Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A few nice old cues I've recently been in the vicinity of . . .

Split cane cue had 6 splices around the shaft !

Comment

• my post shows up in the "what's new" listing, but not when I open it. Is this normal ?

edit, now they're visible . . .
      Last edited by billabong; 27 June 2016, 07:01 PM.

Comment

• Stunning rare cues there Bill. Never seen a Burroughes and Watts Peall cue. Your cues Bill?

Comment

• Look like Andy Hunters to me.
          ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
          Old cue collector --
          Cue Sales: http://oldcues.co.uk/index.php?id=for_sale_specials
          (yes I know they're not cheap, I didn't intend them to be!..)
          ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

• Could be. .

Comment

• Nice Peall pic badge in ash with Bubinga splices.

58" long, 11mm tip, 31.5mm butt, and 16.35oz ( stamped 17oz ).

Comment

• very nice example
                K&C the retailer?
                Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

• Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
                  very nice example
                  K&C the retailer?
                  Kent & Cleal Ltd., would have been the maker. They were wholsale makers of cues and other billiards accessories, like Peradon. Established 1892 and still operating well into the 1950s. This advert from their 1938 catalogue ....

Comment

• Originally Posted by 100-uper View Post
                    Kent & Cleal Ltd., would have been the maker. They were wholsale makers of cues and other billiards accessories, like Peradon. Established 1892 and still operating well into the 1950s. This advert from their 1938 catalogue ....

Thanks 100 upper, I take it you could specify something other than ebony as long as you paid a wee bit more ?

Comment

• Originally Posted by 100-uper View Post

Thanks 100 upper. Any info on the stamp below the weight stamp ?

Comment

• Originally Posted by billabong View Post
                        Thanks 100 upper, I take it you could specify something other than ebony as long as you paid a wee bit more ?
                        Remember, this company was a wholesaler to the trade. They would no doubt have made cues to any customer specification as long as the woods were available, and an order of sufficient quantity made it worthwhile. Peradon's always supplied by the dozen, but K&C did advertise singles, although it's not clear that this offer extended to special orders. In addition to these companies, this particular cue was also being made and supplied by MacMorran, Weildings, and John Nidd. I noticed that the latter were advertising a walnut butt as standard for the "Peall" in 1958.

Comment

• Originally Posted by billabong View Post
                          Thanks 100 upper. Any info on the stamp below the weight stamp ?

"P. C. Tidy" is almost certainly a previous owner. It may be a retailer, but if so, I have not come across them.

Comment

• Beautiful example Bill

Comment

• Been bit quiet here, anyone have some nice old cues to post up for all to see

Comment

• Nothing from me, but not from lack of trying.

Comment

Working...
                                X