Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My workshop

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • I use 2 grades of diamond stone whetted with white spirit and finish with a polished marble stone also whetted with white spirit. Blades are super sharp afterwards.
    Speak up, you've got to speak up against the madness, you've got speak your mind if you dare
    but don't try to get yourself elected, for if you do you'll have to cut your hair

    Comment


    • I have a small one somewhere.
      Always wanted to get a slate stone but were to much money at the time.
      Yes it makes a very big difference the finger stone you use and strop my plane iron and chisel's with leather glue to a block of MDF, with some metal polish.
      Will see if i can find a link for the ceramic stone, with are very good for a final finish.
      For that one you've always wanted...
      https://www.facebook.com/ninjacues/

      Comment


      • https://www.heinnie.com/spyderco-cer...rpening-stones

        I have two of these but never paid this for them
        I have a medium and fine one.
        For that one you've always wanted...
        https://www.facebook.com/ninjacues/

        Comment


        • Originally Posted by Ninja.cues View Post
          https://www.heinnie.com/spyderco-cer...rpening-stones

          I have two of these but never paid this for them
          I have a medium and fine one.
          Not cheap then mate! I can't think what I paid for mine though.

          I also use a strop...........especially when things go wrong!
          Snooker Crazy - Cues and Equipment Sales Website
          Snooker Crazy - Facebook Page
          Snooker Crazy - You Tube Channel

          Comment


          • Originally Posted by vmax View Post
            I use 2 grades of diamond stone whetted with white spirit and finish with a polished marble stone also whetted with white spirit. Blades are super sharp afterwards.
            Why white spirit vmax, not heard of that.
            Snooker Crazy - Cues and Equipment Sales Website
            Snooker Crazy - Facebook Page
            Snooker Crazy - You Tube Channel

            Comment


            • Originally Posted by Ninja.cues View Post
              I have a small one somewhere.
              Always wanted to get a slate stone but were to much money at the time.
              Yes it makes a very big difference the finger stone you use and strop my plane iron and chisel's with leather glue to a block of MDF, with some metal polish.
              Will see if i can find a link for the ceramic stone, with are very good for a final finish.
              Are the hard Arkansas stones any use for sharpening ?

              I use one in my work for taking any small burrs or raised areas off of damaged hardened steel surfaces
              ( prior to calibrating digital calipers, etc. . . ).

              Comment


              • Originally Posted by billabong View Post
                Are the hard Arkansas stones any use for sharpening ?

                I use one in my work for taking any small burrs or raised areas off of damaged hardened steel surfaces
                ( prior to calibrating digital calipers, etc. . . ).
                They are really good, friend use to have one and used it a few times myself.
                Always wanted to get one after but only ended up getting a small pocket one from a car boot as the new ones where in cheap.
                For that one you've always wanted...
                https://www.facebook.com/ninjacues/

                Comment


                • Originally Posted by Shockerz View Post
                  Why white spirit vmax, not heard of that.
                  Sorry for late reply shockz, because it's wet, on the shelf handy and anything wet will do, no other reason.
                  Speak up, you've got to speak up against the madness, you've got speak your mind if you dare
                  but don't try to get yourself elected, for if you do you'll have to cut your hair

                  Comment


                  • Originally Posted by vmax View Post
                    Sorry for late reply shockz, because it's wet, on the shelf handy and anything wet will do, no other reason.
                    lol.

                    Good job the toilets not too far away then if you use anything that's handy.................did make me laugh though!
                    Snooker Crazy - Cues and Equipment Sales Website
                    Snooker Crazy - Facebook Page
                    Snooker Crazy - You Tube Channel

                    Comment

                    Working...
                    X