• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am 5'10 my cue is 58'

Comment

6'4" and 60.5 inch

Comment

I'm just over 6' 2" and I like the cue to be around 59 1/2".

Comment

I'm 183cm.. about there.. I'm using 58 1/3" cue

Comment

I'm 175cm n I use a 57" cue.
            I hold abt 2" of the butt.

Comment

Cm's ! Not a clue .

5ft 9" [ in Heels ] 57 1/2 " cue .
              Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

6ft 5 playing with a 59" glover - soon to be a trevor white

Comment

6ft 5. Do you find the length of cue is enough for your height ?

I only ask , as i've read threads on here where taller people want 61" cues .

Comment

I'm 5' 9" and my cue is 57.5. At address position I have 1-2 inches out the back of my hand, so ideally perhaps my cue would be 56.5 or 57 I guess.
                    "Do unto others 20% better than you would expect them to do unto you, to correct for subjective error"
                    - Linus Pauling

Comment

Finding the correct cue length for your particular physique is simple.

(Credit to Terry & Wayne Griffiths for this one)

Take a pencil and make a very light mark on your shaft that is 10" to 12" (25cm to 30cm) from the tip, then take a bit of electrical tape and grip the cue somewhere between the very end or up a bit with maybe 1in hanging out the back of the hand and put the tape on the butt where the front of your grip is.

Now get into a good address position. This means the bridge forearm almost virtually straight (maybe a 10degree bend), have the right foot laces directly below the middle of where the grip will be and ensure the grip arm forearm is hanging straight down.

Place cueball on the brown spot and address it without shooting. Look at the cue in the address position and see if the 'V' of your bridge is somewhere between the 2 pencil marks at 10-12" and your grip is right next to the tape of the butt.

Make adjustments as necessary, espeically in the amount of cue past the 'V' since this is where most people go wrong and also confirm your grip forearm is vertical and over the right foot.

If you prefer a more severe bend in the bridge forearm then you might have to adjust your cue length or else if you happen to be 6ft4in or have longer arms you again may have to adjust the length of cue the other way.

Terry
                      Terry Davidson
                      IBSF Master Coach & Examiner

Comment

Bloody hell Terry , you need your own section on here . Brilliant reply . I think i will try that out .

You could be like an 'Agony Aunt ' or in your case an 'Agony Uncle '

Snooker related topics only i would presume .....not unless you want to give relationship advice !

Comment

Really great to have Terry to answer all our question..

He's our very own snooker dictionary

Comment

Terry,

Thks for your sound advise.
                            I will try it out as soon as i find time to go down the club.

Cheers

Comment

Originally Posted by neil taperell View Post
                              6ft 5. Do you find the length of cue is enough for your height ?

I only ask , as i've read threads on here where taller people want 61" cues .
                              59" seems good for me neil i'd like a 58" but I cant quite get on With that length.

Comment

Originally Posted by Terry Davidson View Post
                                Finding the correct cue length for your particular physique is simple. ...
                                Thanks Terry. I had a coach help me find the correct position for my grip and bridge using this exact method I still have the electrical tape on the butt and use it to ensure I grip in the correct place on every shot. I used to have a small square of tape on the shaft where it would sit above my bridge V, but that got distracting, plus I realised I didn't need it.
                                "Do unto others 20% better than you would expect them to do unto you, to correct for subjective error"
                                - Linus Pauling

Comment

Working...
                                X