No announcement yet.

My workshop

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The mocking bird ,Slash used one on the You could be mine video .Trouble with Floyd rose trems there are so many different ones ,and not all great quality ,the. Cheaper ones wear out the knife edges ,I prefer the Kahler trems with the Floyd rose lock nut in titanium ,stays in tune perfect .Trouble with guitars ,theres always another one to get

Comment

• Originally Posted by mikee View Post
      The mocking bird ,Slash used one on the You could be mine video .Trouble with Floyd rose trems there are so many different ones ,and not all great quality ,the. Cheaper ones wear out the knife edges ,I prefer the Kahler trems with the Floyd rose lock nut in titanium ,stays in tune perfect .Trouble with guitars ,theres always another one to get
      It wasn't the trem's fault, it was mine as I had to rest my picking hand on it as that's how I learned on my Les Paul. If you touch any floating bridge it moves so therefore goes out of tune. Guitars are like cues I suppose, always another one to try 'til you find the one. I'm putting together this telecaster style one for a mate at work, I'm not too sure on my woodworking skills to make a neck from scratch just yet, for a start I don't have all the correct tools, but this tele partscaster will help me with my wood finishing and will take my cues to a higher level, finish wise anyway as that seems important for some.
      Something made from wood needs to be ultra shiny and not feel like wood for some reason
      Speak up, you've got to speak up against the madness, you've got speak your mind if you dare
      but don't try to get yourself elected, for if you do you'll have to cut your hair

Comment

• Have stained and grained the body and neck, shaped the pick guard and laid the parts together to see what it looks like, pretty cool I think. Now I have to attach the neck and solder the pick ups and switches.

http://
        Speak up, you've got to speak up against the madness, you've got speak your mind if you dare
        but don't try to get yourself elected, for if you do you'll have to cut your hair

Comment

• Bloody nora Vmax, not bad at all for someone with limited tools, very impressed.
          Snooker is a game of simple shots played to perfection, Joe Davies

Comment

• Very nice indeed Steve. vmax would be a great brand name for guitars, would look cool on the headstock. Let us know when you start taking orders.

-
            The fast and the furious,
            The slow and labourious,
            All of us, glorious parts of the whole!

Comment

• Finally finished it this week, looks and sounds pretty good for a first effort

Comment

• Looks good mate ,has a nice vintage vibe about it ,hope it sounds and plays nice .

Comment

• Get your stacka boots on Steve, and Kerrang some glam rock! Love it.
                  ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

• I think that gold grain filler on black stain is the bollocks, going to make a cue like that sometime

Comment

• Gotta say I do love the way those Royal Blood lads get so much out of a bass guitar and drum kit. My kid tells me the guitar player uses several tuned bass guitars to get the required sound for each track! Jimmy page likes them so that's good enough for me!!
                      ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

• Nice job vmax, didn't notice the gold filler until you mentioned it, that would make a unique cue indeed.
                        Snooker is a game of simple shots played to perfection, Joe Davies

Comment

• Originally Posted by Cannonball View Post

Fair play for answering. I think most cue makers don't hand plane from squares down now, maybe just Parris and J6. I don't think it makes any difference but it is a USP for some buyers. The resting you've done sounds spot on. I think Parris recommends 3 planings over 9mths, I could be wrong, the damn barley wine has affected the old cognitive today.
                          Nothing wrong with Barley wine!

Comment

• Originally Posted by vmax View Post
                            Have stained and grained the body and neck, shaped the pick guard and laid the parts together to see what it looks like, pretty cool I think. Now I have to attach the neck and solder the pick ups and switches.

This is excellent, quality workmanship.. are they for your own pleasure? Or do you sell? Would do well in retail!
                            Last edited by Inoffthered; 9 June 2021, 01:36 PM. Reason: sausage fingers lol

Comment

• Originally Posted by Inoffthered View Post

This is excellent, quality workmanship.. are they for your own pleasure? Or do you sell? Would do well in retail!
                              It was a lockdown project purely to enhance my wood finishing skills. Parts were sourced on ebay, pretty cheap at around 150 quid all in, didn't make anything myself except stain and finish the neck and body. I wouldn't do it again, but will make one from scratch sometime in the future with better quality timber and parts now that I know what I'm doing.

Comment

• Originally Posted by vmax View Post

It was a lockdown project purely to enhance my wood finishing skills. Parts were sourced on ebay, pretty cheap at around 150 quid all in, didn't make anything myself except stain and finish the neck and body. I wouldn't do it again, but will make one from scratch sometime in the future with better quality timber and parts now that I know what I'm doing.
                                You’re probably doing similar already.. but i would seriously consider pursuing this sort of thing professionally, failing that .. be a french polisher, or something like that.. who can repair and re-finish sentimental items for ppl ? ( just an idea )

Comment

Working...
                                X