Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here is one more picture. These are not the ass end, if you know what I mean?
    Mike

Comment

very nice collection you got there mike.

Comment

Thanks Jim, I have most of them on display in a circular B&W cue rack.
        Mike

Comment

not like mine ,ime sleeping on floor .lol,

Comment

really enjoying seeing these old cues....very nice collections out there gents

Comment

Originally Posted by jim evans View Post
              not like mine ,ime sleeping on floor .lol,
              Wow!!! lol

Comment

Jim, I think I see a spot for you at the head but you will have to lay parallel to the cues. Also get yourself a stool to rest you legs on. Also excellent looking collection.
                Mike

Comment

It may be too much trouble but I think it would be great if the collectors picked out their top five cues and told us a bit about them, it doesn't have to be the most valuable, just the ones that mean the most to them or have an interesting back story, or some such thing, could be a good addition to this thread.
                  This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
                  https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

Originally Posted by itsnoteasy View Post
                    It may be too much trouble but I think it would be great if the collectors picked out their top five cues and told us a bit about them, it doesn't have to be the most valuable, just the ones that mean the most to them or have an interesting back story, or some such thing, could be a good addition to this thread.
                    That would be good but it seems most people have big collections and more or less the same cues as each other, unless someone has a really rare one hiding in the woodwork

Comment

• the realy rare ones dont often come up for sale for most collectors,they go through word of mouth or other collectors who know.

Comment

• Originally Posted by jim evans View Post
                        the realy rare ones dont often come up for sale for most collectors,they go through word of mouth or other collectors who know.
                        But like hunt O'byrne etc of the modern era I suppose

Comment

• The cue collectors must have stories of finding a good cue at the back of a shed, or an old boy leaving them one down the club, or waiting years to get one to complete a mini collection, doesn't have to be the rare ones ,more the story and why they mean something extra to them.
                          This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
                          https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

• A very romantic view, but not really how it happens for most collectors most of the time.
                            It's usually a case of seeing something you fancy and offering a large sum of money to try and tempt the seller into selling it to you rather than posting it off to Australia!
                            ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                            Old cue collector --
                            Cue Sales: http://oldcues.co.uk/index.php?id=for_sale_specials
                            (yes I know they're not cheap, I didn't intend them to be!..)
                            ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

• I've got a story for you.

Having just moved into a new flat I was on the lookout for additional furniture and paid a rare visit to a Yorkshire saleroom after seeing Biedermeier setee being advertised as a featured lot. While I was viewing, I spotted a couple of old tin cue cases and naturally had a look inside. One contained an unbadged machine splice cue, quite old, but a bit tatty. The other, when I pulled it out of the case, was a wonderful marquetry cue c.1870. The lot was estimated as £15-20 in the catalogue. I looked round to make sure nobody was watching and quickly slid the cue back in the case, put them both a bit further back in the corner of the saleroom before returning next day for the auction. As it happens, there was a telephone bidder against me, so someone had spotted it, but he dropped out a £350 which I still regarded as a bargain, although I would have preferred £15-20. Oh, and I got the Biedermier as well ... that cost £1,100.

Comment

• old cue

My most memorable buy was a Tom Newman of eBay, won by the odd pound at 201, a bloke in Sheffield was selling so I could collect, got to know him quite well over a few yrs,when I went to collect he felt that guilty I had paid so much he gave me a Fred davis champion cue as well,it was a year or so later he told me he had not paid a£10 for them both,lol.

Comment

Working...
                                X