No announcement yet.

My Honest "Woods Cue" Review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just my opinion but if you are getting regular twenties playing doubles you may stand half a chance of improving quite quickly with some solo time and playing singles.
    This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
    https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

All good points I've joined the club I play in now and will go in a couple of times a week to practice on my own hopefully I'll improve quickly and get my breaks higher cheers all

Comment

Had a few frames tonight at a social club but couldn't be bothered to get my cue so used a racker which was worse than bad, oldish guy at club says try this one and passes me a Woods one piece, it was nice and straight,heavy, a bit stiff but had a good hit and i played quite nice considering i have only been playing on Tuesday's of late.
        The owner of the cue said he had any amount of cues if i wanted to buy it so i said I'd think on and see him in the club, I'd never heard of Woods so i googled it and as expected i ended up on TSF.
        I'm shocked at the price tbh and it sort of kills the sale because knowing they're £54.90 brand new which he won't know as he bought second hand and was probably ripped off so will want £100 at a guess.
        It's hard to pot balls with a Chimpanzee tea party going on in your head

Wibble

Comment

Ive just received my woods cue, it's described as a variant traditional on the website. Pain ebony round butt, no badge, cue 169 I think it was.

The shaft needs re-finishing although it's not too bad, and an oiling, but it looks really well made. No doubt it's real ebony, but almost certainly dyed as its jet black!

For 50 odd quid delivered its a bargain. Once I've re-tipped it and re-finished it I'll see how it plays.

Got a ton praram on order which I'm sure will be the better made cue, but who knows the cheap woods may play better!

Comment

Thanks for the review.
            Just got a Woods cue myself, as a spare to go in the case, its a Ronnie replica of the Parris Cue he has been playing with for a while.
            To be honest as well, after thinking it will be OK as a second cue incase I have issues when playing. Well its a terrific looking cue,
            after changing the tip, it plays brilliantly, although the shaft grain is a little wide, it still looks great, splices are all good, feels very
            well balanced and is finished very well. and at £58.00 I think its a real bargain...

Comment

Hi guys just recieved my woods cue and found pen like marks on it that i cant clean off also the butt looks battered with hard glue in the part which the extension goes in, ive sent woods a message and waitinga response
              Its a maple cue so marks easily show
              Do Not Mock The Snake For Having No Legs, For Who Is To Say One Day It May Become A Dragon!:disgust:
              KRO..

Comment

Hi Guys

I have finally got round to taking pics of the Woods cue I have had for a few weeks now, its a great second cue and plays really well,
                although cheap, it plays really well, specs are 58", 18.5 oz, 29.5mm butt, 9.75mm tip., Very straight grain. The main splices all at
                the same length and the front splice in the centre perfectly, I am surprised it was only £58.00. I can understand, that I think with
                buying from this kind of source it can be hit and miss, but this cue seems to be a lot better than what some others have received for their money...

Dave

Comment

Originally Posted by Madbox View Post
                  Hi Guys

I have finally got round to taking pics of the Woods cue I have had for a few weeks now, its a great second cue and plays really well,
                  although cheap, it plays really well, specs are 58", 18.5 oz, 29.5mm butt, 9.75mm tip., Very straight grain. The main splices all at
                  the same length and the front splice in the centre perfectly, I am surprised it was only £58.00. I can understand, that I think with
                  buying from this kind of source it can be hit and miss, but this cue seems to be a lot better than what some others have received for their money...

Dave

That looks good for an amount of money that in the uk would not pay for the wood let alone a cue!
                  https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

Exactly, lucky buy I think

Comment

Hello guys,

I am considering about buying a woods cue. Do you know if they are lacquered or they used lineseed oil? I have made made own cue but as I used some ash wood I had at home with irregular grain, it bent where the grain was denser. owever it is not playing pourly and with line seed oil finish it is super smooth in a hand.

Comment

Woods cues are finished with seldom laquer which you can remove with sandpaper

Comment

Originally Posted by rushabhgohil147 View Post
                          Woods cues are finished with seldom laquer which you can remove with sandpaper
                          wear a mask for that though BTW!!
                          https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

i have also just got one from woods. i am staying in SG and the link on the tracking number the origin was from china.

do you all have this same prob? so the cue is hand made in engiand or china?

any body can advise

regards

Comment

China as far as i know. my custom made one came from china anyway and the pics i have of it being made dont look like the uk lol.
                              http://e.imagehost.org/0813/Mellow_yellow_sig1.jpg

Comment

You posted the pictures also?

Comment

Working...
                                X