No announcement yet.

j6 cues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The real work is the shaft, then weighting it right, everything else is decoration..
    So you could spend the summer just cutting shafts. Then from there it's possible to turn a cue around within a week including the fine tuneings.

Comment

• Originally Posted by j6uk View Post
      The real work is the shaft, then weighting it right, everything else is decoration..
      So you could spend the summer just cutting shafts. Then from there it's possible to turn a cue around within a week including the fine tuneings.
      Cool. I couldn't dream of making a cue, I wouldn't know where to start.
      WPBSA Level 2 - 1st4Sport Coach
      Available for personalised one-to-one coaching sessions
      --------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

• Thats great Work.
        If you need somebody to test them, here i'am

Comment

The real work is the shaft, then weighting it right, everything else is decoration..
          You're not running out of Russian Ash yet then 'J?'
          Snooker Crazy - Cues and Equipment Sales Website
          Snooker Crazy - Facebook Page
          Snooker Crazy - You Tube Channel

Comment

• Cue Review - first post on page 26.
            Cue - Ash, Maple Front Splice, Bubinga wood.
            Tip of Choice - Talisman 10mm medium (shaved down to 9.4)
            Previous cues used - Maximus Premium, ADR 147 (both Ash).
            both previous cues have similar specs.

I should have written this review a while ago but feel it is the right time. I have been reading a lot of "JP" hate (warranted or not) so I thought why not put up something positive?

This cue is an absolute gem in terms of its looks and feel. I cannot compare the feeling to anything that I have tried or played with. I didn’t start of well with the cue but after much practice of my cue action and just table time I am starting to reap the rewards of what the cue has to offer.

Also learned an important lesson to not share my cue with anyone. A friend wanted to play a few shots and I obliged, the very first shot with my new cue he plays a 10ft deep screw and split the tip in half. If he wasn't a friend I would have bashed his skull in with hammer. In hindsight - I was forced the replace the tip and put on my favorite - Talisman medium. That is when I truly felt one with the cue. So maybe I shouldn't hate my friend.
            Long story shot - I highly recommend Jason's work. He was very upfront in the beginning about cost, wood selection, and in general answered every question. The only thing I didn't like was that the grain of the shaft wasn’t filled, but now I have gotten used to it and it actually worked out better because I don't focus on my cue but what is infront of me.

Cheers Jason - keep up the great work! I know I will not be buying a JP or any other "top end" cue anytime soon.

Comment

• Originally Posted by rasputin View Post
              Thats great Work.
              If you need somebody to test them, here i'am
              right you are;]

Originally Posted by Shockerz View Post
              You're not running out of Russian Ash yet then 'J?'
              a couple left mate..

Originally Posted by arsalanjami View Post
              Cue Review - first post on page 26.
              Cue - Ash, Maple Front Splice, Bubinga wood.
              Tip of Choice - Talisman 10mm medium (shaved down to 9.4)
              Previous cues used - Maximus Premium, ADR 147 (both Ash).
              both previous cues have similar specs.

I should have written this review a while ago but feel it is the right time. I have been reading a lot of "JP" hate (warranted or not) so I thought why not put up something positive?

This cue is an absolute gem in terms of its looks and feel. I cannot compare the feeling to anything that I have tried or played with. I didn’t start of well with the cue but after much practice of my cue action and just table time I am starting to reap the rewards of what the cue has to offer.

Also learned an important lesson to not share my cue with anyone. A friend wanted to play a few shots and I obliged, the very first shot with my new cue he plays a 10ft deep screw and split the tip in half. If he wasn't a friend I would have bashed his skull in with hammer. In hindsight - I was forced the replace the tip and put on my favorite - Talisman medium. That is when I truly felt one with the cue. So maybe I shouldn't hate my friend.
              Long story shot - I highly recommend Jason's work. He was very upfront in the beginning about cost, wood selection, and in general answered every question. The only thing I didn't like was that the grain of the shaft wasn’t filled, but now I have gotten used to it and it actually worked out better because I don't focus on my cue but what is infront of me.

Cheers Jason - keep up the great work! I know I will not be buying a JP or any other "top end" cue anytime soon.

really happy to hear your getting on with your new cue:]

will be showing more work very soon..

-
              Last edited by j6uk; 13 January 2019, 04:17 PM.

Comment

• heres a bit of an idea of whats starting to emerge.. from the kitchen table showroom;]

154cm/60.5'' long for one of Europe's top amateurs.

Last edited by j6uk; 15 January 2019, 05:11 PM.

Comment

• Looks very nice
                  Current playing cue Trevor White
                  3/4 ash cue

Comment

• Nice to see you posting again 'J'
                    Snooker Crazy - Cues and Equipment Sales Website
                    Snooker Crazy - Facebook Page
                    Snooker Crazy - You Tube Channel

Comment

• Originally Posted by Stevie1 View Post
                      Looks very nice
                      will see how the cue performs in a few days

Originally Posted by Shockerz View Post
                      Nice to see you posting again 'J'
                      yeah missed it marc ;]

Comment

• Hi there, how would I go about actually ordering a cue from yourself?

Comment

• Originally Posted by Capabara View Post
                          Hi there, how would I go about actually ordering a cue from yourself?
                          simply pm me when you are ready.

Comment

simply pm me when you are ready.
                            Is there any other way? I’m a long time lurker, not quite/at all active, so the board does not allow me to send PMs. ��

Comment

• Originally Posted by zimske View Post
                              Is there any other way? I’m a long time lurker, not quite/at all active, so the board does not allow me to send PMs. ��
                              Just post a few more comments then you can PM. Will take you all of 2 minutes

Comment

• Okay, I'll make here one just to say thanks. And now to see where I can actually contribute something of worth...

Comment

Working...
                                X