ferrule

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ferrule

If the ferrule is slightly leaning to the right wen a look down the cue to play a shot will that affect the shot or would only annoy in terms of apprearance ?

Personally would get referulled.

Comment

Originally Posted by jim evans View Post
      Personally would get referulled.

No i defo will be but just wanted to make sure first would it affect some types of shots that i play ? Or is it just in my eye line that it would annoy me

Comment

ferrule

since you are posting about it, it will always be in your mind when down on a shot. so get a new ferrule fitted correctly so you can focus on the shots
        Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
          since you are posting about it, it will always be in your mind when down on a shot. so get a new ferrule fitted correctly so you can focus on the shots
          What he said

Comment

Originally Posted by chicco View Post
            No i defo will be but just wanted to make sure first would it affect some types of shots that i play ? Or is it just in my eye line that it would annoy me
            Re-ferruled my cue the other day as I wasn't convinced it was sound (clunky).

Change your ferrule and then at least you can tick that box and get onto something else (will always be on your mind when things aren't going right!).
            Snooker Crazy - Cues and Equipment Sales Website
            Snooker Crazy - Facebook Page
            Snooker Crazy - You Tube Channel

Comment

I am changing it organised it for next week .however can any one answer would it make u miss with it would it knock ur line of sighting out as i said its getting changed just curious now as its been like this for about 6 months or so

Comment

dont know if it would effect the shot, but would not buy, play with or sell a cue like that. Cheers
                I try hard, play hard and dont always succeed, at first.!!!!:snooker:

Comment

can you pt up a pic? would need to know whats really causing it. if youve been sanding the shaft over the years then you may now notice some movement
                  but one thing that can cause a cue not to play how it should is if the ferrule has not been put on straight and/or miss aligned like in the pic below
                  Last edited by j6uk; 4 October 2015, 09:31 AM.

Comment

Its hard to put pic up when you are cueing up.to hit the cue ball the ferrule just looks like it leans to the side as if it has a bend right at the very end of cue its not due to sanding shaft or ferrule as i do not do this

Comment

Originally Posted by chicco View Post
                      Its hard to put pic up when you are cueing up.to hit the cue ball the ferrule just looks like it leans to the side as if it has a bend right at the very end of cue its not due to sanding shaft or ferrule as i do not do this
                      then it must be very insignificant if it cant be seen by a keen eye via a few good pics
                      id put a few up anyway cus if you change the ferrule your very likely to change the feel of the cue as you know it. though that might not be really important to you

Comment

Has anyone got any pics of poorly fitted cue ferrules as I've seen a few lately.

A few days ago I got asked to replace a ferrule for a guy who used to knock in centuries years ago but rarely plays now.

He asked for a new ferrule (didn't say why) and an Elkmaster tip on his 8.6mm ferrule.

I took the cue home and had a shock when I opened the case and saw that he'd already attempted a change and pretty much wrecked his playing cue and refitted the original ferrule off centre.

A real shame but a right mess up (or words to that affect), especially for a guy who's been around.
                        Snooker Crazy - Cues and Equipment Sales Website
                        Snooker Crazy - Facebook Page
                        Snooker Crazy - You Tube Channel

Comment

Working...
                        X