This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by itsnoteasy View Post
    Thanks Kev, saw a cue last night at the billiards with a similar shaped badge, but I have looked this cue up and I don't think it is the same, his was a plain ebony butt.
    There's a "J. Ashcroft & co" cue with a similar shaped badge to the Thurston's Peall Perfect .

Pic of it is in this thread :-

http://www.thesnookerforum.co.uk/boa...your-knowledge

3rd pic down in the 1st post, upper right image.
    Last edited by billabong; 15 October 2014, 11:59 AM.

Comment

Originally Posted by itsnoteasy View Post
      Thanks Kev, saw a cue last night at the billiards with a similar shaped badge, but I have looked this cue up and I don't think it is the same, his was a plain ebony butt.
      yeh mate, I think Billabong is right. The plain ebony butted one your referring to is a Ashcroft Willie Cook cue

Comment

Originally Posted by kev267 View Post
        thanks mate. Its machine spliced and was bought here in Australia. Never seen another but perhaps someone else has. Here is the badge
        is that same badge as the third from left of my lindrum collection,a young lindrum,only a few about.

Comment

Originally Posted by jim evans View Post
          is that same badge as the third from left of my lindrum collection,a young lindrum,only a few about.
          Don't look the same

Comment

no it int had a better look its the same era a young horace but kevs is head and shoulders, mine is to his waist arms folded,also on a machine spliced ..

Comment

Originally Posted by jim evans View Post
              I think Jim, yours looks more like the 2nd from left in post #38 of this thread. Farthest left one in post #38 ( and again in post #45 ) is the one which is the rarer I think. .

Sorry Jim, post overlap here.

Comment

sydney smith

my sidney smith cues,,

Comment

no Jim its a different portrait of Horace on the badge. I too have an early Horace portrait badge like the one you have mentioned. Here is my other cue showing the younger portrait of Horace Lndrum

Last edited by kev267; 15 October 2014, 12:36 PM.

Comment

yes your right kev ,wonder which one is the older ,he looks about same age.

Comment

no idea Jim

Comment

I assume you can't tell by the number of screws holding the badges ?

Like did the maker predominantly use 2 screws up to a certain year ? or is it just dependant on the badge design rather than any change of policy ?

Comment

heres mine. few missing and some to add. need to get some more pics done.

Comment

Awesome collection Matty..just love that well-figured burr on the Mannock

Comment

not that good

Comment

some of my riley cues,,,,,

Comment

Working...
                                X