X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SouthPaw
    replied
    Originally Posted by ADR147 View Post
    ebay prices are always to get you to buy direct they charge a fortune! martin is a nice guy and has always been happy to help me when i am short of stock and visa versa, personally i would highly recommend him.
    If I'm not mistaken Martin is the main UK dealer for mastercue, you can be guaranteed that he'd get looked after better(in terms of getting sent quality over quantity) than say blue moon leisure which you could get the same model cheaper...

I'd rather take the risk with Martin and pay a bit extra to be honest...

Leave a comment:

• Bigmeek
    replied
    well if he is south it would have added an extra 100 miles roughly i guess and if he is north he drove past it!
    And if north then we'd be recommending GBL! Think Hotpot was planning a visit to Kippax at one time and that's from Wales.

Leave a comment:

• ADR147
    replied
    Originally Posted by Bigmeek View Post
    Agreed. My point was that if he was happy to drive 220 miles an extra drive to get to Kippax would be worthwhile. Kippax (near Leeds) might even be closer for him! Depending on where he is of course.
    well if he is south it would have added an extra 100 miles roughly i guess and if he is north he drove past it!

Leave a comment:

• Bigmeek
    replied
    i guess that depends where he lives!
    Agreed. My point was that if he was happy to drive 220 miles an extra drive to get to Kippax would be worthwhile. Kippax (near Leeds) might even be closer for him! Depending on where he is of course.

Leave a comment:

• ADR147
    replied
    Originally Posted by Bigmeek View Post
    If I was going to drive 220 miles I think I would have gone to Craftsman Cues at Kippax. I visited Chesworth Cues a couple of years ago and have to agree that Martin is a nice helpful guy with a genuine interest in cues. Does prattle on a bit tho lol. I found his prices a bit high but what you have to remember is he's trying to make a living. Shops like this are in short supply and I wouldn't want to see him go bust by trying to compete with Internet prices. If there was a shop like Chesworth's near me where you could "try before you buy" I would happily pay a bit more for a cue.
    i guess that depends where he lives!

Leave a comment:

• Bigmeek
    replied
    If I was going to drive 220 miles I think I would have gone to Craftsman Cues at Kippax. I visited Chesworth Cues a couple of years ago and have to agree that Martin is a nice helpful guy with a genuine interest in cues. Does prattle on a bit tho lol. I found his prices a bit high but what you have to remember is he's trying to make a living. Shops like this are in short supply and I wouldn't want to see him go bust by trying to compete with Internet prices. If there was a shop like Chesworth's near me where you could "try before you buy" I would happily pay a bit more for a cue.

Leave a comment:

• DeanH
    replied
    Originally Posted by Mr Badger View Post
    Sounds like the poster is called Martin Chesworth. Or got noshed off as part of the deal. If you got something cheaper than elsewhere, please feel free to elaborate on your purchase. I've never known him sell anything cheaper than anyone. I've had dealings with him in the past and my experience is that he is a bulls****er that charges top dollar.
    Originally Posted by MikeWooldridge View Post
    oh dear. sounds like someone's tired and getting grumpy...

however, "or got noshed off as part of the deal" is one of the funniest things i've ever read on here.

so, thanks for that
    or frightened as he looks over his shoulder as the cull-men come over the hill

Leave a comment:

• ADR147
    replied
    I can't do with the bloke. I've just looked at his ebay advert for the Master Cue Connoisseur cue. £295 + £10 p&p. Took 30 seconds to find it for £255. You could buy his Master cue Heritage for £285 + £10 P&P. Or you could google it and pay £225. Enough said.
    ebay prices are always to get you to buy direct they charge a fortune! martin is a nice guy and has always been happy to help me when i am short of stock and visa versa, personally i would highly recommend him.

Leave a comment:

• Mr Badger
    replied
    I can't do with the bloke. I've just looked at his ebay advert for the Master Cue Connoisseur cue. £295 + £10 p&p. Took 30 seconds to find it for £255. You could buy his Master cue Heritage for £285 + £10 P&P. Or you could google it and pay £225. Enough said.

Leave a comment:

• MikeWooldridge
    replied
    Sounds like the poster is called Martin Chesworth. Or got noshed off as part of the deal. If you got something cheaper than elsewhere, please feel free to elaborate on your purchase. I've never known him sell anything cheaper than anyone. I've had dealings with him in the past and my experience is that he is a bulls****er that charges top dollar.
    oh dear. sounds like someone's tired and getting grumpy...

however, "or got noshed off as part of the deal" is one of the funniest things i've ever read on here.

so, thanks for that

Leave a comment:

• culraven
    replied
    Agreed, blatant advertising, in the words of ali G "big up yourself" no respec due!

Leave a comment:

• Mr Badger
    replied

Leave a comment:

• jrc750
    replied
    Yep nice one mate, always play with a few cues if possible, it's usually not the one you think that plays the best !!

Leave a comment:

• coomsey76
    replied
    Good effort bud..... Sounds like your trip was well worth it!!

Leave a comment:

• roocarl
    started a topic Chesworth Cues Sheffield review and my experience

Chesworth Cues Sheffield review and my experience

After a lot of consideration over buying my first decent cue , I decided to make the trip to Chesworth cues 220 mile round trip but so happy I did Martin the owner and cue maker himself could not have been more helpful , he encouraged me to try as many cues as I wanted and take all the time I wanted, so I did lol !
    3.5 hours later I narrowed my choice down , Martin was helpful offering advice , explaining differences and offering recommendations but never pushy ! I am so glad I did it this way and not just ordered of the web ! I started on mastercue but dismissed on slimmer butt then looked at Pheonix nice cues , but I really liked the Britannia steel cues lovely finish a bit different and great splice work I would highly recommend these ! But after a lot of deliberation I went for a Mastercue Connosseur S I loved the more forward balance , got used to the slimmer butt , great finish and IT JUST FELT RIGHT IN MY HAND ! which is the main thing . The bottom line I picked up a couple of cues that I loved the look of and specs but just felt wrong . If your thinking of buying a quality cue I can't recommend highly enough going to a shop with a table and trying them and you could not find a more helpful or nicer bloke than Martin also the cue was slightly cheaper than other on line shops .
    I also bought a very tasty leather case super quality Brown leather and exclusive to Martin .
Working...
X