My Honest "Woods Cue" Review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by Tommysuen View Post
    Hi everyone I'm new to the forum, I'm preparing to order a stock woods cue. Is order via their website is the best way? Thanks
    depends where you live and why? they can be good but hit an miss - how much are you spending and where do you live?
    https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

Thank you for your reply. I'm living in HK and my budget is very low, not more then £100. The main reason I want to buy the woods cue is they have stock cue in 56 inch maple - I got a ash cue already but I want another one in maple

Comment

Thank you for your reply. I'm living in HK and my budget is very low, not more then £100. The main reason I want to buy the woods cue is they have stock cue in 56 inch maple - I got a ash cue already but I want another one in maple
        honestly because delivery is swallowing so much of the money I would stick with the cue you have.

Comment

On their offical web mentioned free delivery to HK? Not sure but I will check, thanks

Comment

On their offical web mentioned free delivery to HK? Not sure but I will check, thanks
            I would be very careful about that - there is no such thing as free delivery - for example I am happy to sell you a nice cue for £100 but it will cost roughly £30 in delivery.

Comment

Thank you I think you are correct, will check very careful

Comment

Originally Posted by ADR147 View Post
                I would be very careful about that - there is no such thing as free delivery - for example I am happy to sell you a nice cue for £100 but it will cost roughly £30 in delivery.
                And that's if you don't get hit with any import duties and tax/vat. Certainly a lottery nowadays. A club member ordered from Woods, very hsppy with the cue, then came the tax bill!
                Snooker Crazy - Cues and Equipment Sales Website
                Snooker Crazy - Facebook Page
                Snooker Crazy - You Tube Channel

Comment

Are Woods cues not made in China anyway? Seems a bit daft to ship it all the way to the UK so they can stick a badge on it then ship it all the way back. Can you not find a good Chinese cue? Grand cues are OK.

Comment

Thank you for all the reply, I want to try woods cue only because they got 56 inch maple stock cue. But I sent them a request via their official website but no answer yet, funny. Anyway not urgent to buy a cue

I think HK no need to pay for the tax

May I ask, their cue is reasonable quality compare to their price? Thank you!

Comment

Originally Posted by ADR147 View Post
                      Out of boredom while surfing the net, I purchased a Woods 1 piece maple with case and extensions. It cost me £105 delivered. No extra taxes to pay and arrived within 5 days.

Comment

Originally Posted by ken147 View Post
                        Out of boredom while surfing the net, I purchased a Woods 1 piece maple with case and extensions. It cost me £105 delivered. No extra taxes to pay and arrived within 5 days.
                        I am never that lucky!

Comment

Originally Posted by Shockerz View Post
                          And that's if you don't get hit with any import duties and tax/vat. Certainly a lottery nowadays. A club member ordered from Woods, very hsppy with the cue, then came the tax bill!
                          lol, you hit the nail on the head .

tax/vat and shipping cost . that's the problem .

Comment

I ordered a custom made woods cue about 18 months ago, it took 34 days from order to delivery in the UK, full custom with 24 splices of ebony and purple heart with sycamore veneers, it was beautiful, very well made but the only issue i have with it is that the ash on the shaft is quite soft... and because of this the ferrule has dropped on one side, I had the same issue with a custom made peradon, but had just ordered a new woods with a slightly larger tip and maple shaft with ebony splicing

lets hope it is well made when it arrives!

Comment

Has anyone here tried a maple shaft cue from them? And has anyone ordered a cue from him from his triple star section. Those cues are over $200 and he states he uses the best wood and they are better quality. I was just wondering if any players here have bought one and what they thought.

Comment

Hi, I am currently using a maple shaft cue from woods and it's fantastic, once i had a new elk tip put on it it played really nicely, very smooth shaft, no snagging whatsoever. not used a 3* cue from them but the standard cues are pretty good

Comment

Working...
                                X