X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Parris cue doubles as fishing rod?

64 inch Parris anyone?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/John-Parri...oAAOSwxj5XQizg

The extra length is to enable a longer reach off the cushion without catching your body ..........

(brand new leather case in packaging) cue used hand full of times in great condition with recipes

Wonder what recipes they are ? ...........with that rod.........they must be Fish.......wonder if you have to leave the meat to REST....!!!!
    Last edited by Neil Taperell; 23 May 2016, 11:31 AM.
    Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

Fish balls maybe

Comment

Long enough to catch the cherubs in the sky?

Comment

64" that's gotta be the longest cue I've seen!

Comment

A decent length cue for the half butt maybe

Comment

Originally Posted by neil taperell View Post
              The extra length is to enable a longer reach off the cushion without catching your body ..........

(brand new leather case in packaging) cue used hand full of times in great condition with recipes

Wonder what recipes they are ? ...........with that rod.........they must be Fish.......wonder if you have to leave the meat to REST....!!!!
              Hi Neil, how you keeping fella?
              Saw this last night and confused me also with the "reach off cushion" bit too???
              VR Ultimate Limited Edition 1 Piece Ash Cue - 58” | 9mm | 18.9oz | 29.5mm | 18”.
              Long & Short Tele Extensions | 6” & 3” Ebony Mini Butts.
              Peradon Blue/Black Patchwork Leather 1 Piece Wide Case.
              Century Titanium Ferrule | ADR147 Tip | Taom V10 Chalk.

Comment

All good Dan .......you tried that chalk yet ? How's the shoulder ?

Comment

All good Dan .......you tried that chalk yet ? How's the shoulder ?
                  You know what? I haven't played with but chalked as still got problem with my shoulder.
                  Have noticed that it goes on lovely with elks but not so on a kamui which the master chalk seems to give a better coating. But again, not played yet which is frustrating!
                  VR Ultimate Limited Edition 1 Piece Ash Cue - 58” | 9mm | 18.9oz | 29.5mm | 18”.
                  Long & Short Tele Extensions | 6” & 3” Ebony Mini Butts.
                  Peradon Blue/Black Patchwork Leather 1 Piece Wide Case.
                  Century Titanium Ferrule | ADR147 Tip | Taom V10 Chalk.

Comment

64 inches!!! He's getting his money's worth for an ultimate. I have a friend who plays with a one piece 72 inch cue (home made from 2 cues), 8.7mm tip, weighs around 20 oz and knocks in regular 50+ breaks. One of the problems he has is finding a case long enough to fit the cue.

Comment

I'm not having that Ken......72inches ......how tall is he ??

He can't be able to play some shots with that length in certain clubs , as there won't be enough room round the table !

Comment

I'm not having that Ken......72inches ......how tall is he ??

He can't be able to play some shots with that length in certain clubs , as there won't be enough room round the table !
                        No joke Neil, the honest truth. He's about 5 ft 7 and he is a bus driver where there is a massive snooker room (bus depot Hackney) with more than ample room for his long cue. He does have problems with clubs which are tight on space but he has a shorter cue, 65 inches which does help. His argument is he uses the rest less and the longer cue gives him more stability when delivering the cue. When I first played him with the long cue I laughed and thought ' you're taking the ****'. Well I had to eat humble pie, did me in 10-3 with five 60+ breaks also 96 and 80. If he made it pro I wonder how he would of coped playing the 1st round of the World Championships with such a tight set up.
                        Last edited by ken147; 23 May 2016, 01:45 PM.

Comment

How much cue has he got hanging out the back Ken ?

Comment

How much cue has he got hanging out the back Ken ?
                            Not sure, but his bridge hand is around 18-20 inches to the cue ball. When cueing on the cushion he changes to the shorter cue for obvious reasons, space and the back balance of the cue will hinder cushion shots.

Comment

Working...
                            X