Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Judd Trump's cue

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Originally Posted by matt926_uk View Post
    27mm is very slim but go with whatever feels best to you. My hands aren't that big but i feel most comfortable with 29mm, even 29.5 doesn't feel right to me, .5 makes a difference so u want to get it right
    I also feel 27mm is a little too slim. My hands ain't big as well but I'm on 28.5mm and yes, .5 makes a big difference to me as well.

    Comment


    • #17
      Originally Posted by Snivy View Post
      yup it looks exactly like it but the black seems to look longer.
      "black" you mean the ebony butt splices?
      "look longer" you mean longer on the photo or on the Cue Builder off the website?

      The length of the ebony butt splices can be different depends on what you spec; 1pc, where the 3/4 joint is placed (JP options are 12" and 16"), etc., also these are made by hand so every cue is slightly different.

      butt width: JT apparently has a 30mm butt, and I would repeat what others have said that 27/27.5 would be very slim, go for 28.5/29 (you can have wood removed later, more difficult to add )

      I think you measured the butt at the correct point, i.e. not at the flat but at the widest.

      You said that JP said he had some purple veneer, in what context is this purple veneer to do with JT's cue? or just a possible for your order?
      Up the TSF!

      Comment


      • #18
        Judd's cue decoration is 4x secondary splices of caretto with thin purple veneer under thick satinwood veneers (not maple). It has a yellowy tinge to it. I remember asking john when in his shop

        Comment


        • #19
          Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
          "black" you mean the ebony butt splices?
          "look longer" you mean longer on the photo or on the Cue Builder off the website?

          The length of the ebony butt splices can be different depends on what you spec; 1pc, where the 3/4 joint is placed (JP options are 12" and 16"), etc., also these are made by hand so every cue is slightly different.

          butt width: JT apparently has a 30mm butt, and I would repeat what others have said that 27/27.5 would be very slim, go for 28.5/29 (you can have wood removed later, more difficult to add )

          I think you measured the butt at the correct point, i.e. not at the flat but at the widest.

          You said that JP said he had some purple veneer, in what context is this purple veneer to do with JT's cue? or just a possible for your order?
          The ebony splicings on the image of the cuebuilder looks longer. I take it that 1 piece generally has a shorter splicing compared to 3/4 or a 1/2.

          Yeah, I think 29/30 would be best according the replies above.

          Asked JP quite sometime back.

          Comment


          • #20
            Originally Posted by matt926_uk View Post
            27mm is very slim but go with whatever feels best to you. My hands aren't that big but i feel most comfortable with 29mm, even 29.5 doesn't feel right to me, .5 makes a difference so u want to get it right
            Going with 30!

            Comment


            • #21
              It couldn't have been designed on the cue builder because you cannot get a mix of thick and thin veneers! I think JP may be telling a few porkies there.

              Comment


              • #22
                Originally Posted by cueman View Post
                It couldn't have been designed on the cue builder because you cannot get a mix of thick and thin veneers! I think JP may be telling a few porkies there.
                I was told by JP employee that if I wanted something a bit different to what was shown by the cue builder to put the information in the comments field and they would do their best to give me what I'd asked for.

                Comment


                • #23
                  Originally Posted by Snivy View Post
                  Going with 30!
                  cool, have you tried out a cue with 30 butt though? did you like it? becuase there is a big difference between 30 and your current cue which is 27

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Originally Posted by matt926_uk View Post
                    cool, have you tried out a cue with 30 butt though? did you like it? becuase there is a big difference between 30 and your current cue which is 27
                    Haha, I own a pool cue that is 30, so yea! Can't be bothered to adjust back and forth so might as well though I have never tried it with a flat side

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      most people can but again it depends on your playing style. someone like me who uses a lot of wrist in the action may find a lighter, or heavier cue better; or likewise a larger or smaller tip.
                      my specs are
                      tip:8.5mm
                      lenght:58 inch
                      weight:17 oz

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Anyone know why Judd changed cues? I am guessing it is another Parris? Is his new cue similar to his old cue in terms of size, weight and stiffness etc. or has he gone a new route with it?

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          The 'new' cue (from about Aug16) is a plain butt, spec not known.
                          "nearly" had a chance to ask him the reason for the change at Welsh Open 2017
                          Up the TSF!

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            The way Higgins mentioned it the other day I thought it was new this season, I guess 2 years old still qualifies as new as far as cues go though. Thanks for the info

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              not just players but the commentators also say such things as well

                              [now that is not to say that Trump had not been to see JP last week ]
                              Up the TSF!

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                As DeanH said, he got new cue for the start of 2016/17 season because he wanted a stiffer cue if I remember rightly. Possibly slightly bigger tip too I think?
                                He was practicing with a Tyrone(possibly others) cue just before making the switch to the Parris.
                                ***********************MY CUE SET UP***********************
                                Parris 3/4 Champion Ash Cue - 58”, 9.4mm, 19.4oz.
                                Parris Long & Mini Extensions, Parris 6” Mini Butt.
                                Parris Ultimate 3/4 Leather Case, Parris Leather Chalk Pouch, Parris Cue Towel, Taom Gold Soft Chalk.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X