Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When you alter an old maple cue, retaper from llmm to 9.5mm, is the wood underneath a lot lighter, or does it all darken with age? If so can you relighten the maple or would you need to darken the altered bit to match?
    No one is listening until you make a mistake!

Comment

• ive got just over 100 cues kev but out of the 100 cues theres only 1 or 2 that are old most of my cues are from the 70s and 80s
      Originally Posted by kev267 View Post
      How many cues in your collection Gary?

Comment

• after my latest from jrc,thought ide post a pic of my willies,lol,,.

Comment

• Stunning cues there Jim. Beautiful mate, well done. (Cue envy surfacing again!).

Comment

• well to me this is all like going a lap dance club - look but don't touch whilst Gary and Jim Evens girls still have their top halves in jumpers
            Last edited by Byrom; 11 March 2015, 03:05 PM.

Comment

• Saw this old cue down the club last night thought I would ask if anyone has seen anything like this before

old ash shaft - not much black grain filler
              butterfly ebony butt splicing
              "opposed" front splicing rosewood (?) with maple/black/maple veneers - ok seen this opposed (90deg off the butt splicing) before with or without veneers - but not seen a maple/black veneer on the butt splices before

The cue has no markings/badge/stamp. Anyone seen this before, know the possible age/maker/etc?

Last edited by DeanH; 18 March 2015, 07:54 PM.
              Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

• Originally Posted by Byrom View Post
                well to me this is all like going a lap dance club - look but don't touch whilst Gary and Jim Evens girls still have their top halves in jumpers
                If this was a lap dance club, there would be 2000 girls and about 10 customers, lol. Yeah, cue envy. But what the hell would we do with all those cues? Gary and Jim, where do you get them all from?

Deano, that's really different, a double-butterfly cue. Wow, never seen that before. Does he want to sell it? lol

Comment

• The Old Cue Thread

Gary is known to pick them up from carboots

cues that is, not lap dancers :biggrin:

Comment

• yes all my cues are from the carboots lol apart from 1 my powerglide control cue even my John Parris Classic came from the carboot
                    Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
                    Gary is known to pick them up from carboots

cues that is, not lap dancers :biggrin:

Comment

• The Old Cue Thread

MB - not for sale (I did ask) the ferrule and shaft would need work

Gary - no comment on the lapdancers I notice :wink:

Comment

• i dont do lapdancers just carboots dean lol
                        Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
                        MB - not for sale (I did ask) the ferrule and shaft would need work

Gary - no comment on the lapdancers I notice :wink:

Comment

• Originally Posted by garysnooker View Post
                          yes all my cues are from the carboots lol apart from 1 my powerglide control cue even my John Parris Classic came from the carboot
                          You've got some quality car boots your way. What is your best find at a car boot bud?

Comment

• my best find was not a cue but a old guitar amp vox ac30 head unit normally the vox amp is a Combo but this was just the head it done well on ebay i think i got about 850 for it as for cues i brought about 40 cues of one bloke forĀ£50 most for them were old and ive still got most of them now

Comment

• Originally Posted by jim evans View Post
                              after my latest from jrc,thought ide post a pic of my willies,lol .
                              Jim I only have one Willie

Willie Smith Record Cue.jpg
                              My favourite players: Walter Lindrum (AUS), Neil Robertson (AUS), Eddie Charlton (AUS), Robby Foldvari (AUS), Vinnie Calabrese (AUS), Jimmy White, Stephen Hendry, Alex Higgins, Ronnie O'Sullivan, Dominic Dale and Barry Hawkins.
                              I dream of a 147 (but would be happy with a 100)

Comment

• 1427067870160_zps5rwoa0tx.gif1427067082337_zpsek5jmomn.gif1427067202419_zps6v6gqsnu.gif
                                Here it is......The Kingsley Kennersley Match Cue....not sure how old it is tbh....58" maple shaft, ebony machine spliced, stamped 16.5oz, 11mm tip.....nice and stiff, plays well.
                                Attached Files
                                Last edited by Dozza19792; 22 March 2015, 11:48 PM. Reason: Messed up the PhotoBucket file ;)
                                Safety doesn't win frames.......Potting does!

Comment

Working...
                                X