No announcement yet.

My workshop

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Steve. I have similar lathe but where did you get the long bed from?
    "Don't think, feel"

Comment

It's not a long bed, it's the mid size Cuesmith and is only 48 inches long. You can get a small bed extension for it but the import duty and postage will be more than it costs so I shan't bother.
      I only use the lathe for making mini butts and fitting joints and ferrules.

Comment

Nice looking cue Vmax .

Comment

Thanks Catch.

Comment

Just finished this one

58 1/2 inch one piece ash with tiger wood butt, maple veneer and an ipe tabaca splice
            10mm tip, 30mm butt, 17 1/2 inch balance point 16.2 oz's

IMG_0179.JPGIMG_0180.JPGIMG_0181.JPGIMG_0182.JPG

Comment

good to see you producing steve. though not easy to see whats going on in your pics, the last cue seemed out of focus and now these are too dark. be good to see your work out side in natural light..
              could also load your pics somewhere like photo bucket. that way you can just cut and paste the links and you can see you pics on the thread
              Last edited by j6uk; 17 May 2017, 04:22 PM.

Comment

Looks real good but would be better taking your pics outside.
                For that one you've always wanted...
                https://www.facebook.com/ninjacues/

Comment

Just opened a Flickr account,
                  from top
                  60 inch one piece ash 18 oz's 10mm aluminium ferrule
                  58 inch one piece ash 9 ball cue 16.5 oz's with 12mm buffalo horn ferrule
                  58 inch one piece beech 18 oz's with 9.4mm brass ferrule
                  57 inch one piece beech 17 oz's with 9mm brass ferrule

34509230896_c761f9d75f_b.jpg

Comment

like the look of the 60" cue.
                    what kind of dims you doing 18" from the butt, and halfway up?

Comment

Originally Posted by vmax4steve View Post
                      Just opened a Flickr account,
                      from top
                      60 inch one piece ash 18 oz's 10mm aluminium ferrule
                      58 inch one piece ash 9 ball cue 16.5 oz's with 12mm buffalo horn ferrule
                      58 inch one piece beech 18 oz's with 9.4mm brass ferrule
                      57 inch one piece beech 17 oz's with 9mm brass ferrule

[ATTACH=CONFIG]18791[/ATTACH]
                      Some nice handy work there vmax!
                      "I got injected with the passion for snooker" - SQ_FLYER
                      National Snooker Expo
                      25-27 October 2019
                      http://nationalsnookerexpo.com

Comment

Originally Posted by j6uk View Post
                        like the look of the 60" cue.
                        what kind of dims you doing 18" from the butt, and halfway up?
                        I don't quite get what you mean j6. Are you talking about from where do I plane for the dimensions and taper ?

Comment

Originally Posted by vmax4steve View Post
                          I don't quite get what you mean j6. Are you talking about from where do I plane for the dimensions and taper ?
                          i was thinking what are the dims of your cues at the halfway point and 18" up from the butt, 18 being roughly the top of the splices on most cues.
                          Last edited by j6uk; 19 May 2017, 02:41 PM.

Comment

The 60" one piece ash cue measures at 30mm butt, 24mm shoulder, 21mm at h/w to 10mm ferrule

58 inch one piece ash pool cue is 29mm butt, 23mm shoulder, 20mm at h/w to 12mm ferrule

58 1/2" beech is 30mm butt, 24mm shoulder, 21mm at h/w to 9.3mm ferrule

57" beech is 30mm butt, 25mm shoulder, 21mm at h/w to 9mm ferrule

58 1/2" one piece ash is 30.5mm butt, 25mm shoulder, 20.5mm at h/w to 9.8mm ferrule.

All roughly the same and done only by eye, strange that they came out so close to each other as I measure nothing until deciding length to fit the ferrule. I decided to taper the 60" cue from the 57" point to keep the taper the same as a standard cue, so the last three inches is dowelled at 30mm, basically where you hold it has no taper. You influenced me there after our many discussions over longer cues and how you thought that the standard length gave better feel, I thought that might simply be down to the taper over the standard 57 inches was in some way 'right'. It certainly feels more solid than my 61 1/2" playing cue that's tapered it's whole length.

Comment

Much better pics on the flicker thing. It's a pity the beech is so stiff as I like the look of the shafts. Nice going Vmax.
                              This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
                              https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

looks like some good dims for those cues steve, and reaching that simply by hand eye would be a very secure feeling

Comment

Working...
                                X