Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shockerz
    replied
    Nice to see you're still spending a decent bit of time in the workshop mate.

Leave a comment:

• j6uk
    replied
    Couple of choice constructions I’ve been testing over the weekend..

Last edited by j6uk; 2 November 2021, 07:43 PM.

Leave a comment:

• j6uk
    replied
    Originally Posted by Shockerz View Post
    Nice to see someone using a scraper 'J,' rare nowadays it seems.
    It’s a great tool in many ways, and in this case the prep work for fine planing.. but I understand why there not used, as not much is done by hand.
    I always remind myself, ‘I can have it done before any machines or jig has been setup.

Leave a comment:

• Shockerz
    replied
    Nice to see someone using a scraper 'J,' rare nowadays it seems.

Leave a comment:

• fkhan
    replied
    Great work. I have a queation. By how many mil should the cue reduce to make it lighter by an ounce? Just a rough estimate will do.

Leave a comment:

• j6uk
    replied
    I had a client send me this so as to retaper and refinish, to the same taper and feel as to his friends cue who recently started using a cue I made.
    Took roughly 0.5oz of wood out of the center to lower part of the cue, and I finished it by hand, fine planing out any rollsanding bumps and flats.
    Didn’t notice too much of a difference playing with the cue before and after the work as the cue was very stiff but felt better moving through the hands on and around the table..

Last edited by j6uk; 1 November 2021, 07:17 PM.

Leave a comment:

• vmax
    replied
    Would like to see a video of you using that 61 inch one piece, at six foot four I reckon it will suit you perfectly. BTW, the 3/4, have you finally gotten yourself a lathe for joint work ?

Leave a comment:

• j6uk
    replied
    Originally Posted by Shockerz View Post

Broom cupboards are magic. Every now and again cues turn up in mine, my wife and I have no idea where they come from.

Jamie and the magic torch

Leave a comment:

• Shockerz
    replied
    Originally Posted by j6uk View Post

Top post with considered words, much appreciated crafty.
    i don’t condone leaving cues in the broom cupboard btw..
    Broom cupboards are magic. Every now and again cues turn up in mine, my wife and I have no idea where they come from.

Leave a comment:

• j6uk
    replied
    Originally Posted by Cue crafty View Post
    A 3/4 stunner there Jason! First one of yours I've seen I think! If I didn't have 3 cues already sitting in my broom cupboard I'd be ordering one myself. I'll certainly be telling anyone I know who wants a bespoke cue made to look in your direction.

The badge just looks absolute class as well, it really does give the cues a very high end look. I can see you becoming very sought after turning out quality like this, it will be well deserved business mate as you have worked hard at your craft to get to this standard. All the best.

Top post with considered words, much appreciated crafty.
    i don’t condone leaving cues in the broom cupboard btw..

Leave a comment:

• Cue crafty
    replied
    A 3/4 stunner there Jason! First one of yours I've seen I think! If I didn't have 3 cues already sitting in my broom cupboard I'd be ordering one myself. I'll certainly be telling anyone I know who wants a bespoke cue made to look in your direction.

The badge just looks absolute class as well, it really does give the cues a very high end look. I can see you becoming very sought after turning out quality like this, it will be well deserved business mate as you have worked hard at your craft to get to this standard. All the best.

Leave a comment:

• j6uk
    replied
    61”
    18.9oz
    19bp

Last edited by j6uk; 18 August 2021, 11:07 PM.

Leave a comment:

• j6uk
    replied
    Originally Posted by Cue crafty View Post
    How do you sell your cues J? No Facebook page right? Your cues are really pure and must appeal to people who like Ronnie appreciate good wood unspoilt by split joints and butt joints.
    Getting out and about, wordofmouth, playing and reputation, whatever one calls it.. I tend to do small bursts of work throughout the year, that way I can focus 110 and produce what that player wants.

Leave a comment:

• j6uk
    replied
    Originally Posted by Davebarker1978 View Post

That cue is stunning! Well done! Love the badge!

keep up the good work.
    Yes there’s something about a plain ebony maple..
    Cheers Dave

Leave a comment:

• Davebarker1978
    replied
    Originally Posted by j6uk View Post
    Cheers lads,
    here’s a silky smooth stiff responsive ebony and maple.

17bp
    17.8oz

That cue is stunning! Well done! Love the badge!

keep up the good work.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X