No announcement yet.

Sight Right Cues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It can't surely give players an unfair advantage otherwise you would think that World Snooker would ban it? The list of snooker players currently endorsing the technology include Stuart Bingham, Jimmy White, Martin Gould, Barry Pinches, Rory McLeod and 10 times lady world champion Reanne Evans. I'm going to try a laser guided cue ball!
    Supporting grassroots snooker in Essex, England

http://www.swdsl.co.uk/
    http://www.braintreesnookerleague.co.uk/

Comment

Originally Posted by allaboutsnooker View Post
      It can't surely give players an unfair advantage otherwise you would think that World Snooker would ban it? The list of snooker players currently endorsing the technology include Stuart Bingham, Jimmy White, Martin Gould, Barry Pinches, Rory McLeod and 10 times lady world champion Reanne Evans. I'm going to try a laser guided cue ball!
      Also Cliff Thorburn is the Canadian ambassdor for Sight Right. It's not an unfair advantage as it really is just a training aid to get you down over the ball correctly by checking your alignment before you get down. You still have to be able to cue through straight. When you find your laser guided cue ball can you post one across the pond to me......
      " Practice to improve not just to waste time "
      " 43 Match - 52 Practice - 13 Reds in Line Up "
      http://www.ontariosnooker.club

Comment

Originally Posted by jrc750 View Post
        I wouldn't bother buying one (360 cue) unless just starting out, my highest break is 64, yet I couldn't pot a single ball with one of these cues!!!!
        If you have trouble using the 360 then you automatically have a problem with your grip and/or a 'pumping' cue action where the tip of the cue rises and falls. I have a 360 here for my students and started using it on the advice of Nic Barrow and I found it really helped to stop me from gripping my cue too tight and too early. When you use it you have to keep the grip relaxed and now I've gotten to the point where I can pot a long blue and screw back about 2ft (however can do 6ft with my own cue).

When I first started using it when I tried a long blue with deep screw and a lot of power I couldn't even hit the cueball! Give it a try if you can get your hands on one. I can remember Dominic Dale trying one out at the SWSA and to him it played like a normal cue so I don't think he has any problems with his grip or his stroke (after me trying it out with little success for about 20 shots and then have Dominic come along an pot any long straight shot on the table was very humbling for me).
        Terry Davidson
        IBSF Master Coach & Examiner

Comment

Originally Posted by lesedwards View Post
          Also Cliff Thorburn is the Canadian ambassdor for Sight Right. It's not an unfair advantage as it really is just a training aid to get you down over the ball correctly by checking your alignment before you get down. You still have to be able to cue through straight. When you find your laser guided cue ball can you post one across the pond to me......
          I still can't see the purpose of this and I'm going to ask Cliff to show me when I see him next. It must be that you have to lay your cue on the line of aim when you are standing behind the shot and at that time if you see a solid line then your head is correctly on the line of aim. Now it's up to the player to ensure he drops the head straight down over the cue.

Since I am not of the school that the cue should be placed on the table while standing up behind the shot I can't agree with this training device. I think there would be more improvement if players were taught to select the line of aim while standing up and then ensure they dropped straight down on that chosen line of aim. I can't see this device helping and besides their most expensive model is 600GBP and the craftsmanship sucks!
          Terry Davidson
          IBSF Master Coach & Examiner

Comment

Originally Posted by Terry Davidson View Post
            If you have trouble using the 360 then you automatically have a problem with your grip and/or a 'pumping' cue action where the tip of the cue rises and falls. I have a 360 here for my students and started using it on the advice of Nic Barrow and I found it really helped to stop me from gripping my cue too tight and too early. When you use it you have to keep the grip relaxed and now I've gotten to the point where I can pot a long blue and screw back about 2ft (however can do 6ft with my own cue).

When I first started using it when I tried a long blue with deep screw and a lot of power I couldn't even hit the cueball! Give it a try if you can get your hands on one. I can remember Dominic Dale trying one out at the SWSA and to him it played like a normal cue so I don't think he has any problems with his grip or his stroke (after me trying it out with little success for about 20 shots and then have Dominic come along an pot any long straight shot on the table was very humbling for me).
            Good Morning Terry. I remember the first time I came up to your place for coaching, you put 10 balls in front of me and said pot these long blues and I potted 7/10 then you gave me the 360 cue and I had no trouble with it either. Next time I am up which I hope is next week I want to try the 360 again and possibly the wrist band stroke analysis as I still find myself stabbing at the CB something my last table brought on. That tentavie I am going to miss shot with a big steer. Kind of like when you stand on a long par 5 with bush down the right and water down the left and you try to steer the ball out there instead of letting the driver take its natural path.

Comment

What's a wrist band stroke analysis?

Comment

Originally Posted by rimmer10 View Post

Comment

Originally Posted by rimmer10 View Post
                  Sorry I kind of miss lead you..LOL it is actually called Cue Action Recorder. This really helps when you are not following through and taking a stab at it instead. The first time I tried it at Terry's it showed my cue tip strike the cue ball then instead of this nice long follow through and holding it my tip actually returned back to almost the V in my bridge and I wonder why I struggle to pot balls and miss cue when I try to screw back. I have provided a link to the infor.

http://www.thesnookergym.com/cueactionrecorder.php

Comment

Good time to give this thread a bump. Steve Feeney must be rubbing his hands together, I get the feeling he is going to market this to its fullest off the back of Bingham's performance at the WC.

Could these cues become a major seller now, I can imagine quite a few will jump on the bandwagon. Especially if they come fitted with patented Ballrun technology!!!

Comment

He's not actually using it tho is he !

Comment

Well its on his cue so technically I suppose he is. Either way, you can't deny its a great thing for Feeney and Sightright because what better way to endorse a product than the World Championship finalist and potentially winner 2015. They will undoubtedly put his success down to sightright and you know that many gullible people will buy into anything if they believe it will make them a better player.

Comment

Anyone know what happened with all the legal wranglings on this?

Comment

Working...
                          X