average specification.

once youre a bit more experienced, you may have tried other players cues etc....and have more of an idea of what youd like and can then sel the cue youve buy just now for cash towards one that you find you like when youre a bit more up to speed on cue specifics

Comment

Thanks for the advice. I am using BCE, but I just feel not very good. I've also tried to find club that sells cues, so could U recommend some of club.

Is Rileys a good cue brand?

Comment

Originally Posted by jay

Thanks for the advice.
        no probs

Originally Posted by jay

I am using BCE, but I just feel not very good. I've also tried to find club that sells cues, so could U recommend some of club.
        no, sorry. ask about near your home town, or google search it

Originally Posted by jay

Is Rileys a good cue brand?
        not bad, but not great IMHO

Comment

Master Billiards Supplies are good.

That's my cue

I also have a Riley cue, and that was good aswell.

Comment

Originally Posted by jay
            I am going to buy a new cue, but actually I have no idea which brands are good what way to choose a right cue.
            I would recommend either O'min or MasterCue.
            Excellent stuff and very popular here in Singapore...
            Quality for the price

Comment

beware if buying from the internet, i purchased a cue from SNURTA and it arrived damaged (christmas present for my daughter) company expects me to send back and pay postage which they say will be refunded but what happens if it gets lost in post??? and why should i have the hassel
              Not impressed with packaging 3 parts all loose within poly bag inside tube-of course the parts will chip each other!.Seems customer service only applies prior to your money arriving with them.
              Buy in person and see the product.
              Andy

Comment

sorry to hear of your bad experience.

a good warning/reminder for others to enquire WRT packaging and sending details, just in case its overlooked.

hope it gets sorted swiftly for you.

Comment

i just bought a Mastercue 'Superb' about 2 years ago and I love it to death. At first I thought it was a bit heavy, but have recently adjust to that weight. Try Master Cue, but picking out a snooker cue is all about preference and what you feel comfortable with. If you find a vendor to go to. Get in, pick up a bunch of random cues from any brands and see which ones you prefer. This is my second cue and Probably my last, if i had to get a new one, it would be the exact same one. My first cue was a 100 dollar USD Riley cue and it wasn't that great.

Comment

Working...
                  X