My workshop

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by j6uk View Post
    looks like some good dims for those cues steve, and reaching that simply by hand eye would be a very secure feeling
    Hands and eye can be a lot better than people might think...
    Think of how much furniture was made with just that... As long as your not looking at old Italian stuff lol
    Well the stuff I've worked on...
    For that one you've always wanted...
    https://www.facebook.com/ninjacues/

Comment

Originally Posted by j6uk View Post
      looks like some good dims for those cues steve, and reaching that simply by hand eye would be a very secure feeling
      At each stage of the process after planing each shaft all the way around I look down the shaft to see where it's going. I expect you do the same, I expect we all do the same, and a straight taper from 30mm to 9/10mm has to be around those dimensions. Using a long bed no: 7 will produce that same straight taper, then get the smaller planes out if you feel a need to hone the shaft at differing pionts for a different feel, but whose feel, yours or the potential customer ?

Comment

Some better pics of the one piece ash with tigerwood butt

https://www.flickr.com/photos/vmax4steve/shares/7837B5

Comment

Originally Posted by vmax4steve View Post
          Some better pics of the one piece ash with tigerwood butt

https://www.flickr.com/photos/vmax4steve/shares/7837B5
          Looks very good Steve nice shaft too. Great work.

Comment

Originally Posted by justf View Post
            Looks very good Steve nice shaft too. Great work.
            Thanks, giving it a bash on the table at lunchtime.

Comment

Well it plays very well, and once again those cheap chinese tips are excellent, loads of grip and feel from the get go. Can't believe I bought a hundred for a tenner, absolute bargain.

s-l225.jpg

Comment

Well it plays very well, and once again those cheap chinese tips are excellent, loads of grip and feel from the get go. Can't believe I bought a hundred for a tenner, absolute bargain.

[ATTACH]18792[/ATTACH]
                Can't go wrong with them for that money, probably my favourite pressed tip, quite consistent too you will find. If they can do it why elks can't is beyond me.
                Are we not getting a cue review on the old YouTube Vmax ?
                Last edited by itsnoteasy; 21 May 2017, 03:41 PM.
                This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
                https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

Originally Posted by itsnoteasy View Post
                  Are we not getting a cue review on the old YouTube Vmax ?
                  I don't see John Parris, Trevor White, Dave Coutts, Robert Osborne or Mike Wooldridge doing that, only our own j6, and seeing as I'm half the player he is you lot would think all my misses were down to the cue.
                  So in short no, and I don't have a video camera anyway.
                  If anyone likes it then they can pm me for a price before it gets sold locally, and I'm not asking hundreds.

Comment

I don't see John Parris, Trevor White, Dave Coutts, Robert Osborne or Mike Wooldridge doing that, only our own j6, and seeing as I'm half the player he is you lot would think all my misses were down to the cue.
                    If anyone likes it then they can pm me for a price before it gets sold locally, and I'm not asking hundreds.
                    You weren't shy at showing us all a swerve shot not so long ago...seemed to have a camera then...

Comment

I was just pulling your leg, I wasn't expecting one really.
                      This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
                      https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

If you do a video.... I will do one to with my next finished cue.
                        Is an American pool cue by the way...
                        I'm sure not the player j6 is either...
                        For that one you've always wanted...
                        https://www.facebook.com/ninjacues/

Comment

Originally Posted by Hello, Mr Big Shot View Post
                          You weren't shy at showing us all a swerve shot not so long ago...seemed to have a camera then...
                          I may have linked to one on youtube but it certainly wasn't me.

Comment

fitting joints

hi
                            i have been looking at some of your pics. ive decided to have a go at making a cue. I'm concerned about drilling for the joints. I have a small lathe but it currently wont drill the end of a butt. Ive noticed you have a device that sits between the chuck and the drill to support the cue. Did you make this item or can it be purchased.
                            look forward to your reply.

Comment

fitting joints

hi
                              i have been looking at some of your pics. ive decided to have a go at making a cue. I'm concerned about drilling for the joints. I have a small lathe but it currently wont drill the end of a butt. Ive noticed you have a device that sits between the chuck and the drill to support the cue. Did you make this item or can it be purchased.
                              look forward to your reply.

Comment

It's a lathe steady, you can't do joints without a lathe!

Comment

Working...
                                X