X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Neil Taperell
    replied
    Must be murder having to wait so long before working on it again ......the temptation must be great !

Leave a comment:

• johno
    replied
    Impressive work J6, clean job and good work on the butt as well. Just aquestion re tip size please, any reason why you're not so keen on 9.5 mm ? and what advantage do you feel you've gained going down to 9mm. Good luck with the cues by the way

Leave a comment:

• j6uk
    replied
    Originally Posted by Stupree View Post
    Nah leave it rough
    i hear you, but a think this is gonna be a nice one ruff or smooth. im looking forwards to popping a ferrule on it
    Last edited by j6uk; 3 January 2015, 07:50 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Stupree
    replied
    j6 cue stories

Nah leave it rough

Leave a comment:

• j6uk
    replied
    Originally Posted by Stupree View Post
    I can send the mother in law as she has years of experience of sitting astride broomsticks
    i think i'll wait till the end till i put a finish on it
    Last edited by j6uk; 3 January 2015, 07:40 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Stupree
    replied
    Originally Posted by j6uk View Post
    just ruff cut around it, and i'll sit on it for a few weeks then have another look
    I can send the mother in law as she has years of experience of sitting astride broomsticks

Leave a comment:

• jrc750
    replied
    Originally Posted by j6uk View Post
    just ruff cut around it, and i'll sit on it for a few weeks then have another look
    Watch out for splinters ;-)

Leave a comment:

• j6uk
    replied
    Originally Posted by RogiBear View Post
    Have to say I do like the look of that. It's difficult to tell from your picture but have you already started to taper it or have you just planed round atm?

Leave a comment:

• j6uk
    replied
    well it was in the ash rack and it looked like ash from what i could see, the rest is yellowish with pink and white. its very straight, close, dry, has an odor to it. yeah it does look good i must say
    i dont see it moving much so i think i'll start working it if its the same this time next month

Leave a comment:

• RogiBear
    replied
    Have to say I do like the look of that. It's difficult to tell from your picture but have you already started to taper it or have you just planed round atm?

Leave a comment:

• culraven
    replied
    Stupid question, but are you sure that is Ash, never seen it that dark before?

Leave a comment:

• Neil Taperell
    replied
    Will be interested to see how this finally comes out looking like .

Leave a comment:

• j6uk
    replied
    this shaft feels and smells quite special. a rich aroma coming from the surface that if never come across before with very close grain. its quite brown in color and i believe its cut closer to the core of the tree

Last edited by j6uk; 3 January 2015, 03:07 PM.

Leave a comment:

• j6uk
    replied
    Originally Posted by neil taperell View Post
    The usual place J.....Frames in Coulsdon . Managed to far exceed my expectations and knocked in a 41 break , missed a black of its spot ....with 5 other reds in the open . Only played 5 frames and very happy with how I was cueing after 4 months out of the game . Even had to clean the dust off my case !!!
    not bad for being out so long.
    yeah i remember the days getting the collywobbles in the forties, and i miss that buzz now

Leave a comment:

• Neil Taperell
    replied
    The usual place J.....Frames in Coulsdon . Managed to far exceed my expectations and knocked in a 41 break , missed a black of its spot ....with 5 other reds in the open . Only played 5 frames and very happy with how I was cueing after 4 months out of the game . Even had to clean the dust off my case !!!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X