Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Some of Andy Hunters cues he has brought to show me.Only the tip of the iceberg.
    He's bringing the better ones next time.

Comment

Pretty sure there were 4 screws in that taylors cue when he picked it up!
      https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

Originally Posted by ADR147 View Post
        Pretty sure there were 4 screws in that taylors cue when he picked it up!
        Nowt to do with me!

Comment

This is one of the best threads on here now love looking at the older cues.

Comment

How common are the Taylor's cues? Would quite fancy one because of the Edinburgh badge, are they ok to play with in today's conditions?
            Have to agree fantastic thread, thanks for posting them up.
            This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
            https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

Agree with itsnoteasy,, Fantastic thread indeed,, sounds like a stupid question, But can anyone tell me what is antique cue. I mean how old must they be? 30 years/40 or......???? Or all cues that are no longer made are anique ?? appreciate what ext info about this.

Comment

100 years - not very many antiques posted so far!.. But a few
                ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                Old cue collector --
                Cue Sales: http://oldcues.co.uk/index.php?id=for_sale_specials
                (yes I know they're not cheap, I didn't intend them to be!..)
                ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Originally Posted by perpetualboredom View Post
                  100 years - not very many antiques posted so far!.. But a few
                  Maybe we should rename this thread The Old Cue Thread

Or maybe The Classic Cue Thread ???
                  Last edited by mythman69; 15 October 2014, 05:47 AM.
                  My favourite players: Walter Lindrum (AUS), Neil Robertson (AUS), Eddie Charlton (AUS), Robby Foldvari (AUS), Vinnie Calabrese (AUS), Jimmy White, Stephen Hendry, Alex Higgins, Ronnie O'Sullivan, Dominic Dale and Barry Hawkins.
                  I dream of a 147 (but would be happy with a 100)

Comment

The Antique Cue Thread

Agreed, I was a bit too quick to set off and create the page and used the term antique when it may have been better to use Old.

I will see about changing this to cover all bases...antique, classic, vintage etc and as many other terms that have been altered and made vague since the ebay revolution :snooker:
                    On Cue Facebook Page
                    Stuart Graham Coaching Website - On a break until March 2015
                    Ton Praram Cues UK Price List

Comment

Originally Posted by 100-uper View Post
                      Spotted this one on eBay today, which might not quite be antique although it must be pretty close I would guess. Its a bit rough, but its the only one I've seen. Has anyone else come across one before?

a machine splice cue with a smashed up badge,
                      Last edited by Leo; 15 October 2014, 06:50 AM.

Comment

Great cues surfacing on here. Keep it up .
                        Last edited by billabong; 15 October 2014, 08:16 AM.

Comment

Originally Posted by Stupree View Post
                          Agreed, I was a bit too quick to set off and create the page and used the term antique when it may have been better to use Old.

I will see about changing this to cover all bases...antique, classic, vintage etc and as many other terms that have been altered and made vague since the ebay revolution :snooker:
                          I still think it was a great idea to start this thread. Good work.
                          My favourite players: Walter Lindrum (AUS), Neil Robertson (AUS), Eddie Charlton (AUS), Robby Foldvari (AUS), Vinnie Calabrese (AUS), Jimmy White, Stephen Hendry, Alex Higgins, Ronnie O'Sullivan, Dominic Dale and Barry Hawkins.
                          I dream of a 147 (but would be happy with a 100)

Comment

Please don't start arguing on here, this is one of the few quality threads on the entire site, if you don't like it don't read it, it's as simple as that.
                            This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
                            https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

Originally Posted by itsnoteasy View Post
                              How common are the Taylor's cues? Would quite fancy one because of the Edinburgh badge, are they ok to play with in today's conditions?
                              Have to agree fantastic thread, thanks for posting them up.
                              Very rare this one and although i havent tried it i imagine its totaly unplayable now.

Comment

Here is my contribution to the antique side of this thread...

Thurstons Ld cue that dates after 1815 and hopefully before 1914

On Cue Facebook Page
                                Stuart Graham Coaching Website - On a break until March 2015
                                Ton Praram Cues UK Price List

Comment

Working...
                                X