Master Cue (Tournament) TM1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Master Cue (Tournament) TM1

I just bought the above cue. How do i check if the cue is proper in terms of straightness and other factors?
    The place where i bought the cue from had a mini table sort of a thing to roll the cue and check .. it seemed to be perfectly alright. But at the club where i play the the cue is slighty in the air from the ferrel maybe because of the table itself is not a nice one?

dont roll it to check its straight due to the joint, weighting or taper etc, this isnt a good gauge. Just hold the butt and look down the length of the cue, make sure its straight you can turn the cue a bit and keep checking. Aslong as you think it looks straight then its fine, a little bend doesnt really matter anyway.

Comment

Originally Posted by stejohn View Post
      dont roll it to check its straight due to the joint, weighting or taper etc, this isnt a good gauge. Just hold the butt and look down the length of the cue, make sure its straight you can turn the cue a bit and keep checking. Aslong as you think it looks straight then its fine, a little bend doesnt really matter anyway.
      Another point worth making is that some cues that aren't straight roll perfectly, because many modern cues have a slightly concave taper towards the top end of the shaft.
      Tear up that manure-fed astroturf!

Comment

Taken from Mike Wooldridge's site (I hope he doesn't mind). This details how to check for straightness, and also the importance (or rather, lack thereof) of having a dead straight cue. If you do get one, bonus. If your cue has a very small bend, it really doesn't matter!
        As you may know, Mike is probably in the top 3 cuemakers in the world (He'll tell you he's in the top 1), and if you take his "know it all" attitude out it, you'll see he actually does know a hell of a lot, and will help, even if its through gritted teeth! He will try to help educate you in whatever you need if it has a greater good. As long as you don't want telling how to build a cue, (ask him that, I dare you.....) you should be ok.

http://www.handmadecues.com/info/40-straightcue.htm

Dean.
        If you want to play the pink, but you're hampered by the red, you could always try to play the brown!

Comment

Wow - massive throwback

Comment

Finally achieved my 10th post

Comment

Working...
            X