No announcement yet.

Sight Right Cues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My mate has a remote control for his car stereo - always thought that a bit useless,

Toilet golf lol - I bet I could get a hole in one -

What about toilet snooker - could practice my dump shot that way.

Comment

Originally Posted by Byrom View Post

What about toilet snooker - could practice my dump shot that way.
      Good idea! Who do you think we should get to endorse it?

Comment

Originally Posted by rimmer10 View Post
        Have to admit, thinking about putting the head mounted toilet roll holder on my xmas list
        Handy if your ever caught short in the woods.

Comment

unless, if anything like my house, when I need to go there is only an empty roll on the holder! :wink:
          Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Originally Posted by rimmer10 View Post
            Good idea! Who do you think we should get to endorse it?
            Cliff Thorburn or andrex

Comment

Originally Posted by Terry Davidson View Post
              I agree with this statement however since Cliff is the Canadian rep for these cues if I run across him soon I'll ask him to (try and) explain the value of their cue aiming system.

Terry
              Been there done that. Cliff invited me down to practice with him earlier this year before the Cambridge Invitational and he brought along the sight rite cue and platform. It's not a gimmick but you really have to understand the technique of the game....lol yes I do understand because Terry taught me even though I don't listen very well....

Exactly what it does is it gets you to drop down correctly on your shot so your not moving the cue all over the place once your on your shot. When you stand directly behind your shot as Terry taught me and sight your shot you then walk into your shot and if the two lines are dead aligned then you are correct. That does not mean because you have this cue you will make every shot, you still have to be able to pick the right line. Bingham must really have a problem walking into the shot so he finds this really helps him. For practice there is a platform with lines on it that you sit on the table then you align yourself with the lines and then drop down with the lines on your cue aligned and you should stroke the cue directly over the line on the platform. Now as for the cue I think Cliff had the middle of the line cue which played very well. I played one game with it. The first time I tried it I was dead on. My problem is my tentative whimpy no follow through stroke I use when I am playing any matches nothing like my powerfull full stroke I use when I am practicing in my Snooker Room. I am still waiting for that cue that pots everything...... Anyone have any idea where I can find one? See you Friday Terry. I will pick up your cheap ciggys today.....
              " Practice to improve not just to waste time "
              " 43 Match - 52 Practice - 13 Reds in Line Up "
              http://www.ontariosnooker.club

Comment

I still believe a player doesn't need this gimmick in order to drop straight down into a shot correctly. If a player can find the proper aiming or sighting line when standing up behind the shot using this device then he should be able to find it correctly without having to use it.

What this does is force the player to place his cue on the line of aim while standing behind the shot whereas most coaches (including myself) advocate having the cue held across the hips when standing behind the shot and in that position ensuring the head is on the line of aim and then dropping the head straight down into the address position. Some coaches do advocate placing the cue on the line of aim first and dropping the body down to it which is fair enough.

What I still don't see is if the player is standing over the cue and looks down at this device how can he line up the 2 lines accurately as his head is about 3ft above the cue and when he bends down he can't see the device any more.

I have the SightRite device which goes on the table and it can be a help in having a player sight correctly when he is in the address position. I also use it to check and see if the player is seeing one line or two (or sometimes 3) and get him to shift his hips or head until he sees the one line (but that's only if he asks me to correct his eye alignment).

Terry
                Terry Davidson
                IBSF Master Coach & Examiner

Comment

I am a novice and find it hard to believe that it will make you a better snooker player. It seems like it is only a device to determine which if either of your eyes is the dominant eye. Seems like an expensive way to determine which eye is the dominant eye.....although I would love to hear from someone who has had some experience with this cue.

Comment

Since we're on the subject of gadgets. What do you all make of the gravity cue and the 360?

Comment

I look foreward to your future posts on how long you have been waiting for your ultimate to arrive smiley

Comment

Originally Posted by golferson123 View Post
                        I look foreward to your future posts on how long you have been waiting for your ultimate to arrive smiley
                        Ha ha, got no intentions going down that road! Just curious especially about peoples experience with the 360 since I remember coverage at the worlds a few years back with Steve Davies playing with it and really liking it as a training tool

Comment

360 is a great thing, it helps to iron out a lot of faults, mainly grip related,( not the best quality of cue though) don't know anything about the gravity cue. Do a search on here ,there has been discussions about both of these cues numerous times.
                          This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
                          https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

Originally Posted by itsnoteasy View Post
                            360 is a great thing, it helps to iron out a lot of faults, mainly grip related,( not the best quality of cue though) don't know anything about the gravity cue. Do a search on here ,there has been discussions about both of these cues numerous times.
                            will do mate, thanks

Comment

Originally Posted by itsnoteasy View Post
                              I wouldn't bother buying one (360 cue) unless just starting out, my highest break is 64, yet I couldn't pot a single ball with one of these cues!!!!
                              Last edited by jrc750; 11 December 2014, 07:34 PM.

Comment

Originally Posted by jrc750 View Post
                                I wouldn't bother buying one unless just starting out, my highest break is 64, yet I couldn't pot a single ball with one of these cues!!!!
                                kind of agree as I did get mine when I near enough first picked up a cue or at least within the first few months IIRC,but if you grip too tight, or close it too soon or twist or dip the cue by putting pressure in any direction with the grip during the stroke it will break the spring, so it encourages a light touch and a gradual acceleration to avoid the spring breaking, personally I can pot the pink into a bottom bag and screw back up past the middle bag ,on a very slow table, with mine( saying that I haven't used it for ages).
                                I would say it's not for everyone, but out of all the gizmos out there that say they help but don't really , this one does.Two things I would like to add, first when I reread my post it could be read that I was potting the pink from baulk, I wish lol, the pot was only from say three feet away into the bottom bag and screwing back up past the middle bag, and the second is another good thing this cue does is it forces you to open your grip on the way back and this helps keep it on a level plane, if you don't and pull the cue up and into your chest too much it will break the spring.
                                Last edited by itsnoteasy; 11 December 2014, 08:00 PM.
                                This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
                                https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

Working...
                                X