No announcement yet.

How tall are you & how long is your cue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am 5 ft 10 and a 1/2 and play with 59.25 " cue.I do play with a straight bridge arm though and I hold the cue at the end of the butt.I tend to cue through better than with a shorter cue,dont know why,just works for me.

Comment

during the power ball comp on tv I couldn't help but notice sean murhpys cue was so long it looked like it was around his eye level, any one know how tall sean is and the lenght of his cue?

Comment

I am 190cm (6ft3) tall and i am very happy with 58.75".

As Terry explained it is not only about how tall you are.

Stephen Hendrys cue goes up nearly to his chin level.
        As cazmac observed Murphys cue goes up to his eye level.
        A clubmate of mine is happy with a cue that goes only up to his solar plexus.
        I think it is about where you prefer to have your grip...and also the balance point, and the butt diameter where you grip will make a difference.
        mind control > body control > cue control > ball control

Comment

Originally Posted by cazmac1 View Post
          during the power ball comp on tv I couldn't help but notice sean murhpys cue was so long it looked like it was around his eye level, any one know how tall sean is and the lenght of his cue?
          I think you will find Murphy has a tendency to place his cue on his foot, which is probably why it looks as tall as eye height.

Comment

im 6 foot 3 and my cue is 59 inches long and 19 oz in weight

Comment

i'm 5ft 8 and my cue length is 57.5in...

i would think cue length of around 57 or 58 inches should suit most people and it's a matter of finding a suitable grip position in relation to the type of shot you are playing.
              When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take the lemons back. GET MAD!!

Comment

I'm 5' 9" and prefer 58" to the standard 57". I can understand people saying a short cue should be more accurate because there will be less arm movement.. personally I think a slightly longer action gives a better sighting of the shot. It is also important to remember that you should push through the ball to keep accuracy and generate better spin where required rather than jabbing at the ball. Highest break 139 (in. League match). so I'm not a muppet.

Comment

I'm six foot two and my cue is 62 inches long and 20 oz's in weight. A tall bloke needs to have a longer than standard cue in order to have the same stance and grip options as someone shorter using a standard length cue of 57 inches.
                  Of course there are a lot of tall players who use standard length cues but that is because they didn't have the option of having a longer cue off the shelf and so started to play with a standard length cue, tailored their style to suit it and got used to it.

I strongly believe that if Steve Davis had got himself a custom made cue of 60 to 61 inches he would have played the game to an even higher standard than he did as he wouldn't have had to bend his bridge arm or restrict his backswing in order to have enough cue over his thumb to sight the shot properly.

Comment

About 5'9 and my cue is a fraction under 57", it was 57" but due to alterations with the ferrule it lost a slight bit of length. 17.02 oz in weight.

Comment

I'm 6'3" and my maple Mastercue connoisseur is 58" long:snooker:
                      Last edited by TooDark; 20 August 2020, 03:00 PM.
                      VR Ultimate Limited Edition 1 Piece Ash Cue - 58” | 9mm | 18.9oz | 29.5mm | 18”.
                      Long & Short Tele Extensions | 6” & 3” Ebony Mini Butts.
                      Peradon Blue/Black Patchwork Leather 1 Piece Wide Case.
                      Century Titanium Ferrule | ADR147 Tip | Taom V10 Chalk.

Comment

Originally Posted by vmax4steve View Post
                        I'm six foot two and my cue is 62 inches long and 20 oz's in weight. A tall bloke needs to have a longer than standard cue in order to have the same stance and grip options as someone shorter using a standard length cue of 57 inches.
                        Of course there are a lot of tall players who use standard length cues but that is because they didn't have the option of having a longer cue off the shelf and so started to play with a standard length cue, tailored their style to suit it and got used to it.

I strongly believe that if Steve Davis had got himself a custom made cue of 60 to 61 inches he would have played the game to an even higher standard than he did as he wouldn't have had to bend his bridge arm or restrict his backswing in order to have enough cue over his thumb to sight the shot properly.
                        I'm 6'2 or 3 and use a 58" cue without any trouble i even have a little bit of space behind my grip hand

Comment

Originally Posted by RogiBear View Post
                          I'm 6'2 or 3 and use a 58" cue without any trouble i even have a little bit of space behind my grip hand

Im 5'11 and i use a 58 inch cue what weighs 18oz i have about 2 inches behind my hand for the shots i need to stretch

Comment

Originally Posted by vmax4steve View Post

I am 6'3 and play with a 58.5" cue. My previous cue was about 57" which I had no problem with so when I ordered my new cue I didn't want a drastic difference in length as I had no problem with cue power using a shorter cue & any big jump in length may well have affected my cueing significantly.

I'll never know how I would have cued if I had started out with a loinger cue (once I'd stopped growing of course), but I know that when I screw in my mini butt it adds on an extra few inches but feels far too long for me. I almost begin to start poking at shots rather than pushing through fluidly

Comment

I'm around 5'11 tall and play with a 57" cue for both snooker and English pool. I do have other cues that are 58" but I hold the slightly further forward

Comment

How tall are you & how long is your cue

I'm also around 6 foot 2 and play with a 59 inch cue. I usually have an inch sticking out the back on most shots. I did try a 60 inch but it felt too abnormal for me probably not surprising since I played with 57/58 inch for years...
                                Don't let the fear of losing be greater than the excitement of winning...

Comment

Working...
                                X