Clear All

• j6uk
    replied
    my first hand made cue
    one piece butterfly spliced wenge and ash
    16.8oz
    16.5bp

few more pics

Last edited by j6uk; 4 January 2015, 05:41 PM.

Leave a comment:

• j6uk
    replied
    talking about broomsticks, does anyone play with one?
    im working on a few snow plow shovel cues

Leave a comment:

• j6uk
    replied
    Originally Posted by jrc750 View Post
    Watch out for splinters ;-)
    cheers jr, very sweet and caring of you

Leave a comment:

• johno
    replied
    Good stuff, will be interesting to hear the differences in playability as your journey progresses. Look forward to the pics as well

Leave a comment:

• itsnoteasy
    replied
    Originally Posted by j6uk View Post
    a bit of both. but id never say never, just got other things going on now and iv been moving away for it for a while now
    Well if you ever want to jump on a bus and come up to my neck of the woods ,I'll buy you dinner and pay for the table, I might even let you win just for your confidence

Leave a comment:

• j6uk
    replied
    Originally Posted by itsnoteasy View Post
    Is that through choice or health J6 ?
    a bit of both. but id never say never, just got other things going on now and iv been moving away for it for a while now

Leave a comment:

• j6uk
    replied
    Originally Posted by neil taperell View Post
    Not playing for fun J or has the game done your head in totally ?

Would be interested in seeing the end product first hand .

Have you set the Workshop up in your house ?
    i'll still slap a ball about now and again.. yeah its a few doors down at the back of a neighbors garage

Leave a comment:

• j6uk
    replied
    Originally Posted by golferson123 View Post
    I've got tears in my eyes you soft sod
    i knew that would move you cupcake

Leave a comment:

• itsnoteasy
    replied
    i feel my playing days are behind me but if iv carved out something i like im sure i'll hold on to it for a bit. the rest, i'll be happy to leave a dozen quality cues in circulation as something tangible that iv given back to this cruel game before im gone
    Is that through choice or health J6 ?

Leave a comment:

• Neil Taperell
    replied
    Not playing for fun J or has the game done your head in totally ?

Would be interested in seeing the end product first hand .

Have you set the Workshop up in your house ?

Leave a comment:

• golferson123
    replied
    i feel my playing days are behind me but if iv carved out something i like im sure i'll hold on to it for a bit. the rest, i'll be happy to leave a dozen quality cues in circulation as something tangible that iv given back to this cruel game before im gone
    I've got tears in my eyes you soft sod

Leave a comment:

• j6uk
    replied
    What are you going to do with the cues once you have made them J ?

Will one be your playing cue ?

Leave a comment:

• Neil Taperell
    replied
    What are you going to do with the cues once you have made them J ?

Will one be your playing cue ?

Leave a comment:

• j6uk
    replied
    Must be murder having to wait so long before working on it again ......the temptation must be great !
    not really neil theres other cues that need me. plus iv just moved into my workshop so theres plenty to do there. then theres throwing the kids around, scratching my girl back, slapping these keys and cooking

Leave a comment:

• j6uk
    replied
    Originally Posted by johno View Post
    Impressive work J6, clean job and good work on the butt as well. Just aquestion re tip size please, any reason why you're not so keen on 9.5 mm ? and what advantage do you feel you've gained going down to 9mm. Good luck with the cues by the way
    appreciated johno.. i have no real preference as such but i do like the looks and feel of say the 9.25mm and the 10mm. 10 feels straighter in the taper and kinda fills my v on the bridge, then the flip side would be the accuracy in playing and the taper coming down to a finer point while using maybe a more sharper v on the bridge hand with a ferrule just over 9mm.
    having said all that its also the cues that i come across that don't feel like they have a great taper. those two cues im doing on page two are 9.4 and 9.5 and they felt fine.
    i'll be posting some more cue pics and taper dims within the next few days so

Leave a comment:

Working...
X